• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Anyone other than me think somethings goin on?

M

Malimus

I mean i have just been seeing a heck of a lot of older rares and what not surfacing in the market lately. Not to mention some people saying they discovered a dupe accidentally lately. Id be very weary of purchases right now. Items i am talking about are the robes like the Ari robe, 2 story talking statues, and some of the other stuff that comes in [Replica] form but is not. As well as other server births from more than a couple people. I don't wanna throw a big dupe scare out there because i don't know for sure but something smells off if ya know what i mean. I could of course be totally wrong but i normally wouldn't post something like this if i didn't think something was up. What do you all think?

S

Stewpid

Even if there isn't a NEW dupe out there, there were a large amount of robes that were duped. Most of these were one of a kind items, and yet you see dozens for sale and on display. The older rares were also pretty heavily duped too I guess, since in the "Duped Items" thread this was posted:

Server birth/Miscellaneous rares
An overwhelmingly large percentage of server birth items like Two Story Statues, scaffolding, marble table etc. have been duped at one or more instances in history of Ultima Online.

S

Suzzy

If there were a new dupe we'd be seeing items that we normally wouldn't see on the market. However, people are just selling the same old duped stuff from old which leads me to believe that individuals are just liquidating their supply or just want some gold.

O

Ooguk [Cove]

Scaffold is another item that is appearing on the market allot lately.

M

Malimus

Guess i didn't know the extent at which these thing were duped. that sucks.

I also thought the duped robes were all turned into monk robes though.

S

Suzzy

The robes that were duped utilizing the morphing dog were turned into monk's robes. Those robes didn't have any properties but maintained the special hues. The true duped ones which maintained properties were not altered.

T

Tribute House

If there were a new dupe we'd be seeing items that we normally wouldn't see on the market. However, people are just selling the same old duped stuff from old which leads me to believe that individuals are just liquidating their supply or just want some gold.
Yeah, I wouldn't be surprized if it was looted at an idoc storage house or something.