• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Are Ilshenar Paragon Artifacts Drops Broke or Turned off?

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok i wonder if Ilshenar Paragon Artifacts Drops Are Broken or Nurfed of late?

Over the last say 5 days i have hunts exculsively for paragons,(The pretty gold Ones).
I have 40 luck all the time and over 700 when i hit a Luck Statue & I have randomized using it.
I have easily Killed lets call it 60 or more paragons in the last 5 days.
I have hunted various thing to include Spyder Folk,Pixies,Shadow Wisps,Skeletons,Deamons,
blood Elms, and a few others. a nice good mix.
I recived something in the line of 20-30 Chololate Makeing items
And about roughly a dozen chests.
I figured i would have gotten at least 1 Artifact by now.
Thoughts?
Thanks
Lord Sir Scott

Falseprophet

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
not sure if there's a problem ,but i did get the harp (repond/reptile slayer i believe), off of a paragon wisp near the lord oakes spawn yesterday. and I had only been roaming for about 15 mins. all over Ilsh. killing random paragons I ran across.

C

Connor_Graham

Ok i wonder if Ilshenar Paragon Artifacts Drops Are Broken or Nurfed of late?

Over the last say 5 days i have hunts exculsively for paragons,(The pretty gold Ones).
I have 40 luck all the time and over 700 when i hit a Luck Statue & I have randomized using it.
I have easily Killed lets call it 60 or more paragons in the last 5 days.
I have hunted various thing to include Spyder Folk,Pixies,Shadow Wisps,Skeletons,Deamons,
blood Elms, and a few others. a nice good mix.
I recived something in the line of 20-30 Chololate Makeing items
And about roughly a dozen chests.
I figured i would have gotten at least 1 Artifact by now.
Thoughts?
Thanks
Lord Sir Scott
Stick with the Blood Eles and higher. The more powerful the monster, the better it's chances of dropping an artie are. Spiders, Wisps, Pixies and Skeletons are all WAY down the food chain and have a very small chance of dropping one. There's a paragon calculator on the main Stratics site in the Hunter's Guide. You should take a look and see what interests you with the higher end stuff.

J

jelinidas

I went out this morning killing Titans for seeds and got 1 artie off a paragon. Killed a few dozen I guess,

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess it is my general luck lol, i been mostly on deamons and bloods then run about for a few lowers, i have gotten them off low ends.
Maybe i need to go camp a tropical Bird Spawn hahah.
Continues the Quest!

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A Few = roughly 6
A Dozen = 12
A Few + A Dozen = roughly 72

Heads off to find his Repond Slayer Spellbook
Now a person would think that after killing 72 of these
More then 1 Paragon would spawn.
I am starting to think they should make the paragon Arti System like the anti-V one and then make a gold Paragon Boost The Points Rather then Be the only way to get one. Allthough they are artifacts after all hehe..

A

Arch Magus

OP

Are you a tamer?
I have heard of tamer's pets holding onto the artifacts.
I guess there is a command to get the pet to drop the artifacts for you.
If that doesn't work, i've heard you have to kill the pet and get them off his/her corpse.

Sooo, tamer or no?

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OP

Are you a tamer?
I have heard of tamer's pets holding onto the artifacts.
I guess there is a command to get the pet to drop the artifacts for you.
If that doesn't work, i've heard you have to kill the pet and get them off his/her corpse.

Sooo, tamer or no?
I got a martie about an hour ago from my dread warhorse killing a Juka Mage Paragon. It dropped in my backpack...

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got my only ilsh artie from a corpser. Just about the only paragon I can kill too.

A

Azureal

I got my only ilsh artie from a corpser. Just about the only paragon I can kill too.
LOL, add giant spiders to the list for me.

I have no idea how people kill Paragon Demons, Blood Eles and Titans. I have a hard enough time with the normal ones.

A

Arch Magus

LOL, add giant spiders to the list for me.

I have no idea how people kill Paragon Demons, Blood Eles and Titans. I have a hard enough time with the normal ones.
Teehee.

Dexxer + Soulseeker + bushido + chivalry + a little vamp form for flavor =

Shredding para Titans like butta'

=D

Para Bloods are another matter....

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a good old fashioned mace/parry warrior for me with focus and resist. Can manage paragon gargs and ratmages but even they kill me regularly. Titans, demons and dread spiders just go through me.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There have always been characters, who got the pack filled with arties and those, who look into the rain and get nothing while investing triple the time.

K

Katlene

i took my tamer off to kill bloods, she has over 2k of luck i got 2 chests and no martys after about a dozen paras. i was quite disapointed

D

Duke X. Winter

Add me to the list. With 1400 luck (approx, I think it's a little over), 2000 with the luck statue (again, a little over) and well over 150 paragons (titans, cyclops, and daemons) I have a recieved a total of 4 marties in just about a month.

I don't understand.

Character is a tamer. I am generally no less then 2 squares from my pet when the monster dyes, and I am saying "all kill" or "all guard me" every 10-12 seconds to keep my pet(s) "green" to me.

yanaki2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yeah the paragons are broken, it looks like it has been a while on the marties and just recently gotten worse when they added the chocolate ingredients..

i have killed the following paragons in the last week

51 earth elementals
15 titans
27 cyclops
21 greater mongbats
5 gazers
17 ratman archers
28 ratmen
7 dark wisp paragons
97 assorted jukas

total number of marties : 0
total number of paragon chests : 1
total number of treasure maps obtained from killing normal monsters : 6

this is at 427 luck

now in the same time when i hunted dark wisps in the wisp dungeon i got 14 paragon chests from the normal dark wisps ... cince they drop them as well. one time i got 2 paragon chests from a dark wisp paragon.... that was it.

i guess ea no longer wants people to do any real hunting..

add that to the problem with spending hour upon hour trying to get the artifacts from the virtue dungeons... heck you have to work hard just to get some friggin tribal berries...

ohh and dont try fishing.... i takes 2+ hours just to get a sos now adays

i swear its like they made all the drops take 10 times longer!

N

Nibblets

I got a Cavorting Club off a Serpentine Dragon paragon the other night, and that's the first martie I've seen in a long time.

Now with SoS bottles I was getting 10-20 while out fishing up other ones. I split mine into directionals doing one group at a time. Usually took me 2-3 hours per grouping, depending on if I had to make my way around a large landmass or not.

And I think they turned down the spawn rate on the arties for the anti-virtue dungeons. I'm not completely sure, but I think I remember something along those lines.

And discordance works wonders for taking out high end paragons. :thumbup:
With 120 discord and music I was taking down the serpentines with an untrained dread warhorse.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got a Cavorting Club off a Serpentine Dragon paragon the other night, and that's the first martie I've seen in a long time.

Ok thats what i just finaly got too after about 20-30 more various paragons then in my OP.
They may not be broken but the gold paragon ones might be looked at, they are prob fine
but who can really say....
At least i got one
Back to miasma Now for a few more weeks of fun lol

R

Rix/\

Balarons and succibus if your looking for more drops per kills, doesn't matter how much luck ya got any is better then none but not much of difference maker. It's the lvl of monsters. I can hunt balarons and get one out of 10 kills same for succi. With no more then maybe 250 luck. Any other type of monsters your looking at maybe one out of 25-65 that'll drop this is according to the paragon calculator on stratics. I haven't hunted paragons in awhile but when I do I go for the balarons.

lankdogg03

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure why the drop rates are so screwed for some people personally i get about one minor for every hour or so that i kill miasmas and probably see three or so chests per hour. On the other hand i have had no luck getting the minors from the anti virtue dungeons. i wear a luck suit with around 1200 or so luck