arg i dont get it. Grizzle

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 17, 2009
i soloed monstrous interred grizzle on the first try with greater dragon + discord. and was able to keep my dragon up the entire time with vet. There were a couple of points where grizzle did a ton of damage and my dragon dropped to about 30% HP but the damage dump eventually stopped and it wasn't anything that couldn't be healed through.

But when i went in again on my second try everything went fine for about 6 min and suddenly my dragon's hp just started going all the way down and i could not heal through the damage.

I thought that i did something wrong so I got keys again and went in a third time, same thing. Everything went fine for a few minutes and then the damage spike came in and i could not heal through it unlike the first time.

So essentially dragon was fine first time and grizzle was successfully soloed, but died 2nd and 3rd tries. I did nothing different.

Anyone got any idea why this happened? (no i did not forget to discord)

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 14, 2008
you got lucky the first time and your pet didn't end up standing in the OOZE.

:gee:

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 17, 2009
is there a spot where the ooze doesn't spawn?

or am i supposed to move my pet when the ooze appears on the ground

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 21, 2008
It's hard to heal through the acid, but it's possible.

I have a 7/12 casting suit that I wear just for grizzle, which allows me to cast at a 2/6 rate (or close enough). With that and vetting, you can heal through the acid stuff.

As far as the 'safe' spot.... last time I offered advice on something like that I got a warning (an obvious way to avoid vendor penalties that I had posted at least a dozen times before, but evidently, no one paid attention to the first 11 times...)... so, feel free to PM me.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
Cats/Europa
You are X
Grizzle is G
Ooze is O
Your Pet is P

OOO
GPOX
OOO

It works from every angle, your pet (dragon or hiryu) attacks grizzle and you stand two tiles away from your pet.

You can always heal through one acid pool, but when multiple pools are on top of your pet, either you have to be a great healer or move your pet (two tiles away will do).

the 7/12 suit is a great idea too. I never used one, but it's still a great idea.