• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone Near Broadsword In Virginia?

Christina Kardos

Sage
Stratics Veteran
They should be working on new content/events. Whenever there is something new I see a lot of ppl online. Constant updates will keep uo alive. They could draw some ideas from this very forum. Some of the suggestions are really cool.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should be working on new content/events. Whenever there is something new I see a lot of ppl online. Constant updates will keep uo alive. They could draw some ideas from this very forum. Some of the suggestions are really cool.
We're moving into the time when a lot of us take vacations for the holidays, so it's difficult to really dive into big new content updates. As a result we are working on fixing existing bugs and gearing up for 2015. Going to be very exciting!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
they found out the way to solve the housing not decaying/IDOC whining problem once and for all...
I can only say it's called: Project Manhattan :eyes:

Blood Ghoul

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yep. I live right down the road in Fairfax. I used to drive right past the old location everyday on my way to the office.

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Diablo 3 right?
A few of us played Diablo 3 when it first came out, but not anymore. Personally I much prefer Path of Exile over Diablo 3. Games some of us are currently playing include, Ultima Online, SolForge, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Civilization: Beyond Earth, ToeJam & Earl: Panic on Funkotron, Missile Command, and Keystone Capers.

Last edited:

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Stop in and see what they're doing. They been kinda quiet...
hahaha, i thought maybe you where taking pre-orders on paying someone to do down there and heckle them!
"come on tighten up those graphics!"
"you call that coding! my grandmother writes code faster then you and she's been dead for five years now!"

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
A few of us played Diablo 3 when it first came out, but not anymore. Personally I much prefer Path of Exile over Diablo 3. Games some of us are currently playing include, Ultima Online, SolForge, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Civilization: Beyond Earth, ToeJam & Earl: Panic on Funkotron, Missle Command, and Keystone Capers.
ok the people playing the last 2 games need to come over this weekend and play with me.
its ok everyone!
i cleared it with my mom.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Glad to hear you don't play WoW (Sorry all you WoW freaks!)

But yeah it's the end of the year, and every year at this time it's really slow. It's Thanksgiving>Christmas>New Years and people have families!

Hope you and the rest of the team are going to do something fun for the new year, we'll be here celebrating UO Style lol. I have 2 daughters so I'm always at home watching them try to stay awake until midnight, it's rather fun :)

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
hahaha, i thought maybe you where taking pre-orders on paying someone to do down there and heckle them!
"come on tighten up those graphics!"
"you call that coding! my grandmother writes code faster then you and she's been dead for five years now!"
Hmmmm interesting... what does something like that cost? :D

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now there is nothing wrong with the dev playing wow... or any of the other titles listed... it can be a way for them to get ideas and perhaps relax a bit.
We have always seen the Dev take off around the 3rd week of December and not return till around 15th of january. Its why most times the gifts and running content lasts that long.
Working from home might be an option for times when illness or injury happens but most companys are still not into the work from home ethic.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bah, the developers should only play UO when in the office. If they want to play the others, that should be off the clock time...unless they are researching something specific...la

Kyronix

UO Designer
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ok the people playing the last 2 games need to come over this weekend and play with me.
its ok everyone!
i cleared it with my mom.
On a whim one weekend I decided to pickup an Atari on ebay with a bunch of games, best $75 ever spent. We had a little contest going to see who could get the highest score on Missile Command. It lasted for about a week until Onifrk came in and literally demolished the competition...scored like 5x as much as I could ever get. Guess I need to brush up on my missile defending!

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
On a whim one weekend I decided to pickup an Atari on ebay with a bunch of games, best $75 ever spent. We had a little contest going to see who could get the highest score on Missile Command. It lasted for about a week until Onifrk came in and literally demolished the competition...scored like 5x as much as I could ever get. Guess I need to brush up on my missile defending!
When Atari was on the way out they had controllers marked down to like $2.99. The white plastic piece inside tended to break. I bought like 10 of them. I should be good for life considering how much I use it. My favorite is still Intellivision. Space Spartans... "The battle is over!"

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, my Dad was always a computer geek. We were online back with bulliten boards, unfortunately for me, that meant we couldn't get an Atari or other standard game system. We had one of these since he explained how much better the system was designed and how much better the graphics were...

When he decided to upgrade we ended up with one of these...

...la

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
We should respect that holidays are coming and ppl should be with their families. Keep up the good job and besides new content do try to advertise Ultima online a bit. :)

Happy holidays
I would be super happy if @Bleak could find what is giving me fits in the EC with opening corpses that have gone public and the fact that at an EM event when I die the death graphic/sound and all can take up to 15 seconds to occur. Something is seriously bogging down the EC and I seriously hope it gets fixed SOON.

Then Everyone at the office should spend time with the families .... which is always #1 no matter where you work or who you are. Family should always be first. Holidays are important..... and sometimes playing other games is good. I play Arcane Legends, Faster than Light and EQ Landmark when I'm not playing UO... Sometimes if my internet is giving me fits or is down at night (I work nights so often I'm up all night) like when they are doing an update or something I play the Sims Medieval... I find it a hoot!

Now the Art guy Ornifrk he should study that game... and give us some really pretty outfits and such like they have there. I wish we had the folk that do that working on UO sometimes. The customization for the characters in the Sims is amazing and awesome! I took and created Willa in the Sims and this is how she turned out along with how she normally looks in UO I wish she could have dark brown skin in UO. She is a woodland elf and should have brown skin like treebark... not green like a troll or something... That was one of the biggest things I had to overcome when we finally got Elves in UO was the skintones... HATE them keep wishing for more.... and just for giggles I'll add a bonus picture of my character in EQ Landmark but I couldn't do Willa there so I did Mhyrea instead:

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL, my Dad was always a computer geek. We were online back with bulliten boards, unfortunately for me, that meant we couldn't get an Atari or other standard game system. We had one of these since he explained how much better the system was designed and how much better the graphics were...

When he decided to upgrade we ended up with one of these...

...la
Oh wow....a friend from long long ago had one of those Ballys, damn it was awesome back then.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugg.... there's some mysterious person who does that to me on the movie theater Galaga machine. Its infuriating. :p

whiterabbit

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
YOOS WANNA USIN ALLS TO MARCH AROUND BROAD SWORD?
WEEES KIN PEEES ONA DA WALLS

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
A few of us played Diablo 3 when it first came out, but not anymore. Personally I much prefer Path of Exile over Diablo 3. Games some of us are currently playing include, Ultima Online, SolForge, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Civilization: Beyond Earth, ToeJam & Earl: Panic on Funkotron, Missile Command, and Keystone Capers.
Liking this for Missile Command and Keystone Capers. :)
Whoever is playing those clearly have great taste in games.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We should respect that holidays are coming and ppl should be with their families. Keep up the good job and besides new content do try to advertise Ultima online a bit. :)

Happy holidays
I actually have much less time to play UO when holidays come..... in between family, friends and all that needs get done during the holidays I barely have any time to play UO. So, I have no problem with no updates coming during holiday times....

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been meaning to stop by and see where you are and meet some of you guys/gals. Do you have town guards in front of your office doors? I work in Bethesda so its a hop skip and a jump (haha) over the bridge to Virginia (Fairfax).

Fingers

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
What, no GW2? For shame !!