• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone Collecting Trick Cloth from the Trick or Treat Tricks?

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been collecting the cloth from the times when i get tricked and change colors. I currently have 40 different piles, but ALOT look like they should combine. ANyone out htere doing the same and how many stacks are you looking at now?

TY

Attachments

M

Maltyr

I've been doing the same thing. So far, I have a box with 99 different piles of cloth in it.
Looking at the hues list with InsideUO, the trick-or-treat colors seem to be numbers 2499-2642, arranged in 12 sets of 12 half-identical colors. A gross amount of different colors to collect, and a real pain to gather enough for a bolt.

T

Tazar

While you are Trick-or-Treating, one of the tricks will turn your characters clothing and armor odd colors. While the clothing is an odd color, use a GM or better tailor and scissors to cut the clothing back into cloth and you will then have "Cut Cloth" of the odd color. Use the sewing kit's "Combine Cloth" option to turn it into folded cloth that will stack properly with others of the same exact color.

M

Maltyr

Yes, you lose your clothing, and you'll be going through a lot of cloth. I've been making a tattsuke-hakama, hakama, formal shirt, cloak, and a robe for each batch, which costs 76 cloth, and nets me 39 of the special cloth when cut up at 103 tailoring.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
absolutly have to have tailoring on same char with begging - no way to use 2 accounts. guess i may train this up for next year.

Lorddog

Z

Zippididooda

just GMed Begging tonight!
and just found out about the cloth, and have tailoring and begging!
How much can you cut up before it runs out?
and by the way, do the special begging items come from trick or treating or just targeted begging?
Thanks all, wish me luck!
*smiles*

T-Hunt

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you gain in begging by just trick or treating?
Or are the two seperate?

Would be nice to just go trick or treating and get begging gains...since you get begging items doing T&T

Milk/scarry cake/cookie items so far..

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes you do receive the begging items just from trick or treating. In order to get the begging item you need Gm Begging and you can either Beg for the items or just Trick Or Treat for them.

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Zipp

I have been getting 22 - 33 cloth per time.

I am using a Gargoyle and targeting Cloth Armor and a Fancey Robe - Cloth Arms, Chest, Legs, Kilt, and Wings. I get 4 - 6 cut each time it tricks. I use EC and am targeting each piece while on my paperdoll using scissors 6 times and storing each peice after I make it and put it on. You can cut the items right on your body.

There are others undressing to a salvage bag and salvaging all each time and getting upwards of 44 pieces using human clothing, I dont know what they are makng thow.

I have gahtered 99 different colors and am now only getting one or two new ones per every twelve or so stacks. I have a few colors upwards of 100 pieces.

I suggest you leave them in the square cut pieces and not combine them into folded cloth as folded they are harder to see what the special colors are.

Good luck only a few days left to get them :sad4:

TheGrimReefer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Attached is the 2 Tone cloth that I have Collected in a non-stop fashion for 4 days. Many people are getting the idea that there are more then 144 colors. At first I also thought this as I had over 200 colors. As soon as I started Combining them I ended up with the 144 colors in 12 colors and 12 shades each. If anyone has any they may think Im missing Please Post so we can get a true count of this cloth.

Attachments

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow TY for posting colors like i had them folded

Makes it kinda hard to see what the true colors will come out whne making somthing but should be interesting.

Anyhow I have about 100 stacks of various sizes on ATL if oyu owuld like somthing special made please drop me a PM or ICQ 100785156

Ill gladly make stuff for ya ALOT cheaper than anyone else probably.

:gee:

Again Grimm nice stash 4 days LMAO I am not that dedicated (insane - ee hheee)

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I posted this question in uo hall and didn't get an answer. I tend to be very cautious as I hate to lose my account or get others in trouble. I wanted to put Halloween
Cloth items( doublets) in a Halloween treat bag. Is this allowed? I wasn't sure if this counted as an exploit or if it counts as an Easter egg. Can anyone let me know

Last edited:

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted this question in uo hall and didn't get an answer. I tend to be very cautious as I hate to lose my account or get others in trouble. I wanted to put Halloween
Cloth items( doublets) in a Halloween treat bag. Is this allowed? I wasn't sure if this counted as an exploit or if it counts as an Easter egg. Can anyone let me know
I can't see where there is any harm in collecting the cloth. I'm sure they are aware of collectors doing for the past couple of years and could easily have
created a fix for it. It's not game altering as far as PVP or PVM, nor are they uhber rare. No one except the people in charge of the rules of the game could
answer your question with 100% accurcy.

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. :) I thought the cloth would probably be okay . It reminded mr of the seed oops where we could suddenly cross breed to get the cool colored hops, or like the 8 x 8 skill. I don't know if I will give the outfits, after all I don' t have the colors yet .

Lady Bleez

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Silly question probably, but is there a macro for putting the cloth directly into the salvage bag? If I have more then one thing on it tends to change back before I get it all in the bag. I am finding myself with just enough time for a robe. Scissors don't work on the colored clothing only the salvage bag. I wasn't here before but I understand that is new.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silly question probably, but is there a macro for putting the cloth directly into the salvage bag? If I have more then one thing on it tends to change back before I get it all in the bag. I am finding myself with just enough time for a robe. Scissors don't work on the colored clothing only the salvage bag. I wasn't here before but I understand that is new.
They say timing is everything :). But to answer your question, I have tried to use the macro's provided by UO and have not been able to find a way. In most
cases with practice, I can get a robe and a cloak cut up providing 15 pieces. Sometimes they change back really fast, it's fun and kinda addicting, I'm up to about 124 differant colors. I started about 5 days ago after GM begging, finally got the guillitine too. Need to get some bones next.