• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone up for an in-game protest about the state of PVP?

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How is this better than Factions straight up not allowing you to heal them? I just don't see it. Instead of being completely disallowed you have been flagging orange left and right unintentionally.

This flagging system is hugely exploitable. From giving people murder counts to having people flag on you for free killing. I can stand next to a VvV as a blue, bless him, and attack him before he knows what hit him.
Every player has the choice to either join VvV or not join VvV. If you opt not to do so, but insist on still being involved in a PvP battle - whether that be through direct combat engagement, healing/buffing, or merely just standing around taking advantage of Felucca push-through rules, you are now subject to the same consequences. The single biggest point of feedback when we set out on the VvV discussion nearly a year before we even started implementing was, "Fix the blue healers." As it stands now everyone who wishes to engage in PvP that has opted into VvV is on a level playing field. Stat loss effects those who wish to participate - one way or the other - evenly.

In your example scenario - if you are standing next to me in a non-consenual ruleset, I'm in VvV and you start casting on me, then attack me, the onus of situational awareness is on me to defend. Whether I respond in kind to the attack or get steam rolled relies on my innate skill - regardless of character stats, skills, and equipment.