• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Attacking newb cities

G

<font color=00008B>I was in the Southshore inn and a Blood Elf Paladin came in and started killing the NPC's in there. Would she gain anything from that other than mild personal amusement?
</font color=00008B>

G

Are ya on a pvp server? On my server, Tarren Mill and South Shore are the most attacked cities in the whole game. In other words, if you are on Venture Company and level 20something, you don't go to hillsbrad to level- unless you wanna get ganked.

G

<font color=00008B>Regular server. Otherwise, I'm sure she'd have killed more than just the NPC's.
</font color=00008B>

G

<font color=00008B>Now there's a Blood Elf Warlock standing on the roof of the inn there picking off guards randomly. What is the point in that?
</font color=00008B>

I

imported_Jazmine

Could be that they're just bored..Maybe they're getting revenge because a group of Alliance attacked one of their towns..Who knows..We've all got our own ideas of what we consider to be entertaining.

I've gone with groups a couple of times to raid Tarren Mill and The Crossroads simply because I was bored with questing/farming..Of course, you can only do that so long before you're bored again.

Ultima_Dork

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ive gone to southshore numerous times and killed everything in site.. its fun when your bored. no real point other than being bored and wanting to do something different.

G

<blockquote><hr>

ive gone to southshore numerous times and killed everything in site.. its fun when your bored. no real point other than being bored and wanting to do something different.

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color=00008B>I figured that it was probably just for fun, but I still wondered if maybe there was some honor or something invovled too.
</font color=00008B>

G

I do it to kill quest givers.

And I'll do it until I can no longer res and have a fair chance of living.

Do I get yelled at now cause I don't play the cookie cutter way everyone else plays?

E

Eldorian

<blockquote><hr>

Do I get yelled at now cause I don't play the cookie cutter way everyone else plays?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure whomever was trying to get that quest at that time probably has a few choice words - everyone else doesn't care.

G

And that is exactly WHY I do it. To make someone else mad. It makes me happy that I can bring grief into someone else's life.

E

Eldorian

It can be a little engaging at times. I know I had my fair share of griefing in UO.

WoW - eh, I have more fun actually playing the game, rather then being bored and finding things to do to tick people off. I think that's a testament toward the amount of content they put into the game to keep you busy.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color=00008B>The first one I saw that inspired the thread killed a quest giver I was using, but it was right after I'd turned in the quest. If it had been before, I just would have waited until later to turn it in.
</font color=00008B>

G

<blockquote><hr>

It can be a little engaging at times. I know I had my fair share of griefing in UO.

WoW - eh, I have more fun actually playing the game, rather then being bored and finding things to do to tick people off. I think that's a testament toward the amount of content they put into the game to keep you busy.

[/ QUOTE ]

But sometimes you just have to go kill quest givers. It brings me a lot of joy.

M

Muhammed Abdul

<blockquote><hr>

<font color=00008B>I was in the Southshore inn and a Blood Elf Paladin came in and started killing the NPC's in there. Would she gain anything from that other than mild personal amusement?
</font color=00008B>

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess that with the population of UO declining, the griefers have found a new place to mess up the gameplay of others. Like the level ?? Paladin wiping out all of Bloodhoof Village, or the masses of unburied NPCs in Auberdine. Or Crossroads. Or Sentinal Hill.

F

Ferrous_Ironclaw

ahh yer just working out all the post-UO anger. just finally closed my last account over there today.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

</font color=00008B>

[/ QUOTE ]

I would guess that with the population of UO declining, the griefers have found a new place to mess up the gameplay of others. Like the level ?? Paladin wiping out all of Bloodhoof Village, or the masses of unburied NPCs in Auberdine. Or Crossroads. Or Sentinal Hill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been griefing in WoW since day one.

And I really have a good time at it.

G

Nope.

If you are referring that I need something like this to make me a man, then you are VERY grossly mistaken and I can't believe that the editor of these forums would have to resort to a comment like this. It's pretty childish.

I do it cause it's fun. Just like PKing and stealing in UO. I loved it and made a past time out of it. I really don't care about the other person and their problems. I just want to make their life difficult. It's the way I choose to play, it's legal and nobody can do anything about it unless they think they can stop me.

*Shrug*

E

Eldorian

It was merely an offhanded comment since you've said in this thread several times how much you really really enjoy griefing people - so I was merely curious if there were more reasons than the ones you listed

G

Our guild will do what we call Friday night fights and we'll go play at Tarren Mill, Crossroads, etc.

It's fun when the 70s show up. MAkes the fighting much more entertaining.

L

Lord Abernathy

yeah, killing NPCs is just for giggles really...and they respawn pretty fast too, so even if your NPC questgiver or flightmaster is dead, just wait a couple of minutes and they'll be back, or you can do something else (another quest) and come back.