• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Archer] PvP Temp

• Thread starter Darkstein
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Darkstein

Sorry if this temp looks bad, I just started playing about a week ago.

120 Archery
120 Anatomy
110 tactics
65 Chiv
100 Healing
100 Poison
100 Hiding

This doesnt count any + skills from items. I can work those in and maybe get something else later.

The goal is to apply leathal poison and disrupt healing, while killing people. Chiv and healing to keep me alive. Hiding to disappear if needed or hide and wait for some one to arrive.

Please let me know what yall think or if you think there is something better out. Like I said online been playing for a week, so I dont know what to expect end game.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only problems I see with your template is the hiding and poison. With archery there is only one bow that makes use of the poisoning skill and that is the Elven Longbow. I've tried it a couple of times with gm poison and 120 archery and was less than impressed. You would expect with that combo they would be lethally poisoned, but I couldn't see that they were, and most of the time the almost instantly cured anyways. As far as hiding goes, if your human, you can pull off a human hide. It might take a couple tries tho, or you could always care some invis pots.

If your wanting to keep the poison skill, I would take up fencing and archery, you could carry a kryss of poison, war fork for disarming, and then composit for AI and running shot, and heavy for a dismount. Another option would be to take up ninjitsu and something else like med, focus, or bushido. That will allow you to use throwing stars to posion people or pets, use the Yumi, and go into animal form if dismounted and unable to get back on a mount.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would ditch poisoning all together. The bow that does the poison sucks. Instead, take ninjitsu to 120 and use shurikens/fukiya darts for your poisoning. Much more effective, and they don't take mana.

Also take tactics to 120. Bows hit incredibly hard with 120 tact/anat and 150 STR with DI capped on your suit. When I use a yumi, each shot hits for 19-22 against 70s resists. With a double shot when all 4 hit spells (lightning/velocity) go off you're looking at 70-76 damage from one successful double shot.

I would drop healing to 90, and ditch hiding all together.

I would also then pick up fencing. I play on a server with my fencer/archer by myself. I typically wait for stealth archers to try to dismount someone, I go up to them and bleed/disarm, then switch to the yumi for a double shot. Usually kills most of the lesser players instantly. The better players I have to moving shot down with a composite.

Ideally, the template would look like:

120 arch
120 tact
120 anat
120 ninja
120 fence
90 heal

That leaves 30 skill points. If you fit some skill increase into your suit you could put some points into chiv or med.

Conversely, you could take ninjitsu to just 80 which gives you the mana discount for special moves. Shurikens/fukiyas wont work as well against player opponents until you disarm them. That leaves 70 skill points, plus whatever you get from skill increase.

Or you could take that template and drop fencing for resist and still do just fine.

Lots of ways to go with it.

D

Darkstein

So by going ninja, are you able to use their abilities with a bow? Also what would you want your Dex and int to sit at? I though you would want more dex for the bow? I guess str makes sense to have more HP.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All pieces of armor should have stat inc on it.

My archer sits at 150 hp, 185 stam, and 80 mana after pots.

D

Darkstein

So I started the Archer, It seems I am unable to use any of their combat abilities ie Focus Attack. Is this because I have the wrong type of bow or not high enough skill? Also is it the same for Bushido?

Secondly with poison, doesnt the melee attack poison the target. I didnt think you had to use a specific ability.

Thanks

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are several ninjitsu and bushido abilities that only work with melée weapons. Focus attack and momentum strike are two that I can think of right now. If you training ninjitsu, then you just need to be holding a melée weapon, personally I like the boomstick because it has mana regen. As far as poisoning, you will need to apply the poison to the weapon that has infectious strike such as a kryss, and then in order to poison someone you will need to use that weapons infectious strike ability. You can look at stratics weapon page to see what weapons have that ability. If your using stars, then you just apply poison to the stars, load them in a ninja belt, and then to use it you just double click the belt then click on target. The level of poison is based on you ninjitsu skill. There are some little tips and tricks on loading and appling poison to the stars.

M

Maximilliean

I've had momentum strike work with my archer. It was a couple of weeks ago while hunting.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Momentum strike works with ranged weapons. It needs the secondary target in melee range.