• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ask the Devs?...NOT!!!!!

Z

Zig_Mythic

Along with the interviews and various posts made by the team, we've got a chat scheduled and I'm working to make the Ask A Dev forum a bit easier for answers to be provided.

Hang in there - things are looking up! :)

Z

Zig_Mythic

Well, I'm not Cal obviously but I am working on something similar to your idea. :) Nothing definite yet mind you - I want to make that clear - but I think we'll be able to get questions answered regularly.

C

Cal_Mythic

I wish, if Cal "the other Uriah" :p were to read this, that he would have assign each dev one day per week, to spend 30 mins of that day, answering what questions they could. One question per dev, one dev per day...
That would give us 5 a week, make most of us happy, and shouldn't stress the work schedules too much?

It would be a solid something we could count on ;)
Get outta my mind. And actually yeah, they have been duly reprimanded and chastened and called very not nice names :)

Also, some folks have PMed me (who shall remain nameles) ... and I asked them to post some of their questions to the Ask the Dev board ... so I'll be looking.

Also, as you've seen Zig is on top of a few things, and yes we're doing the HoC.

As for the all CAPS "Communicate with Us" ... ummm we have been doing a better job. And I'm hard of hearing anyway, so I've taken to putting my glasses on and reading more. :)

As far as stressing the work schedule ... it's what I do .. you can't stop me. I feed my ulcer daily, and it's quite happy :D

In all seriousness ... yes I've discussed the Ask the Devs with the team, and it's one of our focuses. However, Pub 65 has our priority right now ... and we think you'll appreciate the time we're giving that too.

- c

C

Cal_Mythic

OK, this thread has proven the theory of devolution. I am almost sorry I started it (I guess I let my sarcastic streak get the better of me in the OP / for that is what it was, not a rant or a rave, nor me intending to be meanspirited).

My point in this thread was simply to point out my perception of, and to ask for more, communication from the Devs.

This, to me, was the point of the "Ask the Devs" Forum. We ask, Devs answer.
To me, there seems to me to be a lack of the latter. Unfortunately, when a tool like the "Ask the Devs" Forum is not used, and people start feeling ingnored, they will ignore the tool itself. Soon, people will stop posting questions to that Forum, and, eventually, Petra will delete the entire Forum for lack of use.

I sincerely hope that Zig (with a little help from Cal (I feel for yah Zig, I know he is a Zoomie, but he can change :) ) will get the Ask the Devs Forum flowing with info.

Cal - please forgive my continued digs at you being a Zoomie, but it was ground into my personality for 4 years :) GO ARMY BEAT SOMEBODY......PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
LOL .. this has certainly been lively to watch. And I embrace my "Zoomieness" And to the point of full disclosure there is nothing like the Army v. Navy game. AF will never pull the crowds West Point and Annapolis does. I guess we'll just be responsible for Close Air Support and Air Superiority while Army actually gets the work done.

Your true message has been heard loud and clear, however. :thumbup1: