• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ask the Diablo Devs

E

Eldorian

Much like the Wrath of the Lich King thread, I can also submit some questions on behalf of the players interested in Diablo 3 for an upcoming Blizzcast. If you have any Diablo 3 questions about things that have been seen in the gameplay video or talked in the WWI panels, feel free to ask them here and I'll get the list of questions shipped off to see if they'll get answered.

L

Lag

Whatre the classes going to be besides the berserker and witchdr?

lol...

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Will players be able to play the game offline like they did for Diablo II?

Will player be able to play through LAN as before?

Will there be a paid subscription to play online through their servers?

And I second the questions Lag has!

L

Lag

Didnt they say you could play offline at the Diablo 3 Q&A at the WWI?

E

Eldorian

Will players be able to play the game offline like they did for Diablo II?

Will player be able to play through LAN as before?

Will there be a paid subscription to play online through their servers?

And I second the questions Lag has!
On the first one, yes, they said that during a Q&A panel at WWI.

The other 2 won't get answered because they're not answering questions regarding features of battle.net yet.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I don't remember everthing from that Q&A...and the other two, the LAN wasn't a feature of Battlenet. It was like Tribes or any other one you hosted it on one box and everyone was able to play that was connected. We used to do it all the time hehe.

E

Eldorian

Good point on the 2nd one, I'll go ahead and get it submitted. I just know I had submitted some the other day about online and was pretty much told no on answering battle.net type questions.

Which bummed me out :(

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I also remember playing on our networks at home and saving the games and other fun stuff we did with the game which I'm sure wasn't totally kosher, but as it wasn't on battlenet, it didn't matter.

I guess another question to ask is will they have the 3 difficulty settings per before. Normal, Hell, Nightmare?

Who's the big baddie we're going after this time?

Are there any familar faces from the other two games, like Dekkard Caine (Sp?) or Wirt, that we will see in this game?

E

Eldorian

I know they're not releasing info yet on the story so won't be able to get an answer about who we'll be going after (they avoided this question several times at WWI).

Cairn is in the gameplay footage video...