• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone Game to rewrite the PVP & Doom Guides ?!?!

G

Howdy all, Been thinking of having both the PVP guide and the Doom guide rewritten.

So if your game, and feel like you can do the job. Have a go at writing a new guide for one of the above mentioned guides for oceania.

Let us all know in this thread if your going to attempt it

We could put both guides into the one thread, as well as any other guides for our shard that people feel are needed.

This is open to discussion for everyone on our shard.

Let us know your thoughts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Peerless guides would be a good one for the group too

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I would love peerless guides. And an updated doom guide would be good as well.

G

Personally I think people are better off using the stuff that is up to date and already out there rather than putting them on here. If people want up to date info or want to contribute they can contribute to both those sites both stratics and uoguide.com which is a wiki. Or if we must have stickies on em put a sticky up with these links in.

see: Doom
see: Doom
see: Peerless
see: Peerless
see: PVP Forum

Just my view but I think guides and stuff like that don't really belong on a forum which is for discussion, if people want to start a topic to discuss a particular problem they are having or after specific info on any of the above then they can ask away and people will answer if they have the info. The basic structure, type of monsters, locations, tips and tricks etc are already covered very well on those links.

Why re-invent the wheel.

G

<blockquote><hr>

because square ones give a more thrilling ride!!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

That *GRINS*......... and the ease of access of having all information in one spot and relevant to our shard and tactics that may be slightly different to larger ones, I feel these stickies are just as relevant as the PVP thread and the EVENT threads which technically already have forums also BUT as we want to have ease of access our lovely mods have sticked them for us.

No reason the information can not be a combination of Links and player written guides. The more information and personal opinions on it the better I say.

G

Actually, I agree with this, I don't think that the guides for Doom or peerless belong on the shard forum (though I also do like to hear other people's "guides" to peerless etc) I can't see any reason why Doom or Peerless would be any different here than any other shard. Can't really comment on PVP as I know nothing about it =)

Besides, I really hate having so many sticky threads on top of any forum =P And I'm sure that having things stickied half the time means they get a lot less attention than they otherwise would have =P

G

How about an "Oceania's Points of Interest" guide?

Reference to Jaine's Zoo and all the stuff that makes Oceania unique (offhand I can't think of anything else, maybe the exploding toilet?). Guilds and establishments are already covered, just thinking there may be some world landmarks specific to our shard.

G

People, how about thinking a little more outside the guides you live in ? *laughs*
This is an opportunity to make guides with tips and tricks that we use on our shard, which im sure there are many that are NOT listed in any other guide.

As well as a way in which to create a list in each guide of guilds and people, with their contact details, who are willing to take on and help people who dont like doing these things on their own. To build a better community.

If i was a newbie and came to this shard and entered out forum, and saw a guide for dread horn, listed in the guides thread, which was a quick easy guide with tips and tricks that are used on this shard, as well as a list of others who will help a newbie become familiar with said peerless. I would jump straight into it and give it a go and see what i could learn from the residence of this shard.

Get the picture ??

Samaira

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

(offhand I can't think of anything else, maybe the exploding toilet?)

[/ QUOTE ]

!!!

G

Wouldn't the guilds thread help people hook up with others for peerless/pvp/doom? I don't know that we do things that much differently to other shards in this regard except there's no queue for peerless and there's a scarcity of people for pvp. How about a sticky post of handy links containing those that Echo listed &amp; more like them?

What I was suggesting was more of a visitor's guide to Oceania, what makes our shard unique &amp; worth checking out.. *shrug* ..guess it was a little too far OT.

G

<blockquote><hr>

People, how about thinking a little more outside the guides you live in ? *laughs*
This is an opportunity to make guides with tips and tricks that we use on our shard, which im sure there are many that are NOT listed in any other guide.

As well as a way in which to create a list in each guide of guilds and people, with their contact details, who are willing to take on and help people who dont like doing these things on their own. To build a better community.

If i was a newbie and came to this shard and entered out forum, and saw a guide for dread horn, listed in the guides thread, which was a quick easy guide with tips and tricks that are used on this shard, as well as a list of others who will help a newbie become familiar with said peerless. I would jump straight into it and give it a go and see what i could learn from the residence of this shard.

Get the picture ??

[/ QUOTE ]

One sticky thread with links to the sites I mentioned could still be used for people to 'add' our local flavour too, if any, but would mean the forum is not stuffed with stickies but ONE.

So Call it : Oceania Player Guide
Include Links in the first post (moderated and made by yourself) where you can not only include those links above but links to other Oceania player sites, ie Spellweave , guild websites, other Oceania player websites such as Thunderdome and add links as and when other players create or get active on the shard. Something similar to the links page I put on spellweave and a list by categories such as : Dungeons, Player Event Groups, Oceania Trade forum link, etc etc.

Just keep em all in the same sticky as general 'guides' to those things, if people want to put in their tips they can by reply. I don't know I just don't think we do anything different to any other shard when it comes to doom and peerless, as fink said, we just don't need to 'wait' as long, and once you start getting into individual groups going to do stuff then it is all dependent on template style anyways and that is an individual thing.

I don't care either way how it operates but feel it would be a waste of time for someone to re write doom and peerless guides when all the info is already comprehensively covered on those other sites. If someone here does anything differently they they can post in the sticky thread.

Guilds etc who do say 'dreadhorn' regularly could list the days they do it and a contact person in that thread as well.

Just my view.

I

imported_JediSith

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

We are just repeating what me and Miss Echo had a fight a year ago... I believe and still do that the Doom thread should included all peerless. The best people for pvp template and tactics advice is still pet or the rons (but they wouldnt like to relieve there secrets.

I will be up for it but i am no master of all peerless

also the comment that it should be posted within this forum is total beep.. Just like saying certain events and auctions should be left on people websites and not in the oceania... The reason of this Oceania forum is for different peopel to disguss idea and provide template which they find best...

There so much information on the net, why not provide Oceanians an easy way to locate the information than let them spend hours looking for it and getting annoyed with the game...

A friend with information is a friend in deed... thats how i find the oceania forum... :p

G

Geriatrics

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

whats peerless ?

G

4 - For adding more sticked guides for ease of use and shard/player content.
3 - Against or wishing it all to be one general sticky.

So come on Oceania have your say, do we need more guides? and shard input. Or are there too many sticky's and enough websites out there. Read the thread and have your say help the moderators decide what Oceania wants and needs.

G

Nope, not as yet.

As extra incentive, what ever guides are written will actually be posted on stratics as the stratics guide, with the person who wrote it accredited properly for them, as well as having them all listed within one thread on oceania with our own information.

Some of you may disagree with this, but stratics should not have to rely on external links for things which they should have in the first place.

Wont allow a direct copy of any guide without prior consent for it to be used on stratics by the person who wrote it.

If we can make this work properly, we could try and push for other shard forums to do the same thing based on what we come up with.

G

LOL no and they won't, that is the point. I certainly wouldn't as why recreate what is already available in a comprehensive form, unless someone knows something different, what is out there is already fine. No point in just copying the stuff already available is there?

And Jedi, you may of had a fight because I didn't 'agree' with you, but I certainly didn't . I still believe now what I believed then, which is my right as a poster to have a different opinion. Not my fault you didn't like it.

IMO one thread with a peerless guide (ie 5 or more dungeons with all the associated ring-ins on getting keys, strengths and mods of bosses and lessers bosses) as well as a doom guide which covers a multitude of monsters and for each type of template a dif strategy for actual 'playing' would be a dogs breakfast of a thread to read. To have a thread like that with pics, maps, info on all those areas would be a graphic hog or if no graphics a totally boring thing to wade through, especially if looking for one or two particular bits of info, not to mention the 'accuracy' of whatever is posted and the skill of the writer and knowledge of the writer.

If I want that kinda info, I know where I am going to look, and it won't be on our shard forum, sorry lol.

G

Whatever the intent I don't see anything wrong with the stratics guides that exist now on doom and peerless, two of the ones I linked to above. Am really kind of confused as to what more info is actually available, for it to go onto stratics noone from atlantic is going to want to be bored with anything Oceania specific, that is if there was anything specific to Oceania in these areas, which I doubt. There are already areas on those stratics sites for user comments so *puzzled*.

Anyways, if someone wants to volunteer good on em. LOL

G

for a newbie what is there is very short and not very helpful for what to do or how to equip yourself for the battle ahead.

you may understand it because you have done it a million times, but there are others that have never done it and would like more information on these, hence the guides from start to finish or doom/peerless would be a positive.

G

Ive already started on a quest guide in sanctuary *so fun cough*
If i get time i will be writing others.

G

<blockquote><hr>

for a newbie what is there is very short and not very helpful for what to do or how to equip yourself for the battle ahead.

you may understand it because you have done it a million times, but there are others that have never done it and would like more information on these, hence the guides from start to finish or doom/peerless would be a positive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, however no newbie is going to head into those places alone, to do peerless or doom they will no doubt go with a guild or a few mates when they are tough enough, who I would imagine will give them the info they need. As I am doing with my 'newbie' guild. Having a bunch of newbies in my guild atm who have not done peerless or doom has pretty much shown me that the only way for a newbie to start in those areas is with someone who knows what they are doing, as each character has to be assessed to see which 'team' is best to take in when working with newer players and then given instructions on what to expect, what to do when they are in there, what they need to do if they die or get into trouble etc, and none of this would ever be explained in a 'guide' as it would depend on the skills of the people in there.

Most true newbies will not even venture into those areas unless they have the company of those who know what they are doing. The only way to 'learn' any of this stuff is to go with people who know what they are doing to start with. Even those of us who have played for ages generally get wiped when something new comes into game, eg, when peerless first came in a lot of us felt it was 'impossible' at the time until we did it a few times and 'learnt' from experience, even tho we read everything available at the time, it was only 'doing' it that gave you the edge and experimenting with dif templates to find the best 'fit'. Just because I prefer a spellweaving mage to do dreadhorn, if there is no tamer along I will take a tamer etc.

The only effective way to learn anything is to 'do it' reading anything more than a brief 'guide' which already exists is not going to really assist anyone as all templates are different as well as an individuals stats and gear. In fact a lot of 'guides' out there actually put people off going and having an attempt as when they hear 'just take your 120 bushy warrior in vamp form and a superslayer xyz yadda yadda' kinda stuff they realise they don't have half of what the 'experts' use so don't think they are even able to go.

I am not saying guides aren't good, or trying to knock your attempt on the forum Ovr, just saying I don't see a need for stuff that already exists in the appropriate places. I would rather see effort going into things that 'don't' already exist rather than areas that do.

Such as the importance of the virtues, why it is good to maintain them, where they are used, how and the most effective way to get them up and keep them up etc etc. or something on building effective armor suits etc and how to balance a suit for the type of fighting you do etc etc. What is good to have or not good to have and why. Perfect examples of this need are a lot of my 'newbs' who when I started with them were dressed in med and non med bits with crap resists who saw everyone running round in stormgrips etc and thought they 'had to have' those things to be able to be effective which they don't.

I can think of a lot of areas that need 'info or guides' written that are probably not covered anywhere which would be much more 'effective and useful' for new players, and I see more of a need for a 'vet' index on this forum for new players on our shard, where vets who are willing would put their contact details up to assist new players with 1:1 info on questions they may have. I for one would be willing to shove my hand up for that kind of thing, but not to do stuff that is already out there.

Anyways, I don't mind if someone wants to do this, it makes no difference to me, the only thing I find is unless stuff is 'stock standard' and based on factual information, then you really only get the writers 'opinion' on how they 'do it' which may or may not be the best way of going about something and may depend on stuff outside of what the 'reader' has etc ie scrolled up, armor, gear, etc.
Good Luck with it anyways!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Such as the importance of the virtues, why it is good to maintain them, where they are used, how and the most effective way to get them up and keep them up etc etc.

[/ QUOTE ]
Can I add to there - yes please, someone write that! The virtues confuse the crap out of me, and it doesnt matter how many times I've read all the stuff I could find on them, I still dont really understand why I want to work them up, or how to, or how to use them... or, well, anything about them really =P

G

Echo we get it, You do not think its a good idea, you have already written guides and do not wish to do it again or to share the guides you have already written with stratics except in link form as you have them posted on your site and you want it to have the credit for them and the site having them.......we get it and understand, it is your work and you can do with it as you see fit.

But like you said to Jedi does not mean others have to agree with you and it is clear others have different opinion, and would like to see the guides sticked and written out in one easy to find location for new and old players in one community without having to go all over the web to find them.

Katlene if I can give you a hand with the guides let me know even if its just to proof read for you, I am not a peerless expert infact I can count the number of peerless I have done on one hand. But I can tell you if it is easy to read and follow.

I will also ask some poc people who are more familiar with peerless if they would consider writing a guide, just let me know which ones you are going to do Katlene so we do not get doubles.

Maybe Agathe (sorry if that is the wrong spelling) would consider updating her Doom guide also...of course give her some time to settle back into the game again.

G

So Echo should shut up and stop posting that she doesn't agree with it then? Because that's how the top half of your post reads to me - you don't want to hear a dissenting voice? Maybe it's that text communication problem again - just seems to me that it was totally unnecessary to even mention her post.

Probably same as it was unnecessary for me to mention this. Just seems there's a real lot of people having "digs" at others all over the forums lately. It doesn't make for a nice atmosphere on here lately.

G

Amathist you are NOT a forum mod, nor do you have any right to put your venomous replies to anything I post. Making trolling innuendo as you always do such as:

" Echo we get it, You do not think its a good idea, you have already written guides and do not wish to do it again or to share the guides you have already written with stratics except in link form as you have them posted on your site and you want it to have the credit for them and the site having them.......we get it and understand, it is your work and you can do with it as you see fit."

Ovrkill asked for 'views' I have given my view and where responded to have then discussed further my points as I have every right to do. If they do not agree with yours so be it, I am entitled to a view without the need to defend it from forum trolls.

You on the other hand have NO RIGHT to state false innuendo like that above or troll this forum as you constantly do. For your information I have done more for stratics and the community in the way of guides than you have had hot dinners. I share all guides I have written, and those I think need to be on stratics have been submitted to stratics such as:

KR new player guide so before you claim I do not wish to share then suggest you get your facts right first.

The other stuff I do is shared and of value to anyone who clicks on my siggy, and give the thousand or more hits I have had since November I would suggest a lot of people appreciate what I do.

I do not get paid for what I do, nor do I care about your opinion. I am just heartily fed up of the trolling you do to each of my posts. The reason I do things on MY site is that it is MY site, and there is no point in me having a site if it is empty. Nor do I wish to have to wait for uploads and vetting and approval from stratics every time there is a patch on KR to get up to date and accurate information LIVE to the players who want it yesterday not in 4 weeks.

How about you keep your opinions to yourself if they concern me from now on. I am not interested in anything you have to say.

G

There was no venom and there was no trolling and I did not say she should shut up.....however the last 3 posts by Miss Echo have all pretty much repeated the same thing so I assumed she did not feel understood so I let her know that she was.

And sorry Echo but I have every right to an opinion just as you have...I did not state anything false I simply repeated what you said in my own words so you knew you where understood if you took that in a negative manor then perhaps reread your posts. Or step away from your on prejudice because I did not say anything wrong false or incorrect or even negative to-wards you, that is how you chose to take it.

The not sharing information was in response to your comment about already writing them and not doing it again...not in reference to you not giving links as you always do.

As for not wanting to read my comments ....DON"T put me on ignore or make your own forums what ever but I have every right to comment here just as you do.

And teeshy I thought you knew me better then that but it seems you also took my post in a negative form, I can only guess because you know of my differences with Echo or the fact that it was in text base but there was no attack on her just the simple fact that "SHE WAS UNDERSTOOD" no need to repeat it again and again.

my opinion and I am entitled to it just like echo, if she chooses it to be a flame so be it but I feel her skin is perhaps a little thin and her judgment is perhaps warped on the situation.

G

Probably the text thing then - I've said many times I suck at text communication =P - cos each time I re-read it it "sounds" negative to me =) (and I dont really know anything about your differences, aside from reading the forums and realising that you wouldn't exactly be on Echo's Christmas Card list =P)

Incidentally, it's why I overuse smilies - I want to make sure that how my posts "read" is how I think them in my head =P

G

RTLFC

<blockquote><hr>

I know ill go and click on the convieniant thread up the top of forums, then click on the peerless guides and then read about travisty! hurray that was easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

UO Adventurer

There's an entire professional forum set up for these type of guides. People tend to forget that Oceania isn't the root of the entire UOStratics subsite, just one of the many shard forums. There's a whole world of resources out there.

I think any sticky post here referencing peerless, doom, pvp (or other generic topics already covered by other guides &amp; forums) should contain only information specific to Oceania, not entire essays on those topics. I think one post ought to cover it, call it a Visitor's Guide, add points of interest, pvp idiosyncrasies, low-population issues, comments on trade, housing availability, etc. Basically a reader's digest of our shard.

(btw: if I were Echo, I'd be proud of my contributions to UO too
)
(ps: taking a stab at Teeshy is like kicking a puppy
)

G

I suggest YOU reread my posts. Each incorporates different content and ideas. As for you not being able to have an opinion, show me where I have said differently. I made no reference to anything you said but was responding to Ovrkill. It was YOU who was telling me what to do not the other way round.

There is no other way to take this statement (troll) by you in any other possible way than in a negative manner:

" Echo we get it, You do not think its a good idea, you have already written guides and do not wish to do it again or to share the guides you have already written with stratics except in link form as you have them posted on your site and you want it to have the credit for them and the site having them.......we get it and understand, it is your work and you can do with it as you see fit."

In fact if anyone reading this thread could take that statement in any positive way at all I would surely like to know.

You are basically saying in your opinion you do not wish to hear a differing view hence: " Echo we get it.... You do not think its a good idea" so in other words "shut up" as Teeshy
so eloquently put it, as she read it the same way 95% of people would, as did I, and as you intended.

You then say "you have already written guides and do not wish to do it again or to share the guides you have already written with stratics " which firstly I did NOT say. I said I didn't think it was worth anyone's time writing guides that already exist. Nor did I say I do not wish to write guides. Where you got that idea from lord only knows, given I spent all day doing a page on 'bed construction' in my deco area n my site, that is now shared with any uo player who wants to read it,. It is then also 'false' regarding guides I have already written, I provided you a link to a very lengthy guide on KR that took me weeks of work and was submitted to stratics as imo it was of more value there than on my site, even tho it was my work. I do not just provide 'links' as you infer.

You then go onto imply that I do what I do for some kind of 'credit' well sorry, If I wished to do that I wouldn't have put anything on the wiki's that I have done, all the stuff I did for uostuff.com now on uoguide.com on all the crafting recipes introduced with Mondain's legacy, all the carpentry menu items, 95% of the pages on collectibles dating back to the 6th anniversary, the furniture collections etc etc. Nor would the KR new player guide have been submitted to stratics if my motive was to get the 'credit'.

Do not turn round after that troll on me and try to make out it was anything different to what it was. I have a very good understanding of the English language.

And as for this little gem:

my opinion and I am entitled to it just like echo, if she chooses it to be a flame so be it but I feel her skin is perhaps a little thin and her judgment is perhaps warped on the situation.

I never made comment on your right to have an opinion on any subject as you did to me. I just advised you that your false opinion of my 'motivations' were an outright troll and of no value to me but were more a personal attack.That is the ONLY opinion of yours I have stated you have no right to make. This new sentence by you claiming I have flamed you and making comment on your opinion of my judgment is just another personal attack on me which it seems you cannot contain yourself from doing.

Sorry Amathist, I do not take kindly to the out and out trolls that you have been perpetuating on me for weeks. I will not just sit here and let you get away with them time and time again. I have better literacy skills than some you play this particular game with so it won't wash down as easily with me as it does some others. You wish to attack then fine, attack, but do not expect me to pretend it is other than what everyone with any basic language skills can see it is, plain as day. We are not all dumb. I will call you out each and every time you do it until you desist. So I suggest you refrain from making any comment on anything I post seeing you do not have the self control to talk issues rather than make backhanded personal comments against people and your entirely 'warped' view of their motivations.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Echo Wrote:

I don't care either way how it operates but feel it would be a waste of time for someone to re write doom and peerless guides when all the info is already comprehensively covered on those other sites. If someone here does anything differently they they can post in the sticky thread.

Guilds etc who do say 'dreadhorn' regularly could list the days they do it and a contact person in that thread as well.

Just my view.

[/ QUOTE ]

Translates to – it would be a waste of time to rewrite them and I would not wish to do it, as this is just my view…….am I wrong in that assumption echo?

<blockquote><hr>

Echo Also Wrote:

I certainly wouldn't as why recreate what is already available in a comprehensive form.

Echo continues to say:
If I want that kinda info, I know where I am going to look, and it won't be on our shard forum, sorry lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Translates to – I do not like this idea and I will use my site as I put all the hard work in there…again am I wrong? Since you have a grasp of the English language, read the words for what they are do not try to twist them.

All I said is that you where understood we got the point you did not like the idea, you did not agree with the idea, and you would not be contributing by re writing any of your guides……and after you said this about three times in different ways I replied and told you that you where understood…nothing more nothing less.

I never said shut up I never said do not have an opinion I just simply stated that your opinion was heard the first 3 times no need to say it any more, as it is understood and its your work do with it as you see fit.

As my post before that one stated I wanted to hear from those who had not yet spoken and given there idea.

I also never attacked you, or put down any of your contributions to the community infact I even said you gave links to your guides….I really do not know what else you want me to say on the subject, you went on to details your accomplishments and publications and that’s great fantastic for you but it still does not change the fact that you have expressed a) you do not like this idea b) you do not wish to re write information or do another guide for the thread.

As for you not saying I had a right to an opinion no, you decided to say I had no right to express an opinion on anything YOU say……….cause that’s a huge difference on a public forum.

<blockquote><hr>

Echo Said:
How about you keep your opinions to yourself if they concern me from now on. I am not interested in anything you have to say.

[/ QUOTE ]

And as I said if this is how you feel ignore me do not respond to me, make your own forums what ever it takes to make you happy. But I am a member of the community just like you, and just like you I have a right to comment.

You are the one that went on the attack not me, you are the one dragging it on even after I explained it was not an attack but a mere statement and in fact a clarification for you and acknowledgement to your posts as I wanted you to know YOU HAD BEEN UNDERSTOOD.

Here is what I said just so you can now read it one more time and understand it as I have explained my intent and thought process behind it :-

<blockquote><hr>

Amathist Said:
Echo we get it, You do not think its a good idea, you have already written guides and do not wish to do it again or to share the guides you have already written with stratics except in link form as you have them posted on your site and you want it to have the credit for them and the site having them.......we get it and understand, it is your work and you can do with it as you see fit.

[/ QUOTE ]

And just so we are clear now Echo so you can not miss interoperate anything I say…..I call a spade a spade if I wished you to shut up I would have said it. It is really that simple. I would not have said you have been heard I also would not have said it was your work and you have a right to do with it as you see fit, I would not have said you often give links. Simply I would not have given you those acknowledgements if my intent was in malic or an attack. I would have simply said you’re an idiot shut up already. BUT I DIDN’T and in my grasp of the English language that is a huge difference.

I have explained my intent and feelings behind my post what you choose to believe you choose to believe but that wont change the truth of it, as I said before and I will say again perhaps you should put aside your own prejudices against me and take the words for what they are and not what you feel they mean and perhaps put on a jumper so you thin skin is not so easy to prick. &lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt; yes the last was a sarcastic dig, just so we are clear.

Fink – I was also not kicking Teeshy if that was aimed at me, I was just simply informing her that she was wrong in her interpretation and that I was surprised as she does know me. And I like her so I would not kick her.

Ovrkill: Sorry for the derail it was not my intent despite what is being accused of me and I think if you read the posts you can see that. Especially when I am one keen for this idea and wish to help if I can.

<font color="red">Can we now get back on track and actually focus on the thread as it was intended and that is to get OPINIONS FROM EVERYONE, not just the same ones over and over.</font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

Translates to – it would be a waste of time to rewrite them and I would not wish to do it, as this is just my view…….am I wrong in that assumption echo?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope it is what I said, and my opinion, if I write a guide I do it on things that don't already 'exist' or that are not covered comprehensively enough, and would prefer to see new things rather than dredging up stuff that is already there. And frankly it is a waste of time to rewrite them unless there is new content or anything different or changed from what is already there, which there is not. BTW it isn't a translation given you are just quoting what I said directly and I make no apology for the view as it is MY view.

<blockquote><hr>

Translates to – I do not like this idea and I will use my site as I put all the hard work in there…again am I wrong? Since you have a grasp of the English language, read the words for what they are do not try to twist them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Totally incorrect. If I want info on peerless or doom I go to stratics or uoguide.com (the links I provided) where both are fully covered already. It has nothing to do with my site nor the content on my site. That is your 'warped' translation, not mine. I suggest you go back and re read what was written.

<blockquote><hr>

All I said is that you where understood we got the point you did not like the idea, you did not agree with the idea, and you would not be contributing by re writing any of your guides……and after you said this about three times in different ways I replied and told you that you where understood…nothing more nothing less.

I never said shut up I never said do not have an opinion I just simply stated that your opinion was heard the first 3 times no need to say it any more, as it is understood and its your work do with it as you see fit.

As my post before that one stated I wanted to hear from those who had not yet spoken and given there idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this is where you go totally wrong, firstly it is not up to you to moderate what I say on this board, how dare you.

Anyone has access to post to this thread IF THEY WISH, so it doesn't matter what or who YOU want to hear from. If people wish to post they are free to do so and there is nothing stopping them. If I wish to expand on my 'view' on the topic that is MY right and has nothing to do with you at all, and certainly you have NO right to tell me that you have heard enough.

# My first post said I think that stuff is already covered on the links I provided on both stratics and other sites. And that specific info on any dungeon, monster etc can be asked as a normal forum thread if anyone wants to know anything further or shard specific.

# My second post was in reply to Ovr, and added suggestions to the discussion on adding links to oceania specific sites for events, guild websites, rather than dungeon guide which are ALREADY WRITTEN and only require a link as the detailed information is already comprehensively covered elsewhere, including on stratics, which Fink has also pointed out a couple of times.

# My third post was in response to Finks question, and added the fact that to include EFFECTIVE and INFORMATIVE guides for at least 6 dungeons as well as Doom in any one thread would be totally overloaded and not an effective way to find any information of any detail and not a great way to provide guides for anyone after any detailed information.

# My last post was again in response to Ovr, stating my views on what types of things new players need in addition to the already comprehensive guides already out there detailing everything from monster hps to locations to maps and explaining that a new player needs mentoring in game rather than additional guides. I also suggested a need for a 'vet' contact area so that 1:1 assistance that is shard specific could be put in and possible 'other' guides that would be of more benefit to a new player than rehashed guides already covered. I also said I would happily volunteer to put my hand up for that. I also stated quite clearly Anyways, I don't mind if someone wants to do this, it makes no difference to me.

The fact that you can read those posts and only see one thing and ignore the other content is not my fault. That is your problem.

Other than say 'I agree' with Ovr, and this would be 'nice', may I ask exactly what discussion YOU have contributed to this thread? All I see is your failed attack on me which I called you out on. Anyone reading your comment can see clearly you were fully intending a dig at me. My site and what guides I do or don't do have nothing to do with this thread other than the fact that you decided to put your 'own' translation to my motivations in replying to my comments addressed to others and points raised by them. And the word is 'misinterpret' not 'miss interoperate' and I certainly did not misinterpret the intent nor content of your statement.

<blockquote><hr>

Amathist Said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that fully, and understand that you don't like being called out on it when you know full well what intent was behind it as I do. The fact you now try to back out by saying you have 'explained' what you meant doesn't fool anyone. And I was quoting Teeshy when she said you were basically saying 'shut up'. Funny how more than one of us read that as it was actually intended isn't it, even though you now try to back away and make out that I am flaming you. LOL you really must think everyone is dense.

You did NOT reply to nor discuss anything I said in my posts, you tried to turn it into a troll and an attack on me with that quote, as Teeshy also pointed out she didn't know why.

And I will say again, How about you keep your opinions to yourself if they concern ME from now on. I am not interested in anything you have to say.

The key word there is ME, if you wish logical discussion that has to do with the TOPIC go ahead, just don't say to me that I don't want to write guides, that I don't share my stuff, or that I only do thing because I want some kind of aggrandisment or credit which is what you were implying in your statement and then expect me or anyone to believe that is on 'topic' or even in response to some I point raised. You may be a fool, but I am not, and neither are the majority of board readers here.

And like I stated, you cannot contain yourself and need to include personal attacks again

"perhaps you should put aside your own prejudices against me and take the words for what they are and not what you feel they mean and perhaps put on a jumper so you thin skin is not so easy to prick."

If you wish to start something, I will call you out on it. It has nothing to do with thin skin, but actually challenging a person who feels she has the right to troll others at will as you have done to me in each of the few threads I have posted to in the last month or so. I have not once addressed you first in any of those threads and I suggest the moderators on this board will clearly see who on each occasion has resorted to personal insults and innuendo, and I know full well it isn't me. I suggest again that you desist.

G

ok kids, we had enough yet ??? *chuckle*

peerless and doom only please.

The peerless guide on stratics is shocking, the doom guide is all over the shop as well. They are both a pain in the butt to go through, but if i were to write a guide for peerless or doom, i would take advantage of whats on stratics as well with the hunters guide and making links to it. Like i said, if you wish to write one of those guides then it is to be clear and smooth, any relation to oceania will be kept ONLY on our thread, which fink has also pointed out, and listed under the links to the the guides.

The pvp guide is special to oce, listing of fav haunts of guilds, play styles and different groups with which to learn from as well as whats already in the one that is already stickied at the top, which needs to be rewritten. Yes i know the pvp guide is not needed, but i feel that doing one for our shard will be of great benefit, and if i remember correctly, when the last one was posted and stickied at the top of our forum, it received a lot of criticism, but it also helped a LOT of players delve into PVP because it was seen here and written for people of this shard. Who can correct me if im wrong with that statement ?? i dont think any of you can.

And yes fink you are right, this is to be a welcome to Oceania player guide thread as well as helping out stratics with more concise guides for peerless and doom, which im sure could be very well written by many people on our shard.

So for all those big talkers in this thread with their opinions and criticism (shock horror!?!?!?!?!?!?), put your arguments aside and show the rest of us that what you can create with the help of others, not just turn this and every other thread into a downhill sledging match where no one wins in the end.

Sheeeesh! try and make us, as a community, work together and help each other and new players enjoy their stay with us result in this ? I didnt think that was the Oceania i know ?!?!? or am i wrong ?!?!?

G

So if it's going to be a welcome to Oceania type thing, can we have information on some of the other stuff Fink was suggesting too? If you want to leave the "guides" to just Doom and Peerless, that's fine (though please, somebody, somewhere, write a guide about the virtues that I can understand
) but could we have things like Oce museums, rune libraries, points of interest etc?

I realise rune libraries and museums may actually already be covered by the sticky in the trade forum, but newbies arent necessarily going to look there (in fact there's not a lot listed there, so maybe vets don't look there so much either?) But all of that stuff would be interesting, heck, I still don't know hardly any places, and I've been *playing* a year now! (I only just learned of the rune library on south luna in this past couple of months =P)

Fink - Me? A puppy? *chuckles and makes puppy dog eyes* Nahhh...

G

Echo - *sigh* WHAT EVER, get over it. I have explained you do not care for the explanation. And have twisted what I said to believe what you want to....so deal with that.

No one can convince you other wise so if that is what you wish to believe do so, I do not really care and certainly will not loose sleep over your view on what I have said or what you think about me.

And will continue to post as I see fit and need to, if you do not like that do not read them.

<blockquote><hr>

Ovrkil said
ok kids, we had enough yet ??? *chuckle*

peerless and doom only please.

The peerless guide on stratics is shocking, the doom guide is all over the shop as well. They are both a pain in the butt to go through, but if i were to write a guide for peerless or doom, i would take advantage of whats on stratics as well with the hunters guide and making links to it. Like i said, if you wish to write one of those guides then it is to be clear and smooth, any relation to oceania will be kept ONLY on our thread, which fink has also pointed out, and listed under the links to the the guides.

The pvp guide is special to oce, listing of fav haunts of guilds, play styles and different groups with which to learn from as well as whats already in the one that is already stickied at the top, which needs to be rewritten. Yes i know the pvp guide is not needed, but i feel that doing one for our shard will be of great benefit, and if i remember correctly, when the last one was posted and stickied at the top of our forum, it received a lot of criticism, but it also helped a LOT of players delve into PVP because it was seen here and written for people of this shard. Who can correct me if im wrong with that statement ?? i dont think any of you can.

And yes fink you are right, this is to be a welcome to Oceania player guide thread as well as helping out stratics with more concise guides for peerless and doom, which im sure could be very well written by many people on our shard.

So for all those big talkers in this thread with their opinions and criticism (shock horror!?!?!?!?!?!?), put your arguments aside and show the rest of us that what you can create with the help of others, not just turn this and every other thread into a downhill sledging match where no one wins in the end.

Sheeeesh! try and make us, as a community, work together and help each other and new players enjoy their stay with us result in this ? I didnt think that was the Oceania i know ?!?!? or am i wrong ?!?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Your correct completely Ovrkil and as I have already said it was not my intent, and simply replied to miss echo to explain what started as I figured a misinterpretation, I now see she does not care for explanation and believes as she wishes so I will no longer bother because it is pointless. I should have just let her think as she wishes from the start rather then clarify and derail the thread.

I am not expert on PVP, Doom or Peerless, but I am willing to help Katlene with the guides she is attempting if I can.

I am also willing to compile some hints, tips and tricks for new players that start on Oceania? Although I do not think this would really be shard only focused as it does not really have strategy behind it but more general information and hints on getting started. And just would not be as much benifit as the peerless guides or doom update.

Other wise I will pass the thread on to some guild members who do hunt in the locations and may have some strategies to share with the shard.They have all been right into peerless hunts of late.

G

I found the content in these posts a lot easier to read and debate as the two ladies exchange views than a lot of other male interactions this is healthy and great for the forum
Now since you started this Ovrkill you are grounded for 2 weeks lol

G

Aggy with the doom guide, the lure to the moongate doesnt happen anymore and the DF has necromancy now *cursed blood oath* there might be some other things to, ive not been over much since all the changes. Might have to aswell seeing as the drop rate changed!

G

LOL even after Ovr says enough you still need to continue, well he can deal with you, I will leave it alone as he requested. Just because you quote him does not negate the fact you then continue to make further flames and trolls in that very post. *shakes head walks away*

G

<blockquote><hr>

LOL even after Ovr says enough you still need to continue, well he can deal with you, I will leave it alone as he requested. Just because you quote him does not negate the fact you then continue to make further flames and trolls in that very post. *shakes head walks away*

[/ QUOTE ]

*laughs* you do reallize how IRONIC this post is don't you? POT KETTLE BOTH BLACK.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

<font color="red">Back to the Thread</font>

I have just asked on the poc forums for interest in the guide writing while there I noticed some that high council members had writen for our guild, I will ask if they mind me sharing the information, as they were also writen when poc was a small guild so the tactics as such may benifit newer players and guilds.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I found the content in these posts a lot easier to read and debate as the two ladies exchange views than a lot of other male interactions this is healthy and great for the forum
Now since you started this Ovrkill you are grounded for 2 weeks lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwwwww! but, but, Uncle Farscape!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

So if it's going to be a welcome to Oceania type thing, can we have information on some of the other stuff Fink was suggesting too? If you want to leave the "guides" to just Doom and Peerless, that's fine (though please, somebody, somewhere, write a guide about the virtues that I can understand
) but could we have things like Oce museums, rune libraries, points of interest etc?

I realise rune libraries and museums may actually already be covered by the sticky in the trade forum, but newbies arent necessarily going to look there (in fact there's not a lot listed there, so maybe vets don't look there so much either?) But all of that stuff would be interesting, heck, I still don't know hardly any places, and I've been *playing* a year now! (I only just learned of the rune library on south luna in this past couple of months =P)

Fink - Me? A puppy? *chuckles and makes puppy dog eyes* Nahhh...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Teeshy, i agree... this will take a lot of work, and I will create the thread and its listings, but i wont do that untill i start getting information and guides to use for it. Want this to be as newbie/vet friendly as possible and to make it stand out that Oceania is the place to be.

F

five oclock

Dang..I can see alot of good lawyers in the making here.

I do have a question tho. You are trying to make a helpful hints book on doom and peerless for newbies. Ok bad idea. Seriously folks. For ALOT of the peerlesses they do require a party. Some high skills and good armor/weapons and spells. And people who know how to use them all.

For Example. Doing the Dreadhorn. Perfect for 5 people. 2 doggies, 1 bettle and a nightmarre if possible, a meat shield, a mage and a the tamer/vet.

Ok with this alone you need a meat shield with At LEAST Gm Swords. A tamer with at LEAST GM taming for the doggies etc etc.

For Vets this is a great idea.

For newbies tho. Why not do hunts like in the old places. Explain Liches and dragons. heck Even paragons in Ish. Now they drop Food stuff and still a chance at a minor arty. There are tons of places to hunt in ish either with a party of solo...that will help out newbies and and still give them the chance to feel the thrill of the chase..or running from a train of monsters. hehehe.

Just me two cents. Also hope this is on the subject. it this is not on the subject Ill delete it then

Just remember tho Peerless and Doom is not the main part of this game
but a big part of it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Politicians imo. In their minds they 'know' they are right, but noone else really listens to what they are going on about

F

five oclock

What was that??? Didn't hear ya. :p

All in all honesty tho...making books for Vets a very good idea. Just the time and effort to do it tho...

Why not just take Vets out and do a shard hunt.. Maybe do an All day Sunday Shard hunt for the Dreadhorn or something like that. I can't remember how many people can do a peerless at one time. but there are 5 peerlesses tho.

This way you can tell Vets the best way to take down the beasts and also show them first hand hints and skill. Instead of reading it. Show them it. Plus it gives everyone in the hunt a chance to get loot.

This is just a rough draft is all.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Politicians imo. In their minds they 'know' they are right, but noone else really listens to what they are going on about

[/ QUOTE ]

Lies! Everyone loves listening to me!