• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Arms Lore?

W

Wyldfyre

Does arms lore do anything for your armor when crafting it?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
+1 extra random resist on Exceptional pieces for every 20 points of Arms lore (+5 at Grandmaster)

Zy'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you train Arms Lore nowadays, do u need a million different targets or can you use just one?

B

burnttrees

unless uo's sight is wrong here on arms lore

Benefits
When a weapon is exceptionally crafted, the damage increase modifier will increase by 1% per 20 points of Arms Lore.

When a piece of armor (not including shields) is exceptionally crafted, it will receive a resist bonus based on the crafter’s Arms Lore skill. For every 20 points of Arms Lore, one resist normally available on that piece of armor will be raised by 1, for a total possible bonus of 5 distributed randomly.

Example: at GM Arms Lore, the total resist bonus is +5%. One resist could receive the full +5% bonus. Alternatively, one resist could receive +2%, and three other resists could receive +1%, for the total of +5%.
thats what your looking for.

also not sure about the just use arms lore technique but you can raise it by passive means just making stuff

edit: after i reread the uo sight i realized i may have misread it thinking it was percent but now i am unsure and confused as the statement about siege listed below and the one above say slightly different things

Special Note: Siege Perilous Rulesets Only
The bonus to resists for exceptional armor creation on Siege Perilous and Mugen is 1% for every 12.5 points of Arms Lore. The maximum bonus is 8% bonus resists at Grandmaster Arms Lore.
so now I have a question is it 5 points or 5% added by arms lore to armor (i am hoping its %)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
5 points = 5 % (or more accurately, 5 percentage points)

All resists are percentages. Most people just don't think of them that way).

For example, if an item should normally 11%/6%/7%/13%/12%, the 5 percentage points will be spread out at random added to those percentage values.

P.S. If you look at the newest version of the Smith FAQ, you'll see that it is given in points, to remove the confusion of referring to it as "percentages" (I made that change when I added the arms lore section back in April - about forgot that I had).

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Can someone on SP confirm the Arms Lore Bonus differences?

Is the 1-8 (instead of 1-5) bonus to Armor only, or do you get the higher rate to weapons as well?

I want to make sure that the arms lore sections of the Smith FAQ are correct.