• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

anyone else disapointed about the christmas gifts?

• Thread starter southeaststarwars
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Haven't gotten a chance to look at them yet. Were there gifts from prior years that you felt more enthusiastic about?

S

southeaststarwars

Haven't gotten a chance to look at them yet. Were there gifts from prior years that you felt more enthusiastic about?
to me snow is my fav. to have battles with tons people was fun as hell. but eggnog, rocking horses, and nutcrackers? i was hoping for something like snow rack that you can put on a house that actually worked and dropped snow, a Santa hat, elven deed that worked kinda like personal attendant that follows you around saying what ever you want then to say (without obscene words of course). by clicking on him and choosing it on the drop down option. red and green snow, that when hit the player turns the color of snow for a short period of time.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Someone in my guild received something kind of funny:

We think that it was an EM handing them out, but in disguise.

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Xmas gifts? I'm still not over the fact that none of my chars got any of the last aniversary gifts.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
That does suck. :(

Have you tried PMing Cal?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Soulstone frags were the best gift, the icy patch last year i liked, and people who like deco im sure liked the snow piles. Yeah this years were kinda meh, best thing about the gifts was if you got a neon box. But we could not get them at all, so no reason to complain. I would have loved the ugly holiday sweater tho.

What gets me tho is that never in the history of UO has any gift had anything to do with the non-christian holidays. (closest is generic "holiday")

T

Tazar

What gets me tho is that never in the history of UO has any gift had anything to do with the non-christian holidays. (closest is generic "holiday")
I think the "Light of the Winter Solstice Candles" from a few years back would qualify. Snow-globes, snow-flakes, snow-covered topiary, snow-balls... There were a lot that were simply "winter" themed rather than religious in nature.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
christmas trees are a decidedly non religious item. i can't think of anything being religious, just lots of secular christmas items.