• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone tried this tactic?

S

Sho Hashi

Been thinking about maxing out damage increase and reflect physical damage on my sammy. Is it worth the time getting all the pieces or is RPD a waste of time?

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a fun toy to play with, but once a human opponent realizes you have an RPD suit, it's all over. And the damage done to monsters is rather insignificant.

And the RPD damage goes off before the damage you receive, so in PvP, getting attacked when you're wearing a RPD suit makes you the aggressor (and thus can get murder counted for defending yourself).

T

Turdnugget

From a PvM standpoint it can be great. The only downfall is that you'll want to only kill things that do mostly Phys damage. Even with 70's resists, unless what you fight does mainly phys damage it's going to render the suit not nearly as well built as something else. It'd be really hard to find all the right pieces to make it worthwhile with 100% RPD + mods to make you effective.

And as stated, in PvP it'd suck butt as you could get guardwhacked if attacking from the GZ, or always become the aggressor, which could be bad unless you're already red, but even then, you couldn't chase someone into the GZ as the aggressor.

S

Sho Hashi

It would be for PvM, since I am terrible at PvP.

What sort if armor mods would you suggest for this template:

Bushido
Parry
Chiv
Heal
Anat
Tactics

Also, I'll probably only put a bit into Chiv, and I have a 700 skill cap, so what do you suggest as a complementary skill. Not sure I want to put 100 in necro to get the vamp. I have spellweaving and I am human, but my mana is only 40, so not sure it's worth developing that.

Advice?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Bushido
Parry
Chiv
Heal
Anat
Tactics

Also, I'll probably only put a bit into Chiv, and I have a 700 skill cap, so what do you suggest as a complementary skill. Not sure I want to put 100 in necro to get the vamp. I have spellweaving and I am human, but my mana is only 40, so not sure it's worth developing that.

Advice?
If you can manage, it might be worth getting vamp. I'm not 100% sure but I believe you do leech life on dmg dealt by reflect phys.

T

Turdnugget

You need at least 60 chivalry to have some success at casting EoO.

You may want to build two suits. One with RPD for mobs you plan on fighting that deal mostly phys damage, and one that is better suited for all PvM.

HP increase, Stamina increase, regens are very helpful for that template. LMC is nice to cut down on mana use unless you're a wraith then it's not hard to keep mana up and have a HML weapon too.

Do you plan on group fighting or solo?

S

Sho Hashi

I forgot to add swords.

I'll probably fight lower level stuff solo--maxing at dragons or so--and then do group for more difficult stuff. So, there may be someone around to help me heal.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Bushido
Parry
Chiv
Heal
Anat
Tactics

Advice?
Like someone said, it is a neat idea for kicks and giggles basically. I would drop the idea of reflect damage suit, especially for PvM. Especially with swords, you have pretty much the greatest variety of weapons for a Samurai 侍 character. The katana of course, ornate axe, no-dachi, and radiant scimitar. You can round out your arsenal with specific UBWS weapons, since you won't be able to use evasion if its not in your natural weapon skill...so case specific situations.

Additionally, you don't need a ton of mana to go vamp. There are a variety of ways to leech life and mana back that you shouldn't ever have an issue with even just 40 mana. You don't need to worry about reflect physical damage as a damage device since you SHOULD...be doing enough damage with your template. Regular hits over 200 should be...pretty easy. Other than that, high strength to keep up your swing speed and dexterity of around 140 or so, so that you will get the 4 second timer on bandages.

If you wanted to keep spellweaving...for whatever reason, I would just tack on mana increase armor. Sleeves are an easy slot to fill it in. BUT, the problem is spellweaving is a real mana hog. It is just plain difficult to make a descent spellweaving samurai 侍 since ultimately you compromise one of your other stat areas.

As it stands right now, you have 7 skills, excluding spellweaving. Once you start getting into 8 skills and what have you, templates become VERY cramped.