• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone playing a fishpire?

S

Salty Pete

Anyone here playing a fishpire? (Fisherman with enough necro to use items to get vampire.)

How about a Palapire (Paladin vampire)?

Anyone playing a Ninpire (Ninja vampire)? How about a craftpire (a vampire crafter)?

I think I might have the ultimate character type... Assasain vampire. Asspire.

Seriously now, can we stop calling warriors with bushido and necro "sampires"?

N

Nenime

*lol* Good one :D - It's allways the same with those abbreviations: easy to write but silly to look at. I surely won't call my crafter Smailor or my Peace-Tamer Peamer.

S

Salty Pete

*lol* Good one :D - It's allways the same with those abbreviations: easy to write but silly to look at. I surely won't call my crafter Smailor or my Peace-Tamer Peamer.
I have a Mamer (mage tamer) and a Beagerman (Beggar, mage, fisherman.)

E

Eslake

But what do you propose they be called in place of sampire?

BushidoNecroDexxers? Kind of a pain to type that every time you are talking about them. ;)

S

Salty Pete

But what do you propose they be called in place of sampire?

BushidoNecroDexxers? Kind of a pain to type that every time you are talking about them. ;)
If they have 20 camping and necro does that make them a campire?

How about vamploiters? Or samurai. Or Necro Samurai? Or simply gimps?

K

Kratos Aurion

How is playing a necro/samurai aka sampire an exploit?

It doesn't violate the TOS
It doesn't abuse game mechanics
It doesn't effect your play style

Just because some people got smart and decided to take advantage of the oppertunity to make a powerfull character doesn't make them "gimp."

On the other hand, it did give more players another excuse to whine about how the game is unfair because other people are doing something they don't want too or can't afford to do.

Another reason the game is failing. Everyone cries nerf. Weeeee

And FYI. I am not one of the above people who took advantage of the template. I did not make millions solo'ing dreads or travesty's. I simply play my tamer or stealth mage in tram in groups.

S

Salty Pete

How is playing a necro/samurai aka sampire an exploit?

It doesn't abuse game mechanics

Just because some people got smart and decided to take advantage of the oppertunity to make a powerfull character doesn't make them "gimp."
See what people are doing is taking advantage of poor game mechanics to do something that was not intended.

They suit up with +necro skill items, cast the vamp form and then take off those +necro items while keeping the vamp form. You don't see the exploitation of game mechanics used here to get an unintended bonus? Folks that legitimately have the skill in necro to use the form aren't the problem. It is the people abusing that game mechanic to make super characters.

L

Lady_Mina

ow no..this is going to turn out in one of those 'nerf them' threads..

'campire' sound cool LOL :)
The deadliest camper there is...

Lets see..

Mage/Necro : Magpire
Tamer/Necro : Tampire
Miner/Necro : Minepire
Carpenter/Necro : Carppire
Blacksmith/Necro : Blackpire
Tinker/Necro : Tinkpire
Fisherman/Necro : Fishpire
Carto/Necro : Cartpire
Scribe/Necro : Scripire
Stonecrafter/Necro : Stonepire
Glassblower/Necro : Glasspire
Lumber/Necro : Lumpire
Tailor/Necro : Tailpire
Paladin/Necro : Palapire
Archer/Necro : Archpire
Swordsman/Necro :Swopire
Macer/Necro : Macpire
Wrestler/Necro : Wrespire
Parry/necro : Parpire
Poison/Necro : Noxpire
cooking/Necro : chefpire

and so on and on...

K

Kratos Aurion

See what people are doing is taking advantage of poor game mechanics to do something that was not intended.

They suit up with +necro skill items, cast the vamp form and then take off those +necro items while keeping the vamp form. You don't see the exploitation of game mechanics used here to get an unintended bonus? Folks that legitimately have the skill in necro to use the form aren't the problem. It is the people abusing that game mechanic to make super characters.
No I wouldn't call that abusing game mechanics. EA gave us skill jewelry. Of course its their fault if it wasn't intended to be used in that mannor. But the fact that it can be used the way it is doesn't make it wrong.

And thanks to all the griefers, the game has lost yet another part of its versatility aspect. I hope you don't plan on griefing disco/tamers or -wep skill mages or DCI mages or smiths with 60 skill and a 60 ash (sounds like a major exploit to me).

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All these bad pire jokes are killing me.

Soon I'll need a funeral-pire.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No I wouldn't call that abusing game mechanics. EA gave us skill jewelry. Of course its their fault if it wasn't intended to be used in that mannor. But the fact that it can be used the way it is doesn't make it wrong.
Let me get this straight, because EA left a loophole that makes the 'sampire' possible it should be used?

So sing that logic, if someone leaves their door unlocked, and shows you where they keep their jewelry, you should be able to walk in there and take it without any consequence because they left the door unlocked and the jewelry available?

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with the anti-sampire groups. Taking the jewels off while in vampire form should revert you back to your normal form if you don't have the necessary necro to back the spell up. If you want to keep the jewels on and stay in vamp form, fine. But not without the jewels.

K

Kratos Aurion

Let me get this straight, because EA left a loophole that makes the 'sampire' possible it should be used?
How is it a loophole? It fricken increases your skill value... (dur dur durrr).

So sing that logic, if someone leaves their door unlocked, and shows you where they keep their jewelry, you should be able to walk in there and take it without any consequence because they left the door unlocked and the jewelry available?
That is an extremely unrelated poor analogy. You're comparing a "loophole" to theft. That would just be human stupidity.

I'm sorry, but I have to agree with the anti-sampire groups. Taking the jewels off while in vampire form should revert you back to your normal form if you don't have the necessary necro to back the spell up. If you want to keep the jewels on and stay in vamp form, fine. But not without the jewels.
I will agree with you on this. The fact that you stay in form is because you have the minority of your real skill devoted to at least 40 necromancy. If this was accomplishable without any necromancy I would call it an exploit. If its still achievable with jewelry that would be fine by me. The only thing it would do is jack up the price of sampire gear then everyone would go back to archers.

What I don't understand (this coming from a player who doesn't play a sampire), is why do you care?

I have never found my self effected by the template. I've even hunted with them and think they're amazing my self. I can solo the same stuff they can with my tamer. Does that mean my tamer should get nerfed? Archers can solo most peerless fine with pots and resist spells. Should archers be nerfed?

Basically, I see the whole reason to the cry nerf behind this template is spite.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How is it a loophole? It fricken increases your skill value... (dur dur durrr).
How's it a loophole? I'm sure necromancy wasn't intended to work that way. You shouldn't be able to be equip jewels to the point where you could change form, then remove them and keep said form. Unless you have 99 real skill in necro you should not be able to stay in this form. Using jewelry to get around having the necessary skill is a loophole.

That is an extremely unrelated poor analogy. You're comparing a "loophole" to theft. That would just be human stupidity.
You're being too literal. My question was asking 'just because you're able to do something (no matter if that action is right or wrong), you should do it?' The answer is no. Because of a flaw in game mechanics people should abuse it? No, it's not supposed to work that way.

I will agree with you on this. The fact that you stay in form is because you have the minority of your real skill devoted to at least 40 necromancy. If this was accomplishable without any necromancy I would call it an exploit. If its still achievable with jewelry that would be fine by me. The only thing it would do is jack up the price of sampire gear then everyone would go back to archers.
40 skill is not the same as 99 skill. Bottom line is if the base skill isn't there, and you've removed the jewels, you shouldn't be able to remain in vamp form.

What I don't understand (this coming from a player who doesn't play a sampire), is why do you care?
Because it devalues the work done by players who have put in the time and effort to actually reach 99 (or above) in necro.

I have never found my self effected by the template. I've even hunted with them and think they're amazing my self. I can solo the same stuff they can with my tamer. Does that mean my tamer should get nerfed? Archers can solo most peerless fine with pots and resist spells. Should archers be nerfed?

Basically, I see the whole reason to the cry nerf behind this template is spite.
I have never been affected by the template either. I don't have a necro or a samurai. I am not jealous, nor spiteful of 'sampires'. My gripe is with the fact that what they are doing devalues the efforts of people who put in the time working the skill beyond 40. I am against that regardless of the class of char, or template.

And for the record, I'm not crying nerf. I'm crying FIX.