• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Artisan Festival

would you like to see the Artisan Festival continue in 2024 with new rewards?

• yes

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • no

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • doesn't apply to me

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
people have made comments about not doing the festival now because they are under the impression that it will continue in 2024. the current collections are complete this year. So I'm wondering what everyone thinks... are you tired of doing so many bank points for the trees or would you like it to continue?

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
There needs to be a crafting event and a general reason to participate. The current Christmas theming of naughty and nice fits well, but as you indicate it has run it's course.

What I would like to see is less penalty on the bank value of smalls, particularly smalls with no large bod. We all know the problems associated with obtaining large bods and the bank penalty is nothing less than a slap in the face adding insult to injury.

I think the current VvV rewards should be moved to a redemption system like the huntsman and any further rewards result in a prize ticket that can either be exchanged for a reward point or used for a random pull of any new rewards.

As far as new rewards go... Themed carpet tiles? Banners or flags? Themed garland along the lines of the firefly variety? Lots of options to be honest and many of them shouldn't require much more than some copypasta and rescaling.

Just my .02$

Lieutenant Dan!

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If they ever stop doing these events with rewards that are recycled from previous events is when I will start doing them again.
Artisan, Krampus, trick or treating ect ect....

Naitch

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Awards
maybe add an option to let you select rewards from a menu? everyone is not an addict who dedicates hours and hours to these games to get all the "new stuff' , especially at Christmas time...

also the new login restrictions for EJ is so ridiculous. I gave up on running the usual 50+ toons through it after client crashes switching out.

and they really need to consider letting all the trees grow at one time. just start them up on Dec. 1st and let it go for 30 days.

Corwyn

Lake Superior Tabloid Journalist
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I enjoy doing the artisan festival. I'd love to see it continue.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
While I think the artisan festival is a nice change of pace for those that like to craft, I think it's unfortunately something the Dev team has gone to the well too many times for (especially since it takes a ton of effort). It has helped allow the Dev team to be unoriginal on their content for the past 5+ years now and for that reason I think it should not continue in 2024 so that they need to rethink something fresh to do for the holidays.

It's actually the same thing for Krampus. I've done maybe 3 Krampus runs this year (and only a few last year) because it's boring with mainly the same old rewards (I have gotten probably over 100 titles through the years). Similar to the jade blob reward from the ToT, this use of this year's new rewards are a bit dependent on your home (a snow covered lantern / Xmas pillows).

A second option would be to run both events next year but change up the completely random drops to a menu to allow people to narrow down rewards. While I do think people should be able to guide the rewards they get, I do not think it should be like the Blackthorns or ToT where players pick exactly what they want because then some people would stop doing it after 2-3 runs. My thought is that the menu would work just like the anniversary token menus where players can narrow rewards down by year. So the options would be something like "year 1" or "year 2" and from there you would be given a random reward. If someone were to pick "year 5" they would only be getting whatever the new items are but it's still random in that they might still need to do the event 5-10 times depending on what they want and how many.