• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Armor question

B

Banner

Could someone tell me what is the setup for armor to be 70 resist?? I know that there is several types of armor that you could put together to make the 70 but what do most of you use? And is it possible for a Blacksmith at say Elder to make a suite of 70 resist?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Could someone tell me what is the setup for armor to be 70 resist?? I know that there is several types of armor that you could put together to make the 70 but what do most of you use? And is it possible for a Blacksmith at say Elder to make a suite of 70 resist?
yes it is possible to make a all 70 suit at that level actually you need to average 58.33 resist per piece and for 6 pieces the hard part is getting all the other mods you need

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Buy a few horned kits and you'll be set. I don't even bother burning barbed anymore. I get 2x as many charges and a good chance at 4 mods for 1/6th the cost.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just remember that not counting your ring and bracelet, you need an average of 61 points of total resists (the sum of the five sorts of resists on a piece) to have a suit with maximum resists AND is corpse-skin proof (thus 75 points of energy for the elves and 80 points of fire resist).

With Legendary tailoring and GM arms lore plus barbed leather, you get 38 points of resists, so you only have to make up an average of 23 points of resists per piece. That's only 2 extra properties if they are at-or-near max intensity.

But you'll still need to add in extra resists to compensate for the pieces which are mandatory for a suit (using DCI as an example) but have pitiful resists, such as the fey leggings (50 total resist), Heart of the Lion (55 total resist) or armor of fortune (16! total resists)

For the gold, as Lynk said, horned kits are your best bet to fill out a suit.

B

Brian Bóruma

I run the darkwood armor set on my Legendary archer. Seems to work pretty good. It has DCI all 70's 75 to enegery and nice mods to HP's and STR.

I am sure I could find or make something better but for the cost and ease of use IMO if your an elf the Darkwood armor set is quite spiffy for dexers.