• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Archer/Tamer Template

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hey all. Going to work on making a tamer template but thinking of going the fighter/tamer route instead of a caster. Although I haven't ruled out going with a pure mage tamer or a SW tamer...

Here's the template I'm thinking about now. Might need some minor adjustments and tweaking but it's a work in progress. What do you think?

100 Archery [120 with Hunter's Headdress]
120 Tactics
110 Taming
115 Lore [Necessary to control 99% of the time, I understand]
110 Vet
120 Chivalry or Bushido or Anatomy?
45 Meditation or 45 Chivalry [4/6] if Bushido

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would probably roll chiv, though not that high and put the balance in med. also if chiv you want to try to run 4/6 cause im not sure how your healing yourself otherwise. I usually run this temp with anat and healing. if you had a desire to pvp, you could swap out the vet for resist spells.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
From what I've read in other forums, 120 Chiv is really effective if I'm doing the 4/6 healing route. I haven't done a lot of research into it completely but it seemed like a nice way to have a damage buff from Chiv, [EoO, etc.] and also a way to heal myself. Need to look up what gear I'd need to get my hands on in order to hit 4/6 though.

Anatomy and Healing seem a good route too.

kze

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
105 taming is fine with 115 lore. gives 99 to control gd. also i would go with bushido for perfection and luck. adds damage, too.
and u could lover vet by 10 points or even leave it at 80 (i dont really know actually how much it requires for ressing) and add points to chiv so u dont fail eoo.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Chiv gives good bonus to archery and allows you to recall, heal, and remove curses. I don't think 45 chiv will give you enough bonus so you should be aiming for 60ish on that if you go with Bushido. Also, if you go with Bushido, you will want some mana leech on your bow to help replace mana.I enjoy my Archer/Tamer though I do not use Bushido.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Chiv gives good bonus to archery and allows you to recall, heal, and remove curses. I don't think 45 chiv will give you enough bonus so you should be aiming for 60ish on that if you go with Bushido. Also, if you go with Bushido, you will want some mana leech on your bow to help replace mana.I enjoy my Archer/Tamer though I do not use Bushido.
Would you mind sharing your template? I'm still not set on the idea of Bushido and open to suggestions.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
My Character is semi-item dependent

Taming 110 - 90 real +15 ring +5 birds of brit tali
Lore 110 - 90 real +15 ring +5 birds of brit tali
Vet 110 - 95 real +15 bracelet
Archery 120 - 100 real + hunters headdress
Tactics 120 - real
Anatomy 120 - real
Chivalry 120 - 105 real + 15 bracelet

His suit varies depending on what I am doing.

I really enjoy this template. I also have soul stones that removes anat, adds hide and stealth, and changes other skills totals.

Gb8719

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran

Tactics 120 - real
Anatomy 120 - real

I really enjoy this template. I also have soul stones that removes anat, adds hide and stealth, and changes other skills totals.
Awesome idea for a template. Kinda similar to what I was looking at but I hadn't really considered going the route of getting a lot of skill points from items as you had.
I have not really considered the idea of going hiding and stealth. I've seen a lot of tamers use those two skills and, since I'm new to taming, I can't really imagine why they would. Wouldn't an invisibility potion work just as well to break a creatures attention from you?
Something else for me to look into.

Also, how do you heal on this template? Do you rely strictly on potions or do you attempt 4/6 chivalry for healing? Seems like that might be tough with the +skill on jewelry requirement.

Last edited:

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Chivalry gives you heals, recalls, and remove curse plus the damage bonuses.

I used the hiding and stealth for PvP and also for stealthing in to tough areas and then using my pet summoning ball to bring in my pet. I haven't used it as much so I stoned it and went with the temp I posted. :)

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran

Tactics 120 - real
Anatomy 120 - real

How do you use this template? (targets to fight and tactics during a fight)
What bosses can you do solo?

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have not tried to solo any bosses with this template. He was originally used a bit for PvP. I switched it to PvP and use it to fight random things like Miasma and things in Shame and other places. I usually have a greater out when using this guy so I am on foot and generally only target the MOB that my pet is on. I cast EoO and consecrate weapon and use specials when I have mana. He is fun to use and I may be able to solo some bosses, just haven't tried with him.