• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ATM's, I will or I won't

P

poppet

Just wondering how many people will use atm's and how many won't use them.

I WON'T USE THEM, I WON'T PUT THEM OUT FOR OTHERS TO USE

N

NightFlyer

I would sooner shut my game off forever than use the ATMs.

I

imported_Qute Pi

I want to cancel 2 of my 4 accounts and then use that $20 to spend at the atm. lol.
But that will be after amnesty...

A

ayla02

Will not use them and try to stay away from properties that have them. Own one? Needless to say NEVER!!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I want to cancel 2 of my 4 accounts and then use that $20 to spend at the atm. lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea Qute!

TTL

Um... I will use them. When I see something I want to buy. I know that when custom content clothing comes I will be all over them. I don't know. Maybe I'm an unprincipled heathen. But I don't see what the big deal is.

Use it or don't. Its not like these atm's are killing your grandmother.

O, and if I lived in a high traffic lot I would definitely own one.

G

I use my accounts to make money, so I dont need to buy it.

I want cash out now!

I want to sell my simoleans!

I dont want to waste it on useless virtual junk. I want tangible cash damnit!

G

<blockquote><hr>

I use my accounts to make money, so I dont need to buy it.

I want cash out now!

I want to sell my simoleans!

I dont want to waste it on useless virtual junk. I want tangible cash damnit!

[/ QUOTE ]

Wooh!
If I can manage to make decent looking custom content, I'd be all over that noise.

I

imported_Danny Dots

I've used it once. I would use it again if I have to.

G

I will use them only if I have to. Since I am stuck a huge download just to get back in the game, that won't be anytime soon.

G

i know i will NOT use the atm's i will just pizza and jam my butt off every day till i get enough money too feel like i can open my money house and have cash prizes to give out and still afford too stay open....

R

Rosebush3333

I have never used an ATM.
I will never use an ATM at any point in the future.
I will pizza for $1 a pizza all day long and live in a cardboard box HAPPILY as opposed to using an ATM.
I am not opposed to others having them or using them, sure I don't like the idea but it is how each chooses to play their game and I respect that.

I

imported_Shirl1211

<blockquote><hr>

I have never used an ATM.
I will never use an ATM at any point in the future.
I will pizza for $1 a pizza all day long and live in a cardboard box HAPPILY as opposed to using an ATM.
I am not opposed to others having them or using them, sure I don't like the idea but it is how each chooses to play their game and I respect that.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I weren't convinced that the lousy payouts we're getting was just to get people to use the ATM I would probably use them if I wanted to start doing random payouts and contest. I use to find them alot of fun because everyone seemed to chat and laugh and have a great time.

G

WILL NOT.

If payouts were fair then I would not mine but with the way things are now I will not even buy one to be on my lots....I think we should removed all the ATM's from our lots. With this crazy cap thing coming. I just see game getting boring. If your locks are skilled, and your cap is reached and you can't afford anything new for your house. What is left to do?

I

imported_Founder

I use it. I only have one account, as oppose to 4, which seems to be a magic number for some reason for most people. So as I see it, I'd rather spend $30 on ATM(if I need it) than to have multiple accounts and make money the hard way.

Yeah, I know; I suck, but hey, every time I use ATM and bring money to EA, I know that I help Lee to put some cream cheese on his bagel every morning and that puts a smile on my face and gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling on the inside...oh wait...thats just my heartburn.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Just wondering how many people will use atm's and how many won't use them.

I WON'T USE THEM, I WON'T PUT THEM OUT FOR OTHERS TO USE

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not one that believes the ATM's are the ruination of the game.
Actually, they are the saving grace, since they are the embodiment of the concept of 'cash-in cash-out', which is the primary reason the game is still alive.
If done right, ATM's will generate the added profit EA is looking for by offering services and goods (far beyond what we see now) for a price. And... players will pay.

Not *this* player, of course.

No way I'm dumping *my* hard earned cash into the "Green Monster".

G

See, I think what you do is the most logical way to do things.

I mean if you think about it... having four accounts you can pizza w/ yourself and make no money... get your $500 a week per account, but in the long run, I think that using that 30 just to buy money would turn out to be more than it is with you having to multitask left and right, and making less money.

I have two accounts open currently. The reason it is two is because I had opened one for TC3 when it came, chances are I'm going to ffl that bizness... and maybe I'll start messing with the ATM's and seeking out fun shops.

There was one that I was shown in game that I wanted to explore more... very cool Asian decor.

Can't remember the name, b/c when I was shown I was, of course, not sober.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I have considered that myself, except that I considered opening up a 3rd account (hubby and I each have one premium) and hubby suggested instead using *that* $10 in the ATM when I needed it, that way if there was a month that we could not spare the $10 from the budget we wouldn't have an account bouncing from free to premium to free to premium, plus I really don't need *anothter* 14 sims in addition to the 28 we've already got with the 2 premium accounts. The ATMs as I see it are at this point the lesser of two evils. No they are not fantastic, but with all these people shutting down their accounts in *protest* if the money is not made up somewhere then EA will pull the plug on every single one of us and NOBODY will have a game to play. And really with the cap at 3k if and when it works right since it isn't now, those that choose to spend that on a subscription can get 12k a month for their 10 instead of....what is it...9780 (est.) for $10 in the ATM? So it just depends on what the individual wants...$10 is $10 no matter how you spend it, as long as it still goes to EA. Our ATM money and our subscription money all go in the same 'till'.

I

imported_Founder

<blockquote><hr>

I mean if you think about it... having four accounts you can pizza w/ yourself and make no money... get your $500 a week per account, but in the long run, I think that using that 30 just to buy money would turn out to be more than it is with you having to multitask left and right, and making less money.

I have two accounts open currently. The reason it is two is because I had opened one for TC3 when it came, chances are I'm going to ffl that bizness... and maybe I'll start messing with the ATM's and seeking out fun shops.

There was one that I was shown in game that I wanted to explore more... very cool Asian decor.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing is wrong with 2 accounts, especially if there are multiple members of the family play. However, 4 accounts is way too much. Although from what I see, most players will reduce their amounts to 1 and 2 after amnesty and lava card games. So as of right now, they are at the mercy of Amnesty Program.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing is wrong with 2 accounts, especially if there are multiple members of the family play. However, 4 accounts is way too much. Although from what I see, most players will reduce their amounts to 1 and 2 after amnesty and lava card games. So as of right now, they are at the mercy of Amnesty Program.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think it's 'too much'? I personally couldn't care less if people have 20 accounts as long as they don't use them to cheat to gain an advantage on one of the 'top 100 lists' like hiding their 20 accounts (yes, paid even I think it's cheating) in their lot to gain padded VH, or purposely greenlinking all those sims to their 'main sim' to get them to the top of the top 100 list. Monetary advantages, doesn't really bother me because 'richest sim' is not a 'contest' within the game, so if one sim has a million simoleans and 20 others have 100,000 that one sim is not going to cause inflation to the economy all *that* much, which is the only reason at this point to care who has the most money....unless you can prove they are using bots to get that money, because at that point they are no longer PLAYING the game, they are letting it be played for them, and that is not right. If that person wanted to sit in front of their computer 20 hours a day and make those simoleans themselves with their own 4,8, 16, or 20 accounts then hey, more power to them and they deserve every simolean, but 3rd party bots are strictly against the ToS, and that makes that where the line is drawn for me.

G

I'm not anti. I have no plans to currently use them, but life changes. Maybe someday in the future, I'll want to.

And I agree with everyone who else about CC. If I could make beautiful custom content and have my own home little industry doing it, I would. I don't have those skills now - but maybe someday.

I try not to say never. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I try not to say never. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree wholeheartedly.....I've said "I'll never (fill in the blank" many times, and usually 50% of the time I end up doing what I said I'd never do, and then people never let you forget it as if you're compromising some deeply held conviction or soemthing. It's kinda like when you're a teenager and your parents come down hard on you for something and you say to yourself "Man, I'll never treat my children this way...tyrants!" and then 20 years goes by and one day you're lecturing and/or grounding your kid and all of a sudden you realize "Damn, I've turned into my mother/father"
LOL

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea Qute!

TTL

Um... I will use them. When I see something I want to buy. I know that when custom content clothing comes I will be all over them. I don't know. Maybe I'm an unprincipled heathen. But I don't see what the big deal is.

O, and if I lived in a high traffic lot I would definitely own one.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Dito"

A

Aelisa

I'll use an ATM to buy simoleans as soon as pigs start flying.

I

imported_Founder

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think it's 'too much'? I personally couldn't care less if people have 20 accounts as long as they don't use them to cheat to gain an advantage on one of the 'top 100 lists' like hiding their 20 accounts (yes, paid even I think it's cheating) in their lot to gain padded VH, or purposely greenlinking all those sims to their 'main sim' to get them to the top of the top 100 list. Monetary advantages, doesn't really bother me because 'richest sim' is not a 'contest' within the game, so if one sim has a million simoleans and 20 others have 100,000 that one sim is not going to cause inflation to the economy all *that* much, which is the only reason at this point to care who has the most money....unless you can prove they are using bots to get that money, because at that point they are no longer PLAYING the game, they are letting it be played for them, and that is not right. If that person wanted to sit in front of their computer 20 hours a day and make those simoleans themselves with their own 4,8, 16, or 20 accounts then hey, more power to them and they deserve every simolean, but 3rd party bots are strictly against the ToS, and that makes that where the line is drawn for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah more power to them. I just think that having 20 accounts just to get into TOP 10 is not efficient way to go, no matter what your tax bracket is in RL. I been #1 Store in AV 3 years ago and from what I remember, there is no golden pot at the end of the rainbow there. Therefore, I know that being #1 is not my life fulfillment. But hey, if they want it that badly, let them.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

*tosses a piece of pork in the air* Hey look! It's flying!

Does that count? hehe :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't waste food, there are avatars starving west of East Jerome

o... It sounded funny in my head.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't waste food, there are avatars starving west of East Jerome

o... It sounded funny in my head.

[/ QUOTE ]

i pizza-ed for 8 hours and bought $20 worth of simoleans for that virtual bacon! what a waste of good money. somebody call le.. o.

A

Aelisa

Hey, I live west of East Jerome... seriously!!

It's in Idaho

G

LOL Corp!

And who knew Aelisa...

I truly hope nobody is actually starving there.

food is delicious.

I

imported_corpatortis

You know, one day a pig will actually fly then all these people will have to eat their words.

That's why I don't base my decisions on probability rolls.

A

Aelisa

Well, if you're starving west of East Jerome, words may become quite tasty... along with taters and bacon of course!

G

<blockquote><hr>

You know, one day a pig will actually fly then all these people will have to eat their words.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha well when I saw that statement, I thought it would be funny if EA replaced and activated snowflake code to show pixilated pigs and sent a message of the day stating "Well, we expect our ATM's are going to be very popular today. Cheers, [MFS]"

This is why it is a good thing I don't code for EA-Land.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha well when I saw that statement, I thought it would be funny if EA replaced and activated snowflake code to show pixilated pigs and sent a message of the day stating "Well, we expect our ATM's are going to be very popular today. Cheers, [MFS]"

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao that would be a great idea.

when cash back is activated the ealand slogan should be changed to "we pay you good money"

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao that would be a great idea.

when cash back is activated the ealand slogan should be changed to "we pay you good money"

[/ QUOTE ]

oOo... yes! I think that would be a great slogan. I could see the debates then.

I really think this weekend I'm going to learn CC so I can take advantage of the ATM's fully when they do arrive.

I hope that person Thrill is not one of the people who hate me... I think I'll need their help.

I

imported_Qute Pi

<blockquote><hr>

Only if it sprouts wings

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh didn't you see the angel wings I attached to it first?

Ok Ok I'm done being a goof.

R

rieley

Maybe I'm an unprincipled heathen. But I don't see what the big deal is.

Maybe. But once on TV I saw an ATM take out the whole side of a building!! Of course it was tied to a truck with burglers driving it. Howdy there, I use it and ...eey dent no....bother me none the less if others do or not.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe I'm an unprincipled heathen. But I don't see what the big deal is.

Maybe. But once on TV I saw an ATM take out the whole side of a building!! Of course it was tied to a truck with burglers driving it. Howdy there, I use it and ...eey dent no....bother me none the less if others do or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha well rieley if you can CC us a truck, I wouldn't be anti heisting one... if you know what I mean.

*nudge*
*nudge*

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

I did once, and won't again because I had to wait over 24hrs to get my simoleans.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

I did once, and won't again because I had to wait over 24hrs to get my simoleans.

[/ QUOTE ]

but you got them.

earning them would have taken a lot longer.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Wow...I don't think waiting 24 hours is normal...I have heard you get it within 10-20 minutes.

I

imported_corpatortis

Yea I don't think it's intended either. But it's a fairly new installment so I expect a few cases of long waits to occur.

I was kind of reminded of the people in fast food lines. They wait for 20 minutes, get to the front of the line and complain about the wait. They have a big blow out and usually leave with no food. Now they have to wait longer.

It's pretty counterproductive to not buy more money because it takes too long.. when not buying it will take even longer.

K

krazykara

I won't be using them. I don't mind paying to play the game. Just can't see using rl money to buy fake money.

I

imported_corpatortis

<blockquote><hr>

I won't be using them. I don't mind paying to play the game. Just can't see using rl money to buy fake money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've said that before.

Boy was I wrong!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I've said that before.

Boy was I wrong!

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt. LOL. Now granted doing so means I won't have as many subscriptions to the game as I would have, so I'm still spending the same *amount* of money but money on pixels is money on pixels the way I look at it....as long as you're not delaying RL bills or hocking jewelry or accruing thousands of dollars in credit card debt, this is one of the most benign and inexpensive forms of unlimited entertainment there is....even when you factor in spending $10-$20 a month in the ATM. The way things are now 2 people can't even go to the movies ONE TIME for that.

I

imported_corpatortis

Well.. if you play a lot and use the cash back feature, you could probably pay off an account or two with it.. and still be making a profit. Depends what the exchange rate is and how much of a profit people want.

But if you factor in money pool caps.. then having multiple accounts to earn more money to sell back more money is logical, too.

So if you make $25 a month on one account and EA says k that's your limit for 30 days, you can take $10 of that to get another account.. and earn $25 more, while paying off the first one.

Math time, ready? *snickers*

Earn the $25 limit.
Pay off 1 account.
Profit is $15.
Buy another account.
Profit is $5.
Earn $25 more.
Profit is $30.

Then the next month you pay $20 but you earn $50.
Or if you buy 3 accounts you pay $30 but earn $75.

G

I would if it made sense to do so. So far it does not.

I am not opposed to spending additional real money, if it goes to people who have created value in the game. For example, if someone creates an interesting new object, I would be happy to put a few real bucks in their pocket to have one.

I refuse to be forced into paying for ordinary things in the game just because the economy is poorly designed. For example, if I am impoverished and restricted so the only way to do anything interesting is to pay substantial additional real money to the game, I won't be around to use an ATM.

In my view, the ATM mechanism is not the problem. If the economy worked properly, it would cause no harm if some players avoided spending time earning money by purchasing game money with real money. As long as subscribers who do not use the ATM are able to fully participate and achieve game goals in a reasonable way, that's OK with me.