• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any tiny touches for this tiny place?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My new shop on Siege Perilous.

It's very small, and the vendors angled to face the guardzone.

I'm looking for ideas for small decorative touches, without changing the actual building.

This is the 1st floor, work area.

Upper floor is stock room

Roof currently empty, but will possibly have more vendors, facing West.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More plants! Put some lanterns or other light sources around, the tall ones are good for the hidden corners (tall ones: candleabra of souls, hanging lanterns, etc). Put up a couple of portraits/paintings, maybe do some vines covering the outside south walls.

The roof you could do a nice decorative floral bit around the railing, or little lanterns or other items. A couple heritage token rugs could spruce up the floor a bit. :)

Skylark SP

Available Storage: 0
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Petra,

I made garlands, and put lanterns around the extensive railing of Kush's Zento vendor house. The garlands are detailed on Castles & Courtyards - they are made from eggs, dried herbs, nightshade, and garlic.

It is hard to see the detail of the garland on the west railing in this pic because not much is showing and what is there, is against the background of the town foliage, but you can get the idea. I just liked the look of the regular lanterns so I put them all around.

-Skylark

S

Strawberry

I'd move the teleporters and then hide them with plants or a virtue tile, etc. At least on the first floor because you have that lovely cinnamon floor. The second floor teleporters could be moved down to where they'd be hidden by the southeast wall.

I agree about more plants, perhaps a plant in a wooden bowl on each side of the porch, under the arch? A little table and two chairs with a chess board might also look good on the porch. Also, I think the second floor could use a small asian painting on the wall above the teleporter (next to the window). The second floor also needs a painting or some hanging herbs to draw the eye up a bit. Btw, good job with your vendors, they look well-organized and appealing.

F

feath

i'd get rid of the gaza mats and using the long wooden crafters tables, place them where you have gaza's now, using the chop stone table technique.

F

feath

wow, a few little details really made a difference...i kept wanting to say 'oh, i like floor 1 best' - but i kept changing my mind on the floors!
lovin it!

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cute! I like the little mah-jong table tops, hehe. The different things you did with the lanterns are nice - the round paper lanterns on the railings came out really well! :D

Faerunner

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That came out really well! :) I'm currently struggling to finish up my deco so I can post the final design here... though it's not for lack of inspiration!

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
unexpected bonus, the top of the bees animation comes through the floor, which puts them buzzing around the plant just left of the door. Nice.