• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Archers a litte bit overpowered?!?

R

Rumpelstiltskin

With protection on as an archer you mortal them twice and the concussion them and they die...wheres the difficulty? Nobody should die to a protection mage with all the ways to heal. Chiv, pots, aids, bush pro mages are just too slow

I agree about necros being lame, they should change how mage weps work since thats all anyone runs now. Or fix dci because its so over powered. But if your on a MAGE its not hard to get up a greater heal and live through an explode fs omen *heal* then painspike.

mage weapons should require less magery, like 10,

G

Googly

Dexxers needs to be nerfed? Are you ****ing serious?

You do realize all you have to do is WALK (not even run) and a dexxer cant even hit you. "Uh oh...dexxer has me low *moves a tile over*."

Archers still have balanced bows, velocity, and moving shot. All of which are simply ridiculous. They have the range of a mage, and easily the power of a dexxer.

So, you can couple your velocity with a hit-spell chance, and suddenly you're damaging a person 3 times per hit. Put concussion in there, 4 times per hit.

Moving shot...I don't know how it ever got so accurate. Back when I used still play my swordsmen, an archer could use moving shot to hit me every time even at 45 dci and 110 parry. How? Because he had at least 50% LDC and max HCI. Utterly ridiculous.

Balanced bows...If I have to explain why this is ******** to you then you really are lost in the mind.

I'm sorry, archers, that they took away your 1-shot kills. Really. I am. But don't you ever go and complain about being nerfed. Ever.

Pre-AoS archers sucked. AoS made them...a little better. SE made them Godly.

Isn't it obvious? EA started its own Affirmative Action, and archers are the ones who get to benefit from it. As an archer it doesn't matter that the mage next to you is better...just that the archers who came before you had it hard pre-AoS, so now we have to make up for it.

S

Syfka

Dexxers needs to be nerfed? Are you ****ing serious?

You do realize all you have to do is WALK (not even run) and a dexxer cant even hit you. "Uh oh...dexxer has me low *moves a tile over*."

Archers still have balanced bows, velocity, and moving shot. All of which are simply ridiculous. They have the range of a mage, and easily the power of a dexxer.

So, you can couple your velocity with a hit-spell chance, and suddenly you're damaging a person 3 times per hit. Put concussion in there, 4 times per hit.

Moving shot...I don't know how it ever got so accurate. Back when I used still play my swordsmen, an archer could use moving shot to hit me every time even at 45 dci and 110 parry. How? Because he had at least 50% LDC and max HCI. Utterly ridiculous.

Balanced bows...If I have to explain why this is ******** to you then you really are lost in the mind.

I'm sorry, archers, that they took away your 1-shot kills. Really. I am. But don't you ever go and complain about being nerfed. Ever.

Pre-AoS archers sucked. AoS made them...a little better. SE made them Godly.

Isn't it obvious? EA started its own Affirmative Action, and archers are the ones who get to benefit from it. As an archer it doesn't matter that the mage next to you is better...just that the archers who came before you had it hard pre-AoS, so now we have to make up for it.
Seriously archers godly? yeah right we aren't the ones with the pets that can kill anything yeah so we have balance bows big deal and talking about moving shot or velocity in order to use moving shot you have to have Bushido or ninjitsu one of the two and out of ALL the archers i know and being one myself if you want to have good tactics anatomy resisting spells chivalry healing and archery you don't have the room to have the skill points required to use moving shot so everyone needs to quit complaining make an archer play it 100% of the time for 6 months get the skill the right way and not use an advanced character token and if you still don't like it after that then complain but until then just seriously let it go. :rant2::cursing::wall::bdh:

G

Googly

I don't believe tamers are the subject of this thread.

Tamers in fel are a joke. An abomination. They've been nerfed down a little since control slots came out (thank God).

Also, no need to quote my entire post when you're the next reply. Just makes the page take that much longer to load.

I'll never touch an archer template, again. I played one pre-AoS, back when they took SKILL to use.

Why must you have Bushido or Ninjitsu to use Moving Shot? I don't see how this would matter seeing as you cant cast spells and use specials. As for using chivalry as an excuse for your template being full....the only bigger joke than archers and tamers are chivvers. You, as well, only listed 6 skills. What do you need Chiv to be high for unless you're a 4/6 holy light spammer? If thats the case there really is no hope.

A

Atlantian

You sound like a Mage. Holy light is not used very often on the Archer Template. Mages just hate Archers cause they lose every confrontation. Haven't met a mage yet that isn't a whiner about an Archer. Suck it up and deal with it.

G

Googly

Not a mage, anymore. I have a whole spiel I could go on about mages. For example, mini-heal and dci making them virtually impossible to kill. But anywho...

Nah, my last character was a pure warrior. No gimmicks. None of that bushido, ninja, or 4/6 chivalry bull****, no LDC. Nope. If I red lined someone, all they had to do was run, and it made it impossible for me to kill. No moving shot. I couldn't chug pots through my shield or ax.

The only real way to win now is to play a cheap hybrid template. The days of pures are over.

It's all thieving for me, now. The last little bit of fun you can still have in Fel.

But if you cant honestly look at the archery weapons and abilities out there and say, "Wow, I really am overpowered" then you are lost.

LordNoximos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tamers are over powered, archers are a close second, an actual PVP'er has spoken! :|

Whos bright idea was it to add a dragon with 60 damage attacks against 70 physical, and a horse with 30 damage fireballs? You must be out of your f'ing mind!

G

galefan2004

Ahh come on...

Every newb should be able to throw on a 5+ mil bow and a suit with max DI and HCI and be able to go own in PvP even if its his first day PvPing. Something is seriously wrong when archers brag about their PvP kills though.

G

galefan2004

lol

While they are a little over-powered.

Tamers are still far and away the most over-powered class.
Yes because giving up almost all skills that allow you handle anything more than throwing a bola and saying all kill makes you overpowered. If I can outrun my greater on foot, I'm pretty sure you should be able to as well.

Frankly....I think an Archer combats a tamer nicely.

Its actually shaping up nicely.

Dexer>Mage>Archer>Tamer>Dexer

The greater dragons just need a slight nerf.
No...if they nerf greater dragons over stupid crap involving PvP then I am simply done with this game. I like being able to duo almost everything in this game with a friend, and without greaters being what they are that is going to be much harder. Don't nerf a pet that is just fine in PvM because of the damage they do to other players in PvP. Plus, a well trained dread warhorse is much more powerful in PvP and it allows you to be mounted at the same time.

Archers require very little skill to actually play and they are closer to being near the top of the heiarchy. If you think dexxers are at the top you obviously don't know how to PvP. If you think mages are next (except maybe necro mages) then you obviously don't know how to PvP either.

Its more like archers, necros, tamers, dexxers, mages.

G

galefan2004

Lets see, have they ever done anything even remotely like that to tamers?? Not that I can recall... ever go to bed with your dragon having 600hp and max skills and wake up with it having 300 hp and 70s skills? No? Didn't think so.
Did you play during AoS? I mean, pets post AoS are still not as strong as pets pre AoS. The greater dragons and dread warhorses come CLOSE to what dragons and nightmares were before AoS. So, yeah I bought an expansion only to find out my tamer suddenly sucked, and they didn't actually fix that issue for at least 6 months. Not to mention, when AoS first came out, pets dropped 10 skill points per death, so my 7x GM WW went from 7x GM where it powned blood elementals to not having any skills above 30 in about 3 blood elementals. After that, I left the game and didn't come back for 2 years.

Or, if your a mage, did you ever go to bed with your all 70's resist 40 lmc 12 mr 100% lrc suit with 2/6 casting on and wake up with a 50's resist suit with 5 lmc 1 mr and 60 lrc and 0/2 casting? No? Didn't think so.
No, but they went to bed with max FC/FCR (before the caps) and much more insane mods via artifact stacking and woke up with caps. I really don't think you know anything about the history of this game at this point.

I say if they decide to nerf anyone, it should be anyone but dexers and specifically not archers. That class can take very little more nerfing before everyone with an archer just wakes up one day and their archer and equipment has been deleted by EA.
Thats why archers are the most popular PvP template? Thats how come anyone with a good bow can be a PvP king? Thats how come you can be a stealth archer and normally one shot people if you have the right equipment?

I already thought you knew nothing about the history of the game, but now I question if you know anything about this game at all.

G

galefan2004

Bottom line...Tamers need to be nerfed...
Ok...nerf me. I won't be playing this game after that, but sure. You are forgetting that tamers are most Trammies. Trammies don't tend to adapt as quickly as players in Fel. We simply walk away and find another game to PvM in. You really don't want to start throwing nerfs at tamers. If tamers need anything...they need a system to level animal taming without chasing over 1000 drakes around. If you can get the full armor suit from the zoo at 400 points per drake before getting legendary in animal taming then there is a problem.

G

galefan2004

Archers do alot of dmg in pvm, and in pvp if they have a good suit and template they can spam specials forever. ai is capped at 35 which was dumb but most people play necro mages right now so they can't complain because they can pull off 60+ dmg flame strikes after a corpse skin and evil omen. An archer can miss, unless someone is using evade spells will never miss.
Yes...because people don't design suits to keep 70 fire resist even after they have corpse skin on them, and people don't fit 60 chiv onto their template to get rid of evil omen. You must be kidding. Necros do a lot of damage, but its nothing compared to archers.

Concussion *parry* *parry* *parry* Mortal *parry* Concussion
Yes because all templates have parry. Can you figure out a way to fit parry onto my tamer for me please?

compaired to:

Corpse skin, Evil omen para, Exp, FS, Evil omen painspike dead...
Its more like...interupted, move away, interupted, move away, interupted move away.

If you are letting any mage actually cast then you need to learn how to pvp a mage.

M

Mythic

Again, a lot of good ones and a lot of ridiculous as well, views points whatever aye. I am an archer, weve already pointed this out right. I really, really do think balanced bows are BS in a big way. If bows are balanced make all 2 handed weapons have a chance to be crafted with the balanced property, and someone mentioned DCI on spellbooks, you know what I think that would even things up a bit too, But I wouldnt go to much farther past these two ideas. Right......anyone.....anyone?

SC is another property I dont care for much either but eh, If you can have your macer mage, I can have my archer mage. but it should be much rarer property maybe?

G

Googly

Lol. If you keep fizzling then you need to learn about DCI.

I can run up with 120 wrestling in wolf form and still not fizzle most mages.

Now if I was another mage, Id have the advantage of a 100% guaranteed hit, and could keep hitting him with magic arrow. Lol.

S

Still Frame

You sound like a Mage. Holy light is not used very often on the Archer Template. Mages just hate Archers cause they lose every confrontation. Haven't met a mage yet that isn't a whiner about an Archer. Suck it up and deal with it.
1. Holy lighters are easy on a mage if u run the right template.

2. Holy light can be useful if u can use mortal and poison on a dexer because its slow chips of dmg between swings

3. Archers are just lame, sometimes they either always miss or 2 shot you and never miss. DCI needs to be fixed along with hld

B

Balian of Asgard

your mage suit must be very bad the,

I have a archer and he uses a bow I bought for 300, I have fencing also on him and he pretty much rips apart every temp in the game,

Balanced bows are the stupidest thing this game has ever seen,
and Someone in my guild has a 35+ ss 20+ hc 40+ hit fireball 40+ hit velocity comp bow,

I saw this other guy with a balanced bow that can 2 shot people..

I am sorry but if you play a archer its because your no good at the game.
LOL lets duel

S

Scratch

if archers can have balanced bows
all dexxer 2 hand weapons should be able to have the property also
no one handed weapon can deal the damage a heavy or cross can do specially with the specs they have
so why cant the dexxer get a hard hitter to and still be able to chug

i agree
if you play an archer its because you cant play anything else
archers are easy especially if you can chug and spam moving shots forever with a godly bow made from duped heartwood kits
if i had 50 kits to burn thru id have a godly bow too and still be able to chug while shooting it

aos was bad and ea keeps on making it worse
maybe their goal is to make us all quit so they can shut it down

S

Scratch

and yeah
when i post about the dci parry bullsheet i get flamed but i read so many post saying the same damn thing

dci > parry with no dex requirement and a 120 skillpoints to work with
that is a big problem

A

Atlantian

Power to the archers! We need more! :coco: Right now it's the archers. Later it will go back to the mages. Then to the tamers. It is a never ending cycle. I would love to see the warriors get some of that power back.