• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ashamed

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This evening, at the opening of the new fairgrounds, I found myself in a familiar, and regrettable situation.

We once again were witnesses to the low-life scum that manifests itself anytime there is an audience. The behavior by the two or three individuals at the event was just plain stupid. I don’t want to give them recognition which is all these immature players want anyway, but I want to acknowledge one thing. After recently being around one of these low-life's and seeing and hearing his attitude towards the game, his friends, and his enemies, I can only assume that he is so miserable in real life that he has to bring others down in our game that we enjoy....

I absolutely think these kinds of acts will be the cause of this game's demise, long after any fixes are put in to correct game problems/hacks/dupes/graphics etc.

All I wanted to happen was for them to be banned, silenced, jailed ANYTHING to end their pitiful display. They care so little about what happens to themselves, even a DEV isn’t a deterrent for their idiotic antics.

Unfortunately, I can't offer any kind of compromise to people like this, people that aren't in it for anything but the childish notoriety of being the jerk-offs that they are and I only can say that I feel sorry for them, in game and in real life.

D

DPudding

Narcissistic Personality Disorder

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:[1]

1. Has a grandiose sense of self-importance
2. Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty or ideal love (megalomania)
3. Believes they are "special" and can only be understood by, or should associate with, people (or institutions) who are also "special" or of high status
4. Requires excessive admiration
5. Has a sense of entitlement
6. Is interpersonally exploitative
7. Lacks empathy
8. Is often envious of others or believes others are envious of him or her
9. Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure those people are why they created the ignore list.

That silences them pretty well.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put at least 3 people on my list and i'm pretty sure 2 more that were spamming spells in D|R because I didn't feel like reading through the 'An Mani's
no offense D|R but some of your people can't seem to stop casting even for an event.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There isn't a guild out there who doesn't have people who have keys attached to a-z/1-0.

So no fair just singling out D|R.

In fact, I have people in my own guild on ignore because I can't stand the spell-spam when they try to talk (remember that alliance members if I seem to be ignoring you, just ask someone to have me remove you from my ignore list).

And I add at least a dozen people to my list in EVERY event. I try to take out the people I don't expect to see again later, but that takes time and is dull.

C

CatLord

We started a thread where we list everyone that:
- immature players that ruin the events.
- greedy players that join other guilds to kill them and steal uninsured items.
- known griefers that will pull spawn on you (Trammel/Tokuno/Ilshenar).
- Thieves that join the Catskills guilds just to grief them.

Every major Alliance GM was invited to post and weekly reports are delivered.
Our shadows have been busy with the Tokuno Scripters but they too have received this list.

Goal:
- Every action has a consequence...
- Show who is joining other guilds and pking their members...
- Have a nice scum list...

We are not enforcing anything... we're defending ourselves.

C

CatLord

Pvpers have better uses for their keys than typing and chatting.
So dont target D|R...

T

TheGrayGhost

The Last EM event I went to was like this which is why I am fairly certain I won't go to another. I appreciate what the EM's are trying to do, but if they allow behavior such as this to go on unpunished at the Events I can't really see a reason to participate. The items given out aren't overly great most of the time, the fun and the story as well as the event are supposed to be the reward. To be bombarded by stupidity while trying to enjoy the Event just isn't worth it. There's always new idiots ready to take over for the ones you just added to ignore so adding them to the ignore isn't a practical answer in my book either.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The spells you saw casted on my guild's side were because they were trying to respond to the event's characters and had macros attached to their keys. I'm not going to ask them to either wipe their macros or just not participate, that seems silly. We stayed away from the stage, so it wasn't blocking anyone's view.

I approached the stage only when Robert called upon us to volunteer so that I could offer our guild's assistance...and my guild stayed where they were.

I agree that the behavior was sickening and very sad. Cern said they themselves do not have the ability to squelch or freeze those that don't behave, which is probably why Mesanna had to step in. It's terrible that, having been deprived of events for so long, people behave this way once we have them again.

There's nothing we can do, though, and if we simply stop showing up that would discourage them from having events at all.

Also, ignore is useless in these cases when people are blatantly stripped, making inappropriate motions and running around.

C

CatLord

We could always have them in Felluca... last time it worked better than this one.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We could always have them in Felluca... last time it worked better than this one.
That's when they show up on their main characters, kill everyone there and laugh.

I think that the EMs need to be able to take action themselves.

B

Beleg Megil

A GM in attendance that will actually do something before the event is near over would be good. EMs having ability to send a character to GM jail until a GM can speak to them would be better.

C

CatLord

That's when they show up on their main characters, kill everyone there and laugh.

They tried that and blew up...
Honestly... the Clainin event was smooth.

I agree... our EMs work so hard. For what?

PS: Your book was scary, Beleg!

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

You would think that even if some people didn't like 'trammie' events, they would realize that without 'trammies', this game would start to fall apart and thus leave them gameless. These events inspire hope for the continuation of our game, and ruining them with childish antics is going to hurt not just us, but them as well.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First off I wasn't targeting D|R I was stating that I had put two on my list because the spamming of words of power. As for the excuse they were talking I'm not sure I know of any words with the same letter ten times in a row and if they have Harm "An Mani" on more than one key they could probably afford to get rid of a few. I'm just saying don't make me out to be the bad guy they were spamming one spell.

You could always use combined bindings like I do. Twelve of my letters (The left side of my keyboard.) have spells and I never utter a word of power when typing a sentence.

Oh and before you say they were typing so fast that it only hit when they typed that letter the probability of that is over a thousand to one.

Also I use journal to read for events because of the people who can't seem to shut up that are near the EM or Speaker and spells drive up my journal.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

"They" didn't try *I* did, (and succeeded several times) and I wasn't even at the event yesterday. Watch what rumors you start spreading about people Pitr till you are sure who the hell you are even talking about.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A very simple, and not too well-known, solution to hot keyed spell-casting macros getting spammed is to simply put the spellbook (be it magery, necro, etc.) into a bag or pack within your backpack. Just remember to put your book back into your main pack before you try to cast a spell.

I was impressed with the behavior and show the D|R guild team put on. The drill team precision movements and staying in rank formation was a sight to behold.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The EM's do one HELL of a job..... but get NO SUPPORT whatsoever by the GM's. EA totally left Catskills, and their own EM's hanging out to dry. How sad is it that the EM's couldn't even find a GM during a major event. I am sorry EA, but you blatently have shown us where your heads were last night. Note: Again, not reffering to EM's, they did a remarkable job.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

"They" didn't try *I* did, (and succeeded several times) and I wasn't even at the event yesterday. Watch what rumors you start spreading about people Pitr till you are sure who the hell you are even talking about.
TBH, I have no clue what either of you are talking about. But if you two have a prob w/ each other, Resolve it in ICQ or something!

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The EM's do one HELL of a job..... but get NO SUPPORT whatsoever by the GM's. EA totally left Catskills, and their own EM's hanging out to dry. How sad is it that the EM's couldn't even find a GM during a major event. I am sorry EA, but you blatently have shown us where your heads were last night. Note: Again, not reffering to EM's, they did a remarkable job.

this coming from the person who cheated during the event who got on his mount and then tried to lag up the leaders in the race.....................So much for guild of honor .............

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL please see the fairground race thread Miss Genius.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It'd be nice if for once this petty guild bickering could be set aside and not allowed to derail another thread into a flame war.

C

CatLord

To make this clear...

At the shadowlord event, Melissa killed everyone that tried/suceed to kill other players... making everyone behave nicely until the end of it.

The Stratics Reporter was there... he saw it like everyone else.
(he even got one of the books, EBIL elf/vampire?)

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Let me step back in here:

"In Mani" is the spell that you see most often over ppl's heads and it is not Harm, it is a mini heal and YES it usually is on a very accessible key for PVPers.

I am a member of Dark Revelations and can tell you that we all are sick of the behavior and stood back from the front just as Calina, our guild's founder, stated in a previous post. We understand that NONE of the events are "read and respond" that any question asked is rhetorical and there is NO real reason to say anything at all....

Our responses, if any are said, won't make a difference in a story line that has most certainly been pre-written and all the spamming is simply for the egotistical reason of trying to stand out OR be funny.....

Any "words of power" that you saw over our heads was ppl talking in guild chat and not once that I remember did any of our members spam anything other than Calina volunteering our guild to fight in the Royal Guard.

I appreciate the support of my fellow Catskillians and understand how hard it is to stay ON TOPIC, but this is a serious issue to me and something that I desperately would like to see a solution for

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's easy ways around avoiding spell spam. If it's bound to a simple single letter key, toggle/untoggle caps lock and hold shift when you type. Oh snap.

I GUARANTEE I have more hotkeys set than any player on Catskills, and I have no problem whatsoever w/ "spell spam". It's just poor key placement. But then again, some people don't care or fail to grasp concepts like that when creating keysets.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've removed a few posts from this thread that were in no way relevant to the topic at hand. Do not repost what I removed, and keep to what's being discussed. If you feel the need to discuss the 'he did this, she did that' nonsense take it elsewhere.

C

CatLord

Mesanna took some players to visit the GMs.

The EMs worked very hard on this plot line and Catskills is several weeks ahead of most shards... with Casca being more and more sided with Evil...

Our ignore list is increasing... still it was sad to see three characters ruin some of the fun...

On the bright side... we have 15 days to make things right.

Cya in 45 minutes for the Archery Tournament!
Good Luck!

C

CatLord

After last night... you can move this thread to old news.

The Ems and Mesanna, the community and the idiots learnt the lesson...

- all is in our hands (actually in the big ban stick)

Thank you for the fun...