• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anything rare in this years boxes?

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As title, i have been to 3 shards so far and not seen anything worth trading, is there anything rare this year?

Elf.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've done 7 chars on about 15 shards so far and still going. I like they gift boxes rather than bags though. They look alot nicer.

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hoping for angel or neon boxes....

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
As title, i have been to 3 shards so far and not seen anything worth trading, is there anything rare this year?

Elf.
These are the Hues colors for the boxes that I have so far. I've received many double and triple hues but I've received only one Crimson Red and Ice Blue Hue which are in the bottom right corner of the picture. I'll let ya know if there are any changes or if a new hue pops up as I continue logging in characters.

Last edited:

Jillene

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This Site is giving me attitude this morning, anyways I have an ice white box on GL, it has a blue ribbon around it, I have no idea how to take a picture if someone wants to I can meet you on GL and show you, thanks.

uo player

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I haven't looked through all mine yet but here are a couple that are not in the picture above.

22.jpg 11.jpg

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have not yet found a Mesanna lobster dinner--has anyone else?

madmack

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've also gotten all EM Lobster dinners, except for this beaut, not sure how rare it might be, but by Gryphon.
xmas 2013.png

KingHen

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not normally a container person, but I really like the upgrade of the new colors, etc.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
My home shard haul (includes the one at my feet):

Darkman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
there are loads of em lobsters and dev lobsters also i currently have 29 diffrent ones 7 devs and 22 ems, U can visit my zento museum on europa ot view them all if u like , its north exit second house on left cant miss it the lobsters are in the blue long box on floor by the other x-mas collections for this year, But there are deff dev ones also so there is prob a messana one as i got 6 of the 11 names that where issued with halloween heads!!!,,

i can also trade gifts on most shards for europa ones i currently have around 7 on atl to trade icq is 672640986 if u want to trade just pop me a icq

Darkman

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Devs ive found so far kyronix /mrstrouble/ onifrk /gryphon /misk / bleak /brutin and rakban

ems are
claudius /taweret /vereor /drosselmeyer /misaki /troubadour /nekomata /gotan /barnaby /dramnar /elizabella /augustus / kanata /hanarin /borbarad /sangria /balthazar /malachi /avalon /eira /orix /riccia /takako/ asiantam/ crysania/ bennu and aname
Thats a total of 27 ems and 8 devs i found so far ,Also have alot of spares on europa if anyone has one i dont have on europa ill glady pay for it or trade u for one of my spares for our zento museum can leave messeage on our boards at museum or contact me on icq 672640986 Museum is north exit second house on left next to wall cant miss it !!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Names on Lobsters so far: any more add to here or the list in the uhall thread.

1 EM Aname
2 EM Asiantam
3 EM Augustus
4 EM Autolycus
5 EM Avalon
6 EM Balthazar
7 EM Barnaby
8 EM Bennu
9 EM Borbarad
10 EM Claudius
11 EM Crysania
12 EM Dramnar
13 EM Drosselmeyer
14 EM Eira
15 EM Elizabella
16 EM Gotan
17 EM Hanarin
18 EM Kanata
19 EM Malachi
20 EM Misaki
21 EM Nekomata
22 EM Orix
23 EM Riccia
24 EM Sangria
25 EM Takako
26 EM Taweret
27 EM Troubadour
28 EM Vereor

1 Bleak
2 Brutin
3 Gryphon
4 Kyronix
5 Misk
6 MrsTroublemaker
7 Onifrk
8 Rakban
9 Sethun

Proserpina

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a white box! (that sounded wrong) As soon as I find the shard it's on again, I'll try to post a picture. Spent hours last night trying to find the black one. I also have a silvery purple giftbox with a black bottom on it and the same one that KingHen posted above.

Thanks for posting the other pic Gareth.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
I snagged these on Sonoma, haven't screenshotted the other shards yet. I especially like the black one :)

http://oi42.***********/2ps4yuf.jpg

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well nothing standing out bar a few black and whitish boxes....real missed opportunity for a collectasble set of some kinda and i dont mean candles with shading u burn ya eyes tryng to tell the differnece with...hey they could have used the old solid bell /statue colours....but nevermind......shame the gifts wasnt handed out old school in ticket form too....would have helped xsharding ......seems hardly anyone is bothering this year...such a shame.....Also EA wold have benifitted with real cash inputs as many folks would have reopened eligible old accounts for a month....alas weve got what weve got....theres only so many bath tubs and alacrity books a man can use....jesus...

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i hope the green one is got about 3 of thse

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Updated grid with, well, an actual grid, and also grabbed some screenies of the ones I don't have but other people have posted.
Updated 12/7 with 2 new boxes.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
*Starts a really bad rumor*
Maybe the reason Mesannas name isn't on a Lobster is because she left us for World of Warcraft!

Merry Christmas Mesanna!
I asked her if there was something she wasn't telling us.... I got a "What?"..... And I said well... dozens of people asking why your name isn't on any Lobster... So I asked Point Blank... "You leaving us?" Her reply was "Not unless they make me". To which I said, "They better NOT!" She told me, "I will stay with UO till they turn off the lights if they let me"........ however when I asked her if she "Prepared" any Lobster..... I didn't get a reply.

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I asked her if there was something she wasn't telling us.... I got a "What?"..... And I said well... dozens of people asking why your name isn't on any Lobster... So I asked Point Blank... "You leaving us?" Her reply was "Not unless they make me".
*Points Mesanna to the door and slaps a new name tag on his robe*
Lord Gareth, Ruler of Ultima Online
:owned:

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
So can we all assume ...These 32 coloured boxes... have been self decreeded by the ''rares folks'' as this years ''must have'' items
I dunno I just went off of Nine Dark Moons list

Magister Returns

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, that's a great reference! Thanks to everyone who helped contribute. Are we calling this a complete tally of the boxes?

EDIT: Nope. Unless these are just the 'rare' ones, I have more boxes than pictured here. A lot more.

What tool are people using to get the color numbers? Or is that a function included in pinco's UI for EC?

~M

Last edited:

Lord Gareth

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Wow, that's a great reference! Thanks to everyone who helped contribute. Are we calling this a complete tally of the boxes?

EDIT: Nope. Unless these are just the 'rare' ones, I have more boxes than pictured here. A lot more.

What tool are people using to get the color numbers? Or is that a function included in pinco's UI for EC?

~M
I use a program called ******* and only use it to hue and extract artwork. I basically pulled up each holiday box and started randomly hueing them until it matched Nine Dark Moons list. I cant mention it by name since it can do other things but its just like InsideUO. (Yes the boss lady and Mesanna know I use it for the powers of good.)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

~M
i dont thnk there is a complete tally of boxes...far too many silly shades.....ive read more than 125 colours but less than ??? maybe nine dark moons can shred some info. with the pinco thingy bob.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So can we all assume ...These 32 coloured boxes... have been self decreeded by the ''rares folks'' as this years ''must have'' items
I am not personally going to label them "rare", I just started making a grid of all the boxes with hues > 128.
99% of the boxes I've found so far are within normal cloth dye tub range (hues 1-128) but these 8 "unusual" colors fall in the > 128 range (they're actually all > 1900), so for me, that makes them worth hunting out and collecting. Especially the Abyssal colored ones - so cool :)
I use a program I'm not allowed to mention here either, but also ONLY for good. I don't care for the Enhanced Client, so I can't use Pinco's program.

Last edited:

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i cant use pinco either ....so i use eyesight alone....and its bloody hard work!!!!....likewise hate the EC....

can we assume there are 128 normal coloured boxes then....and these extra 8?

Last edited:

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i cant use pinco either ....so i use eyesight alone....and its bloody hard work!!!!....likewise hate the EC....
can we assume there are 128 normal coloured boxes then....and these extra 8?

well, with 4 designs per box (5 if you count both facings of the rectangular one), there's 128x4 distinct graphics for regular colored boxes, and 8x4 graphics for the "rare" color ones.

4gregu

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You
well, with 4 designs per box (5 if you count both facings of the rectangular one), there's 128x4 distinct graphics for regular colored boxes, and 8x4 graphics for the "rare" color ones.
I understand what you are saying, but as an FYI for those that don't know, you can turn the long boxes with a deco tool.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so 136 colours for each box.......thats crazy....iam crazy....gonna need another castle

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Login with the EC. Get the colour ID, bag them up and sign back in on the CC man. *simples* ;-)