• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archery] Sampire Archer Templates

E

Eldril

I am currently working on completing an ABC Archer and was able to pull together a good template from all of the posts. I would like to start work on a Sampire Vampire and am finding it difficult to put it all together. I've read though the posts quite a bit am having trouble piecing it all together. I see one recent post with the following template:
Archery 120
Tactics 115
Anatomy 110
Heal 110
Necro 100
SpiritSpeak 100
Chivalry 70

Not sure where the other 5 goes.

Any recommendations on good Sampire Archer Templates?

Sounds like this template would be a lot of fun.

Look forward to hearing from you all,
-Eldril

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Without bushido, you're missing the "B" in ABC archer. Currently, you have a necro/archer. Drop SS (or healing) and add bushido, you'll have an ABC archer/sampire.

Your current template is more complicated than a straight ABC archer/sampire, in that it appears you plan to use necro spells (hence, the presence of SS). Just keep in mind two things about the necro/archer: 1) you'll need to have 100 lrc suit (or carry regs) for necro spells and 2) each time you use your necro spells, your karma goes down, which decreases the effectiveness of your chivalry.

In a nut shell: current build should be a lot of fun, but the suit will be a bit more complicated and you'll have to work karma a lot. On the other hand, if you drop SS, you won't have you have lrc or work karma, but you won't have all the necro spells at your disposal.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, what he said.

Try this:
120 archery
120 bushido
120 tactics
100 necromancy
Then you have a choice of:
(1)
100 healing
100 anatomy
60 chivalry

or

(2)
120 resist
70 chivalry
70 focus/meditation (I prefer med)

or
(3)
90 resist
100 anatomy
70 chivalry

Template 1 will give you the most survivability, having redundant methods of healing. Template 2 will give you extra mana for specials/lightning strikes even without the use of mana leech weapons and will give you the best chance against anything that casts curses (blood oath, for example)
Template 3 will give you the most bang for your buck while still being quite effective against the cursing enemies.

There are dozens of other things you can try, especially if you have the use of skill gain jewels/armor. The best plan I can think of is to keep soul stones handy and play around with it until you find something that works well for you.

N

NickyDishes

I run this:

120 archery
120 Bush
100 ss
100 Necro
90 tactics
75 Chiv
120 Resist(i have this cause i switch necro/ss for anatomy/healing when i pvp it only has to be 90 for pvm imo.)

I run wraith form and use curse weapon if i get low on life. I've tried it in vamp also, but i like using bows without mana leech. IMO this template does the most damage of any other temp next to the original sampire. U cannot however solo high end bosses like peerles without someone or something to tank. what's cool is unlike original sampire i used more necro spells (corpse skin, evil omen, wither). This temp is godly at spawns cause u can wither mobs, then honor the boss and sit back and destroy it while a tamer's pet tanks. I like the temp but i have since switched my archer back to anat healing for pvping now....but the whammyarcher is a superb template for pvm. couple downfalls to this temp is :either use regs like i did, or fit lrc into a dexxer based suit which is kind of a pain considering resists get lowered with necro forms. I also recomend using a bow with mana leech if your going the vamp route. Lastly u need to farm karma a lot if u want ur chiv spells to be effective.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I currently do not have a vampiric archer, but I used too. I ran something along these lines.

120 Archery (20 From Hunters)
120 Tactics
100 Anat
90 Heal (Use Enhanced Aids)
120 Bush
110 Necro
80 Chiv

Ran base stats at 100 Str, 100 Dex, 50 Int. I chugged pots with 50 EP to get dex up high along with had stam increase increase on armor. MR and LMC were also incorporated into the armor. Overall was a fun char to play. Mainly used in doom to farm for doom arties. Would do a run or two a day with some friends. Now with imbueing I am sure I could make suit/weps incredible.

Edit: with imbueing and having EP on jewels just for potting, you could actually have balanced slayer bow. Could chug pots as well for a 3rd healing method. If done right char could be almost unkillable unless it got rushed.

E

Eldril

Thanks for all of the information. Just hit my 1 year mark a few days ago and still have a lot to learn :) Your help is very much appreciated!

-Eldril

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My tempalte is built around the 720 skill cap. So one year you get 5 too skill cap right? Think so. I would just run 100 Necro (use scrolls to get in and out) and then run 115 bush or something like that. Really up too you. That or find jewelry to compensate.