• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone Game to rewrite the PVP & Doom Guides ?!?!

I

imported_agathe

aye i have been there and done doom... with the new changes.. .i even soloed some bosses...

so far only the luring to the moongate has changed everything else remained the same... and the extra necro spells etc

to save time, we can edit in the current doom guide isnt it?

G

Edit the guide that you currently have there, and then i will transpose it to what i would want it to look like and show you all what the final product will be.

S

StarlaUO

It would be nice to add in newer templates used, suit and equipment requirement and tactics used to solo the doom bosses, DF, peerless keys and bosses... maybe the experts in these areas would share their experiences.

G

aye, cause havnt the peerless bosses just been beefed up aswell?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Do you need a hand with your guides sweetie?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Girl Guides" ?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Do you need a hand with your guides sweetie?

[/ QUOTE ]

"Girl Guides" ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you like to buy some cookies?

G

Well the guide i was going to do for a tour oce has been borked. quite a few of the ones i had were near haven and now they are all gone. the burning ship, stonge henge, treasure room all gone vanished *sigh* new haven really ruined alot of things

S

siyeng0

<blockquote><hr>

Well the guide i was going to do for a tour oce has been borked. quite a few of the ones i had were near haven and now they are all gone. the burning ship, stonge henge, treasure room all gone vanished *sigh* new haven really ruined alot of things

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this comment... I really enjoyed exploring the island near Olde Haven - it was called Occlo, wasn't it? - especially as, when I was a new player, I didn't work out how to escape from Haven for weeks and weeks. *sigh* Now even that old moongate I used to use is gone. And the secret room, with the door that looked like part of the wall... did anybody else use to sit in there, make gates to Luna, hide, and watch people get lost? ^_^

At the moment, I am between things IRL - school's over! Woohoo! - and don't really have much to do. Other players have been on much longer than I have, but I know the world quite well. If you would like me to lessen your workload, I would be happy to contribute some parts to a guide on Oceania, which I suppose would just be a guide to Sosaria in general, as the shard doesn't have many special features... I've been tossing up for a while over doing a real in-depth atlas of all the dungeons, just for fun, that goes deeper than the Stratics one (and is filled with wild speculation! :p)

So, I'd like to contribute to this if you've got a space that needs filling. Have you any jobs or articles I could do? *hopeful*

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The poc library has a book of interesting places to see...I am not sure if it would be of help but it is there on the first floor if you wish to use it sweetie.

G

yeah i know that. i meant all my favourite places are now gone, theres nothing there but water, and where stonghenge was which is a touch south of the new haven gate is also gone even though uoam thinks its still there

i still dunno why they had to go ruin haven. now they have ruined mag *sigh*

G

*HUGS KATLENE*

I know what you mean I personally think the new haven is ugly and annoying to find things in and I do not even recall a story to go with it they just blew it up and stuck the nasty knight dude in the middle.

Then they blew up Magencia with Daemons and Papua still is over run with nasties.........I wonder what is next?

And what ever happened with Ricardo? *sigh*

Then if you go to Skara Brae you can not use the stage at the community centre cause it still has very ugly green and gold cakes on it from god knows when......I just wish some basic clean ups would be done.

But enough of a rant....If you need a hand writing a guide on interesting places out side of Haven let me know if I can help even if its just to proof read for you.

F

five oclock

if im not mistaken..he has his trial..and he was excuted...I think...Not sure tho. I think I did read about it on a FoF.

G

<blockquote><hr>

if im not mistaken..he has his trial..and he was excuted...I think...Not sure tho. I think I did read about it on a FoF.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will have to try and look that up when I get a chance. It might be a good idea to copy and paste it into an in game book to keep the story.

G

well i was at the courthouse and the gammons and the cart are still parked out side, and also all the flippen signs are still up on the banks. bah rip em down and put the bulliten boards back up with the pleas for help from loved ones of kidnapees!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

well i was at the courthouse and the gammons and the cart are still parked out side, and also all the flippen signs are still up on the banks. bah rip em down and put the bulliten boards back up with the pleas for help from loved ones of kidnapees!!

[/ QUOTE ]

There are many things in our world that need to be cleaned up, even serpents hold has a building that is altered for an event........never to be the same again. I personally find it frustrating as now those player run events can not use those locations.

G

Perhaps this can be added to a guide or a sticky thread as I think its very useful for new and old players .

<blockquote><hr>

On UO Hall, Hawkeye_Pike posted :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi all!

I created printable maps of the following landmasses for you to download:

Printable map of Britannia (PDF, 2 pages)
Big printable map of Britannia (PDF, 4 pages)
Printable map of the Lost Lands (PDF)
Printable map of Ilshenar (PDF)
Printable map of Malas (PDF)
Printable map of Tokuno (PDF)

These maps are very detailed, newly designed and specifically made for printing. You can download those maps here:

Ultima Online Adventurer's Guide

Have fun!
Hawkeye Pike

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

Anyone made any progress on those guides?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL lots of want to do's and wannabe's and people to organise other people to do things, just same old same old tho. Guess it takes a lot of energy to tell other people what to do etc, and doesn't leave time for any actual 'doing'.

I have done guides for building wagons and carts tho since this started and will look at doing a virtue one for Teeshy now seeing as she displayed interest.

G

I wasn't trying to be facetious, just curious if there's progress worth reporting yet. It's likely we won't otherwise hear anything until they're posted &amp; hosted.

I

imported_agathe

<blockquote><hr>

Edit the guide that you currently have there, and then i will transpose it to what i would want it to look like and show you all what the final product will be.

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone can edit the guide and add on. but u transposing it hmm... doesnt really seem right isnt it?

sorry but ur commanding tone seem a bit harsh.

G

no commanding tone there hun, transposing it to a different look is all.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Anyone made any progress on those guides?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL lots of want to do's and wannabe's and people to organise other people to do things, just same old same old tho. Guess it takes a lot of energy to tell other people what to do etc, and doesn't leave time for any actual 'doing'.

I have done guides for building wagons and carts tho since this started and will look at doing a virtue one for Teeshy now seeing as she displayed interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Being done just not grand standing them or showing them off till they are complete.