Are Hit Spells Affected by SDI?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 27, 2008
are hit spells from items affected by spell damage increase items?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 12, 2008
Probably not. A long time ago, their used to be a "Cleric" template, Macers with Eval who used Wands.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas
lol
and of all the things that have been asked, this question will probably lead off the FOF, followed by a 4 line mathematical formula for no...

:rant2:

R

Revenant2

I know for a fact that hit spell weapons are not affected by eval, I tested this on test shard some time back. The damage amounts of hitspell seems to match that of a mage with GM eval and having 120 eval does not change it.

I've heard that SDI does affect hitspell weapons but never tested it so I don't really know.

A

Asmodai

ive played dexxer a long time now and from what i've experienced, the hit spell is not affected by SDI at all.

however i think it is slightly affected by damage increase. On the weps with less damage ive noticed that lightning, say if you hit for 8, then lightning will hit for 8 too. But if you use a high damage weapon and hit for 20 then the lightning seems to do more damage. But i think it's capped at like 12 damage or something.

i might be wrong, and it might have just beeb determined by this certain players resist on his suit.

But no, SDI makes no difference.

athos_uo

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008
I made a test on TC1:

- I made a warrior on an account with Axe of the Heavens and a character of 55% cold resist on another account.

- The warrior attacks the latter with 8-10 damage added by harm of Axe of the Heavens.( 2 clients on 2 PCs)

- Then the warrior equips Crystalline Ring of SDI 20%. This is capped at 15% by PvP. Under this conditions, the warrior attacks the defender with 9-12 damage added by harm of Axe of the Heavens.

Conclusion: SDI affects the damage by Hit Spells.