• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone selling an account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I'm struggling to decide which shard to go to, its shortlisted to Catskills or Great Lakes! I figure I'll go out and see if someones got a cheap account for sale (UO Gold only) on this shard. I can probably pay on any shard, my primary one being Europa!

So, thats how I'll decide... First cheapie account (with housing a bonus etc) that I get offered and buy will decide on my shard! Just cant decide lol, I like GL and I like Catskills. Havent got the time for both sadly so its all down to what I have on what shard etc. :)

(Need another account to house hold so might as well buy one with gold)

Salivern

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Check the trade forum. There have been a few for sale in there in the last few days. Link to the East Coast Board is in my sig.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I got offered an account.. I paid the gold and bam..

Scammed. I did my research too and he seemed alright but *shrugs* I guess thats what I get for being nice etc to people. Thats 90mils I wont see again, maybe more the fool me but I will be informing all my trade partners of the person and will inform people via PM's on here of the person.

This is one person who will now be leaving UO becuase of the scammers, people need to learn to be decent and honest for once.

It dosnt hurt and gets you more in the long run.

Bye all

AnneNomilly

Sage
Professional
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Salivern, if I had an account I'd give it to you. I don't. But I'll dig around and see if I have any of the free account codes that I didn't already give away. If I do, it's yours and I'll pm you. Catskills is a good place to be and I hate you got scammed. If you can get an account, we can help get you set up.

This community is always more than happy to help players get a foot hold. I really do hope you'll reconsider. We always love having new friends. We can help you find a house and almost anything else you need.

Think about it?

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like Anne I am saddened that anyone would scam you like that. Most of the shard are good people with huge hearts, but like everything else there are a few bad apples. We tend to think of our shard as a close knit community and we are always willing to welcome someone new into it. So don't let one bad experience deter you from trying out Catskills.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the kind words. The reason I was hoping to buy an account was to save me having to train and xfer charas. Figured that'll be the better way than up sticks with one of my Europa Charas. What really annoys me is that this person acts and talks on here like he hates scammers, supports those who get scammed and then goes and scams himself.

I dont feel angry or sad, just gutted that once again human life has shown its pitiful side. I'm just at a loss, I really am.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you for the kind words. The reason I was hoping to buy an account was to save me having to train and xfer charas. Figured that'll be the better way than up sticks with one of my Europa Charas. What really annoys me is that this person acts and talks on here like he hates scammers, supports those who get scammed and then goes and scams himself.

I dont feel angry or sad, just gutted that once again human life has shown its pitiful side. I'm just at a loss, I really am.

I can't help you with an account, since I only have this one....but if you do come to cats we will get you set up and back on your feet!

Those that cheat and steal will always try to prey on others....they seldom if ever change their spots!

:)

M

Mikeee

This is the like first rule in scam prevention, Don't BUY UO accts with Gold! This is a bigger scam than the 'I live in Africa you just won 12 Mil' one. I don't care who the person is, its a scam. Sell your gold and then pay cash so atleast you could argue something on paypal!

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to use Paypal, but in the mind of the stratics admins its safer to buy with gold...

So I cant use Paypal on here anymore :(

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if you are going to use gold, you should go through a broker....someone everyone knows well and trusts.

Cheats and scammers will refuse which should be warning enough.

The price of one can be negotiated as part of the transaction!

C

Corvak

Salivern - check your thread over in trade - someone's offering you an account.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to use Paypal, but in the mind of the stratics admins its safer to buy with gold...

So I cant use Paypal on here anymore :(
Actually, it has nothing to to with transactions being 'safer' by using gold. Purchasing items or accounts for RL cash violates the UO ToS, and because of that it is also against the Stratics RoC. That's why it's not allowed on Stratics. It has nothing to do with gold transactions being safer. It's all about the rules laid down by EA.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I'm going to give Catskills a go! People have been really nice since that a-hat scammed me. Now the hard part of building up trade to get $$$ and get suited, booted and housed!! lol Look out for Salivern Diago at Luna bank!!!

SupSoc

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am really sorry about your loss. I don't understand people and why they feel to scam. This is an online video game. We play to have fun.

I have a very awesome account for sale (mainly Atlantic/Gl) for 150m. I understand that he cleaned you out, but if you get the funds up I would be willing to sell to you. I am a very trustworthy Broker (mainly Atlantic) and anyone would be willing to vouch for me.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Heya Sal :)

Sorry I'm just now seeing this post and even more sorry that you got scammed. Being the Idocer I am I can fine you a decent max storage house in tram malas of fel within a hour. Just let me know where you would prefer to live and you got yourself a house. Heres my icq 375-739-774. Drop me a line, I'm on most weekdays in the afternoon and I'll help you get on your feet no problem. Talk to ya soon :)

Philo B^L

C

Corvak

Nice to see not everyone is a scammer here.

Glad to hear you're still giving it a go :)

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sali welcome to the shard....It was nice meeting you last night...I am sorry I mispronounced your name all night. I was distracted by a few things.

If you need anything just hollar, we have some great people on this shard.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you guys!!! I've met so many great people already and I think I'm going to enjoy Catskills!!!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Need a house? I stumbled across a spot last night that should hold a decent sized place.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh lookie here!

Thought you were using Phage now, trying to hide etc but maybe not. Lost any sales yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.