• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone else get excited at Mesanna's new tameable musing?

Jynxx

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lady Mesanna: Greetings
Frost: I have 2 things. first new tamables. something cool, not a turtle.
Lady Mesanna: got it
Frost: really?
Lady Mesanna: yes we already have our little heads together coming up with things
Frost: like a shaow wrym
Lady Mesanna: we can give you a baby shadow =P
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if she was just joking, but the idea of taking a drake and making it ethereal sounds awesome to me. Call it a juvenile shadow wyrm or even a shadow drake. Don't even care if it is just another form of a Greater Dragon, although I'd prefer it keep it's necromancy ability :) I'd just love another choice.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lady Mesanna: Greetings
Frost: I have 2 things. first new tamables. something cool, not a turtle.
Lady Mesanna: got it
Frost: really?
Lady Mesanna: yes we already have our little heads together coming up with things
Frost: like a shaow wrym
Lady Mesanna: we can give you a baby shadow =P
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure if she was just joking, but the idea of taking a drake and making it ethereal sounds awesome to me. Call it a juvenile shadow wyrm or even a shadow drake. Don't even care if it is just another form of a Greater Dragon, although I'd prefer it keep it's necromancy ability :) I'd just love another choice.
Hope they come with more stabe slots. :(

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice!

I'd really like the whole skill set to see a reintroduction of tactics.

Dragons are bad ass, I get it. But an experienced tamer should have more than one effective tool, and be able to derive some sense of satisfaction from knowing what the job at hand is, and being familiar with all the tools in the toolbox.

I also think the corruption nerf went way too far, and there was never anything of value added to take the place of what had been lost.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unless its more powerful then a GD then is it worth it?
Equivalent but different would do. We need more pets with different offensive capabilities that live longer than 2 hits against anything more than a mongbat.

Give them the hit points and resists of the greater dragons:
Greater White wyrms=better casting/no firebreath
Greater Rune beetles=armor corruption & poison
Shadow wyrm=Necro spells and fire breath

Could go on and on... But the point is... Most people don't use a greater dragon because of its offensive skills (not that they are really bad), but because they can keep them alive.

If you want an example, take a rune beetle and a tiger and try to solo Virtuebane and see how long either one lives...

Dixie chessy/legends

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
i think every animal should be able to be as tough as a dragon.. we live in a realm of magic, not like anything has to be limited to its real world ties ......why couldnt i capture the essence of a greater dragon somehow and bestow it on my Skree ...... "there is a perfectly good system like this on the shards that shant be named" we could totally steal that....

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would like a Panda Bear with greater dragon stats. I shall name it "Mad Panda" , and sometimes "Happy Panda", and laugh and laugh.
Please and thank you =)

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think every animal should be able to be as tough as a dragon.. we live in a realm of magic, not like anything has to be limited to its real world ties ......why couldnt i capture the essence of a greater dragon somehow and bestow it on my Skree ...... "there is a perfectly good system like this on the shards that shant be named" we could totally steal that....
What an awesome solution! With a Identifying tag to keep it fair. A great way to personalize as well.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
so easy to do things with my tamer, I never die. I hope they have more tameables but don't make them more powerful than gd. it will just make more work for devs, revamp, nerf balance etc... so many tamers, multis char use now at events. what fun lol.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I would like to see more and better pets with pack instinct. mares etc

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I would like a Panda Bear with greater dragon stats. I shall name it "Mad Panda" , and sometimes "Happy Panda", and laugh and laugh.
Please and thank you =)
No Pandas in UO...... Panda's are for WoW.... we don't want that here. If you want Pokemon play WoW.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No Pandas in UO...... Panda's are for WoW.... we don't want that here. If you want Pokemon play WoW.
Ahem.....

Panda's are cute fluffy bears that live in China. WoW has a panda race, but of course that is completely unrelated to UO. Also completely unrelated to pokemon.
You say "we" but me as a player is part of that "we" and I think pandas would be fun in UO!

Personally I would love to see panda's wandering around the Tokuno islands. Japan does have zoo's with panda's, so it would fit the Samuri Empire theme rather well in my opinion!

So I stand by my original request. Panda's please!!!!

:heart:

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still watch Pokémon cartoons.............. Gravity Falls......... The Amazing Adventures of Gumball................ more stuff when I have time lol :p

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I still watch Pokémon cartoons.............. Gravity Falls......... The Amazing Adventures of Gumball................ more stuff when I have time lol :p
I still play the original games in my GBC (second one because the 1st one was lost to my mom. She got hooked on Pokemon Red and I didn't have the heart to ask for it back).
And when I gifted my nephew and niece with brand new 2DSes, they've got Pokemon X and Y with it. I was with them when they made the most important decision of their lives! And... they both picked fire starters. Never before I have felt so betrayed in my life! Everyone knows that water starters are the way to go! How come none of them are water type users like me? :p

But I digress... Let me get back on track.
As a warrior, I can swiftly switch to a more appropriate weapon to face whatever new development that happens in the hunting with a single click of a button.
Why can't I have ways to quickly switch my pets around so I can respond better to new situations when I am hunting with my tamer?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
No no no , Giggles. *shakes head*

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
In before Gargoyles become a playable race in WoW, and Pikachu is the skin they use for the rainbow horde minion in EC!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love Gravity Falls...not a big fan of Uncle Grandpa though..

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

LOL I hate Uncle Grandpa. Gravity Falls last show is on Monday night I believe.

Now to UO so we don't get a warning for derailing the thread with all our real life cartoon discussions :p

They should make a tameable that any other char can use besides a tamer. Say a wolf (only need jack of all trades human) can be tamed and help fight with a warrior or mage. Doesn't have to be over powering but can help in battle or help heal a player with its howl.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
LOL I hate Uncle Grandpa. Gravity Falls last show is on Monday night I believe.

Now to UO so we don't get a warning for derailing the thread with all our real life cartoon discussions :p

They should make a tameable that any other char can use besides a tamer. Say a wolf (only need jack of all trades human) can be tamed and help fight with a warrior or mage. Doesn't have to be over powering but can help in battle or help heal a player with its howl.
You can have a boura I think....

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I said wolf.

Boura is just plain ugly.

Vollem used them before and stupid imo.

A wolf would be so much better for a non tamer character. Takes up 2 slots. Even Riddick had a dingo like creature.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I said wolf.

Boura is just plain ugly.

Vollem used them before and stupid imo.

A wolf would be so much better for a non tamer character. Takes up 2 slots. Even Riddick had a dingo like creature.
Oh I don't disagree a Dire Wolf would be awesome for non-tamer players. Dark Wolf, White Wolf, any of them...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are a ton of things I'd like to tame.. starting with Cranes in Tokuno... Dread spiders, Black Widow Spiders the Sentinal Spider in the underworld..... I'd like to tame the Fairy Dragons, Dread Warhorses... (wish we could have them back) Bane Dragons (would like them back too)... New colored Unicorns, Kirins, (with boosted skills)... Greater WW's, (A Cold based Greater would be great!)... I'd like to have new tamables that I could sell to Non-tamers... a stronger mount... I like the idea of taming wolves for folk, big cats would be nice... something stronger than the current ones. Maybe a large panther or something.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish we could control 3 mid grade pets at one time... Like 3 nightmares, bake kitsunes, or fire steeds

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Honestly I would like to see some of the current tamables buffed up before we add more. Rune beetle with more health? Yes please :)

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Honestly I would like to see some of the current tamables buffed up before we add more. Rune beetle with more health? Yes please :)

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
I agree I would like most all pets given a buff. Everything else in the game has gotten buffs and upgrades... most pets and such have not.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Vollems are essentially Nightmares that can't be ridden. Golems and Advanced Golems were also supposed to fill that role, but the fact that they can't bond (which also means you need to gate them around) and require Tinkering to heal (which has a long cooldown), makes them pointless. Iron Beetles are another tamable that anyone can control. Iron Beetle - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Vollems are essentially Nightmares that can't be ridden. Golems and Advanced Golems were also supposed to fill that role, but the fact that they can't bond (which also means you need to gate them around) and require Tinkering to heal (which has a long cooldown), makes them pointless. Iron Beetles are another tamable that anyone can control. Iron Beetle - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia
Iron
Yes but the Iron Beetles are useless.

Mina_Lino

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm hoping for...either ponies or kittens ^_^
(like a tiger or panter or leopard , ect.. or a nightmare/dreadsteed v2.0 but not ridable and yet as powerful as a greater dragon)

And instead of beetles for crafter chars...why not a heavy draft pony?

PONIES !!!

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well last night they took back the falls. Sad though it was the last episode. My daughter cried about 2 hours after it was over with. :( She said it was more than a show and it meant a lot to her. I will be buying her the 288 page “Gravity Falls: Journal 3”—a book that appears within the TV series and is an integral part of the Gravity Falls story—in July 2016.