• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are there missing treasure map locations in the Stratics Treasure Locator?

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there:

There seem to be missing locations in the stratics treasure map locator. I've tried several computers on my end so that doesn't seem to be the problem. Is there somewhere else I could try that has a more complete set of locations? The place I used to use doesn't work any more. It was great. It started out asking if it was on an island or the mainland.

Thanks in advance

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Are you looking for treasure chests or turkey nests?

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you looking for treasure chests or turkey nests?
Well, im actually looking for turkey nests. I know the map locations and the nests are different, but I can tell where the nest is from the maps. First, we noticed there were a bunch of places on the interactive map that wouldn't light up. Then, we checked the numbers of all the ones that would light up. There were a lot of them missing. I've got some nest maps with locations that I just can't find at all. I also had one on atlantic where the map and automap location were correct, but the actual topography of atlantic was completely different. We found it anyway.

B

Brucie Kibbutz

I have used this thing for years, literally as far back as I can remember being a treasure hunter (at least Pre-AOS). I have used it before they changed it over to it's current design and have done thousands of maps for friends and myself.

There are no missing spots, find me a treasure map that is missing and I will bow to your greatness. I have never once found a missing spot.

Parts of the map don't light up because there are no treasure chests in those areas at all, so why bother making them clickable?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hi there:

There seem to be missing locations in the stratics treasure map locator. I've tried several computers on my end so that doesn't seem to be the problem. Is there somewhere else I could try that has a more complete set of locations? The place I used to use doesn't work any more. It was great. It started out asking if it was on an island or the mainland.

Thanks in advance
There's your problem, right there....

The place you refer to that asks "island or mainland" uses the "Goodman's" numbering system.

The Stratics locator uses the "THB" numbering system.

With the exception of Ocarina & Blanche islands, the two numbering systems aren't even remotely close to each other, number-wise, for which map is which number (and even those islands have similar numbers only by chance, and no spot is the same number in both).

Goodman (RIP) numbered maps 1-201, starting with islands, with one number an early accidental duplicate and deleted. 10 of the maps are Ocllo only (or their corresponding Youthful maps for "Young" characters in Haven, from the old quests, some of which cannot be completed due to the change in Haven landmass).

THB numbers maps 1-200, with maps 191-200 being the Ocllo/Haven maps. The numbering system breaks down the map into regions, north to south, and east to west (though the numbers can get a little scrambled in a region, as they are in the order that they were confirmed within the area).

The current THB locations are probably the most accurate, as they were tested and reconfirmed about 3-4 years ago, and while an attempt was made to do the same simultaneously for the Goodman's system, the people maintaining those sites didn't adopt our site refining data, as far as we could tell. Also, depending on the shard, rune libraries may or may not be up to date. For example, I updated the THB system books for Trammel at the THB guildhouse on Lake Austin, but did not update the Fel Books, nor the Goodman's books.

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's your problem, right there....

The place you refer to that asks "island or mainland" uses the "Goodman's" numbering system.

The Stratics locator uses the "THB" numbering system.

With the exception of Ocarina & Blanche islands, the two numbering systems aren't even remotely close to each other, number-wise, for which map is which number (and even those islands have similar numbers only by chance, and no spot is the same number in both).

Goodman (RIP) numbered maps 1-201, starting with islands, with one number an early accidental duplicate and deleted. 10 of the maps are Ocllo only (or their corresponding Youthful maps for "Young" characters in Haven, from the old quests, some of which cannot be completed due to the change in Haven landmass).

THB numbers maps 1-200, with maps 191-200 being the Ocllo/Haven maps. The numbering system breaks down the map into regions, north to south, and east to west (though the numbers can get a little scrambled in a region, as they are in the order that they were confirmed within the area).

The current THB locations are probably the most accurate, as they were tested and reconfirmed about 3-4 years ago, and while an attempt was made to do the same simultaneously for the Goodman's system, the people maintaining those sites didn't adopt our site refining data, as far as we could tell. Also, depending on the shard, rune libraries may or may not be up to date. For example, I updated the THB system books for Trammel at the THB guildhouse on Lake Austin, but did not update the Fel Books, nor the Goodman's books.
tyvm

I appreciate you taking the time to explain it to us. I didn't think something like that map would be incomplete, but I just had no idea why it was working the way it was.

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have used this thing for years, literally as far back as I can remember being a treasure hunter (at least Pre-AOS). I have used it before they changed it over to it's current design and have done thousands of maps for friends and myself.

There are no missing spots, find me a treasure map that is missing and I will bow to your greatness. I have never once found a missing spot.

Parts of the map don't light up because there are no treasure chests in those areas at all, so why bother making them clickable?
We just didn't understand why there were such large gaps in the numbering system. We already understood there might not be any maps in those locations, even though that seems sort of odd. I'm never looking for bowing to my greatness, how could a person be great from playing a video game?

hakeem

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the sight you were using is goodman.com

It still works for me. And as far as I can tell, it's spots are pretty accurate. Just ran 54 maps tonight using it.