• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone train Detect recently?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If so got any tips? I'm working it on a gold chest in a vendor shop, and I'm gaining slowly (7.3 as I type). Can I get it to 70 without player made traps? If not, what trap level intervals should I get?

Thanks!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
at that level you can detect the boxes in Exodus. Not sure how much you'd gain, but it would be a break from boredom. Use a ball of knowledge, it works like the 'warmer, colder' games we used to play as children. Easy, you're in the right area, very easy, you're getting closer, too easy, you're right next to it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You used to be able to spam detect hidden with faction traps and GM quickly, I wonder if it's the same with VVV traps?

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're training Detect Hidden, it doesn't have to be a trap :gee:

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You could add invis -> target to the macro.
Does that work? I only need to get to 70, so I'm hoping it won't require me to find incrementally stronger trapped boxes, because I would have to do it myself, and that sounds like a pain. Anyone without a siege character wanna make one with 50 tink and make me a trapped box? :D

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does that work? I only need to get to 70, so I'm hoping it won't require me to find incrementally stronger trapped boxes, because I would have to do it myself, and that sounds like a pain. Anyone without a siege character wanna make one with 50 tink and make me a trapped box? :D
On Siege I just hid a character out side a house and detected them to GM. To 70 I just detected on despise chest and it went fast enough.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used a GM Tinker Trapped Box and spammed Detect Hidden on it. Once i started getting higher up, i used the Satyr Trick to train it to GM. This was years ago though.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Or @Kyronix they could add something like a mythic token for a single skill for $5 in the store - lots of possibilities there

Troll The T Hunter

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its funny i find 1-69 gains the most annoying. Once I hit 70 I always look forward to ROT. I think its because from 1-69.9 you don't always get a gain but at 70 i might have to wait a few minutes but it always moves.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
its funny i find 1-69 gains the most annoying. Once I hit 70 I always look forward to ROT. I think its because from 1-69.9 you don't always get a gain but at 70 i might have to wait a few minutes but it always moves.
Yup. Love RoT. That is why 70 matters. :) I have an alacrity ready at that point. Should go quickly.