• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are there any problems with the storage crate?

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I bought my house customized by the previous owner. I thought he had done a pretty good job, better than I could have I think. Now after living in it a few months I see some(a few) things I would like to change. I thought I had read back somewhere that there was a problem with items being moved to the storage crate while in the customization mode?
Would I be better off to load as much as I can on beetles while I do the change?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If items are occupying the same space, then customization mode will bump them into the moving crate. This can happen when doing elaborate designs where you may place an object higher, add a wall or something in customization mode, then lower the item to occupy the same tile as the wall. I frequently do this to place flowers or vines in some tricky spots on east/south walls

The two items can exist fine so long as you don't go into customization mode. If I have to go into customize my houses it's a huge pain as I have to raise everything out of the way using a deco tool first otherwise the stuff goes into the crate.

Not sure why you would put anything on your beetle first - either way you have to redecorate when you come out of customize mode and it's easier to just pull it from the crate. Certain things like placed addons that act as containers will turn into barrels in your crate, but just double click them to place again. I've never "lost" anything while in customize mode unless it's not locked down in which case it kicks the items under the house sign.

Last edited:

Duncan McDermott

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I was just thinking of loading everything I could on beetles to avoid items going to the storage crate in case there were problems of items disappearing in there. If that isn't necessary thats great.

If I go into the customization menu will my house revert to a plot? I really just wanted to change a few things right now.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I go into the customization menu will my house revert to a plot? I really just wanted to change a few things right now.
No, customization just takes you into the current version of your house without the items (don't panic, the items are there, they just become invisible in that mode). So all you will see are the walls, etc. that were built in that mode. Just beware, if the previous owner did some really significant deco manipulation you could end up with a lot of stuff in the crate. I made a home awhile back and I don't ever go into customize mode because I know how much work will have to be redone..