• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Armor For my vampire

JediSith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Guys :grouphug:,

I was wondering if i could get some help with what type of armor i should get/make for my Samipre.

Mace & Shield - Currently donating to get one.
RBC
Fey Leggings
Jackal's Collar
Quiver of infitiy
cloak of death - is this the best for this template?
Conjurer's trinket
Snake skin boots

I was hinking of crafting using a bard runic kit some gloves/sleeves, what would be better studded or normal leather???

Or any additional armor template adive would be great...

:gee:

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
For the runic pieces, use leather armor and have a buddy imbue the mods you need. Rest of the pieces you mentioned sound fine. Don't forget that you need extra fire resist to make up for vamp form. Also, you'll want max dci, some lrc, and some mr.

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is my suite atm and the two wepons i use most [untill i think of something else to better it :D]

Thunderz

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Mother of God, lol. Absolutely amazing. Some of those pieces are too expensive for me, but it's a damn good suit.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thunderz -- That turquoise ring is a beauty... you must have used up all of the Turquoise in Sosaria to make one with the right mods to imbue and not have any waste!

To the OP, Thunderz suit is an excellent example of what you can do eventually. I would start with the following plan:

- Max your resists 70/70/70/70/75 (if elf) with vamp form on
- Max your DCI at 45
- Get your total Stamina above 150 (as high as possible)

I recommend the Fey Leggings (20 DCI), Quiver of Infinity (5 DCI), and then 20 DCI more from your ring/brace combo. Push your Dex to 150 (125 from base stats and then +25 from items). An artificer can make you a solid suit for you if you can provide lots of POF. That's way cheaper to start than buying all of these arties. You can upgrade to that in the future.

-OBSIDIAN-

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Iv made about 15 of those rings so far that have only ssi/hci/dci/di/dex i usually get 1 in every 500 gems.
I just burned another 1k of gems today i picked up in luna for 15mill and i got another 2 [one ssi/di, one ssi/dex] and 2 with just ssi/pots. They sell well in luna for 20mill each so it covers the cost of the 3 iv kept for myself ;) [even the crappy ones sell well at 500k each]

Thunderz

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That suit is pretty good for the basic sampire. Ive been struggling with being able to fit in stats and resists. Ideally id like fc fcr, as well as mana regen and lowermana cost, but i guess you don't need it for a pure "run up and smash" sampire. Is your healing ok with no fcr or ep? I use my sampire alot for varied fights, but maybe im just trying to fit too much in?

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That suit is pretty good for the basic sampire. Ive been struggling with being able to fit in stats and resists. Ideally id like fc fcr, as well as mana regen and lowermana cost, but i guess you don't need it for a pure "run up and smash" sampire. Is your healing ok with no fcr or ep? I use my sampire alot for varied fights, but maybe im just trying to fit too much in?
The only spell i cast is EoO so fc/fcr is worthless. Lmc and mr again dont need as with 60 hml and 72 base mana i never run out.

I heal fine with just vamp form or if i need it ill run with SS and Cw, if i have trouble casting cw i hit evade.

No need for ep i dont need to use pots only thing i would is for heal and refresh [but i generally use balms instead], when ill use a 1 handed and thats very rarely as the leeches from ornate are enough. With so much stamina and ssi i can happily smash anything with an ornate or daisho and get plent of health/stamina/mana back pretty much swining at max.

I did try with fc and ep for a bit but wasnt worth it as it made more sense to put the extra slots into stats.

Thunderz

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thunderz that's an amazing suit. I know you had a lot of persistence and patience to make it too. :bowdown:

S

Stupid Miner

... you don't know how refreshing it is to see "Vampire" spelled without an 's' every once in a while.

back on topic:
RBC
Jackal's Collar
These two pieces don't mesh. RBC is completely geared toward Mana/Mana Regen, and Jackal's Collar makes your Mana Regen terrible.
Basically the Collar cancels out the RBC.
Swap out one or the other.

JediSith

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is barb kit - leather armour enchanced with barbed best or is woodland armour better for an elf??

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is barb kit - leather armour enchanced with barbed best or is woodland armour better for an elf??
I went with wood as you can get the extra hci and di on it freeing up mod slots on other items, especially if you imbue it to max and then enhance with heartwood it means your getting them as extras [apart from the cost!!]

Thunderz

B

BeefSupreme

I went with a completely imbued suit + imbued bracelet and turq ring and cinture after having a mix between runic and artifacts.
never looked back. 191 stamina, 134hp 40lmc, Buch of mana regen (can't remember how much off hand) I could do a little better with HPs if I redo one of my leather peices.

LMC is basically for the only problem with mana I ever have and thats mana drains. Barely skip a beat with it now.

J

[JD]

... you don't know how refreshing it is to see "Vampire" spelled without an 's' every once in a while.

back on topic:

These two pieces don't mesh. RBC is completely geared toward Mana/Mana Regen, and Jackal's Collar makes your Mana Regen terrible.
Basically the Collar cancels out the RBC.
Swap out one or the other.
I would ditch the RBC if you need the dex from the Jackal Collar.. here is my reasoning

Sampires don't need mana regen or meditation - they get mana through Hit Mana Leech.

Therefore the Mana Regen is useless, and the resists are horrid - 3 are low, and 2 are very commonly found on artifacts.

Meanwhile the "good" things for sampire are the 15 LMC and 10 Mana. You can do those with only 3 imbue slots... 7 LMC, 7 LMC, 8 Mana and come pretty close.

RBG seems mostly wasted on a Sampire.

Plus you will want the insane legs of the tinker eventually, which are plate and will also kill meditation.

Decision: Go jackal's collar and use Wood armor if you are an elf or you're in faction and have the earring which allows humans to wear elf armor.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thunderz -- I took a look at your suit picture and realized Lord Orion is your mule. I'm actually sporting one of your rings as a primary part of my suit. :) It's got 1 SDI on it so I am only getting 4 worthwhile mods, but it is great. I picked it up for 500K and then imbued. I'm currently using:

5 SSI
14 Fire Resist
8 Dex
15 DCI
1 SDI (throw away - it was on the ring)

It's too bad I can't remove the SSI as I would replace with HCI or Strength.

-OBSIDIAN-

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep thats me.

Glad your happy with it :)

I aim to provide items for everyone, ofc its not a 20mill "perfect one" but there still good for people as some only have 1 not so good mod :D

If you want the L33t ones [or items] there on the vendor next to it dressed the same [have just started stocking him with woodland armour like mine aswell, when i get enough materials to make them] ;)

Also the vendor house down west [vendor in blue named runic and imbued] has all the armour i make thats not "uber" but still nice for 500k-1mill like the rings.

If you want to request anything just shoot me a PM, i can pretty much make anything.

Thanks

Thunderz

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Could you put up a better resolution picture, I can't make out the writing on this.
I would if i knew how. lol! cant you click on the image and it become bigger? it works on all my computers and makes it possible the read?

Thunderz

Lord Chaos

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can barely make it out.

How exactly did he get gorgon lens on the gorget and mace&shield glasses?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Holy **** Thunderz.

If I ever get an obscene amount of money I am copying that suit.

S

Stupid Miner

... A poor man's version of Thunderz stats:

Ecru Citrine ring and Str/Dex pots:
+31 Str +31 Dex, lasts for 187 seconds (3 mins)
(elf is +30 each and 180 seconds)

added benefit of stronger heal pots too.

and actually, Thunderz, you could use the pots anyway (w/o ecru ring) to counter Curse effects

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
... A poor man's version of Thunderz stats:

Ecru Citrine ring and Str/Dex pots:
+31 Str +31 Dex, lasts for 187 seconds (3 mins)
(elf is +30 each and 180 seconds)

added benefit of stronger heal pots too.

and actually, Thunderz, you could use the pots anyway (w/o ecru ring) to counter Curse effects
I do still stick my 50ep ring on and neck a pot every 3 mins when im up against dreadhorn for instance, or any mob thats gona steal my precious hp and dex :)

The main reason iv spent SO much making this suite is the digs im living in atm has a really bad connection so i usually get DC'd every 10 minutes. But now :) its not an issue as i dont "need" to cast or do anything i can roll into a pereless get dc'd for 10 minutes, log back in and be stairing at a dead corpse [not mine anymore :D] and get the goodies!

Plus i can do it with an ornate as i dont need to be 1 handed anymore as im usually disconnect anyways lol!

Thunderz

jojo_la

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm afraid to even ask how many ingredients you burned through first imbuing, powdering, and then enhancing said items.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First want to just say thanks for this post, its been great help with my sampire. Although i hate the idea of him being an elf, i might just have to break down and do it, because sadly humans seem to be the weakest race for this template / armor available with it.

Just one major question, how do you live through Navery Webs or paralyze? I've become a huge fan of damage eaters for these situations ( incorporated Basilik hide breastplate and of course ranger cloak into my gear) But still die once in a while. Honestly, tho i'm sure its true, i cant imagine soloing a peerless without using confidence or evasion, despite my suit having 145 hp and 170s stam. Haven't considered the balms tho, thanks for bringing them up, i never really looked into them. Thanks again for this post in general.