• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any one Left from 2000 and before?

F

Fluffhead32

Any one from Napa Valley left from preY2K? Or know anyone from then? What are/where your chars from those days?

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am. Picus from the guild LMJ. There are a few of us still left on the shard.

I

imported_kalzaketh

started in 2k frank thered was gmswordslj back during the lbr juka occupation of yew now retired gm archer had the guild tkf until I left fel for a 2year stint of swg.
my old wrestler mage belgarion is now arcanist since AOS killed wrestling.

I

imported_IgotWood

97 sold account a year after trammel came in and been back for almost 2 years (wow time flies)

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I created a Character named Omicron on the first day Napa Valley was up in 1998.

Everyone who said "1997" needs to remember Napa Valley didn't start until 1998. It was not one of the original shards.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
your right, when i first started i was shaithis on baja, when napa started i came over and was damian / phil thed

F

Fluffhead32

Forgot to tell you all who I was. my main was William (generic I know). I was one of the leaders of OSR and teh City of Mith. I used to do PvP training sessions for cash (god knows I'm screwed now). My other char was Rafeal Arlaine.

F

Fluffhead32

Woops
I completely forgot I had a bard thats musicianship,peacemaking,provoking 100, mage like 85 or something 80 hiding and like 5 stealth
He was Lei Phenix

G

Back then i ran around on either Cyric (Perma Red Fencer), Sparks (GM LJ Swordsman), Zeus (Tamer/Mage), Aries (Tamer/Mage), Citan (Macer), AirJer The Great (Mage), Guss (Stealth Assasin), Old Ninja (Thief/Mage) or Heavy Metal (Craftsman).

Was in S/S and V*C during that time period.

I

imported_IgotWood

you speak the truth, i played atlantic until this shard came and placed a tent at the xroads...o ya casting explosion while hidden to much fun

G

I stared on Baja in 1998. Then played Lake Superior because Baja crashed and reverted all the time.

Only been on Baja for about 2-3 years.

I

imported_zeroshade

I had chars named dalamaar a pvp mage, Roulette a bard. I ran with ^V^ Shadow of the Crown. Other members where JuBB JuBB, Skeletor, Apocalypse. Also ran with Lady Kat and Cyberwhat among others.

S

sirTEDLEY

im still here

sir tedley 1st knight to OoJ
sir tedley palidin of virtue M^F
sir tedley guild leader of kovh
sir tedley family of gor (now its lord theodore my blacksmith)
sir tedley THO noob in training

sir tedley owner of napas wax museum

G

Got my final warning from stratics so that'll be it from me re: posts of that nature. I'd rather have my stratics account open than closed. That's it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Umm Ok?

So your warning from stratics was in 2000? :p

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah. That post made pretty much no sense to me either. Thought I was just drunk.

I

imported_Bluebottle

Started on UO in 97, jumped on Napa in 98 hoping for a clear shot, after a month of wondering how everyone got to place castles, towers and entire communities of large buildings so fast yet it took me ages to scrape enough money for a boat and tent (it never occurred to me that folks had been gold-duping) - I just thought I was being inefficient!

Then I managed to land-lock the boat in Lake Blackthorn until re-deeding came in - doh! Stumbled along ever since

C

Calice

I played since 1999 but i have been gone for good since 2004.I sure miss it at times though :)
I was either Kristi or Aries

N

Nibblets

Started in 1997 on Catskills, then hopped to Napa shortyly after if opened.
Started off with Kerowyn Falstaff...a swordsman/miner...those were the days.
Was part of G*M (Grand Masters), untill the guild got too large and it split in two. G*M for the crafters, which I now run, and Scy (The Scythe) for everyone else.

G

Gellor

Started Oct 98 as Glendon Hawke... then started up as Gellor about 6 months later. Still playing Gellor but on Pac now:coco:

D

Deb

Started on Yamato in 97 till Napa opened then immediately jumped here.
I still have fond memories of Yamato tho...my brother had started one of the
first guilds there, "TOD" Tailors of Darkness". Yes Sir, those tailors with
thier hard hitting sewing kits were to be feared;).

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Co-ran a cool guild on Pacific since starting in 1997, and then restarted from scratch on Napa for no good reason the following year or so (a bit after it opened). :)

The pvp'ers on Napa back then were much more respectable and skilled than those on Pacific. Plenty of drama though!

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SAVATAGE
Bizzersnitch
Taco Bell
Big Sexy
Horny the Bear

thats my original account line up... started in early 1997... i think april...

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Special SixtyNyn, carpenter/smith
Poet, thief

Mostly played those two and mostly gate stealing because I was on AOL for the longest time. Changed Poet to a thug thief, then mage thief, then parry mage, then chiv mage, then quit pvp because of all the cheating. Now he's an arcanist mage. I kill liches. =/

Ninja Bob, swords/dexer

Kept on disconnecting in covetous due to bag connection. Eventually deleted him after I figured out there were 2 other Ninja Bobs (and after I sparred with one of them.)

Chad Sexington, second thief but never played him until later.

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
About March of 2000, son started a Tailor/Tank Mage River Wind & a tamer Tito, about a wk later I started on Snake, was a miner/smith/swordsman, later converted swords to magery. About 6 mos later started other accounts so daughter could play her evil mage & innocent archer. Were fun times when all 3 of us were on playing at once.

Edgar

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started in Dec 1999, have played off and on since then.

1st char was Edgar GM smith/Miner.
other napa chars are;
John Carter
JC
Tom Builder
Hera
Sasha
Lanfear
Sonja
Richard
All were started before 2001

Rogal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Started in June 2000, 2 months after Trammel opened...still 3 accounts going strong.

Tegan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crendel, Portas (my PvP'er) Flax (Mage).

Been out of the game for a while now though...

C

Calibretto

Was Napa a long long time ago.

Started in the guild L*M, then went to UcV then had my most fun with L%C and 15r.

Calibretto was my dexxer

Pendar my mage

and Knolan was my tamer in 15r.

TheOneEyedJack

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I started out on Catskills, then followed my buddy Swindler to Napa. Both of us just started playing again about a week ago. My original account was as follows...
TheOneEyedJack
Ol One Eye
King of Aces
Krymsin
Pico

I have since sold the account, all the characters are being played by Sym, well except the new Jack I made a week ago :D lol

Q

quikset

I created a Character named Omicron on the first day Napa Valley was up in 1998.

Everyone who said "1997" needs to remember Napa Valley didn't start until 1998. It was not one of the original shards.

While it is true that Napa Valley was not one of the original shards, Napa Valley's birthdate was November 14, 1997. I created my first character on Napa within a few hours of the shard coming up, on a friend's computer and account, after having played Pacific for 2 months starting in September 1997 using my friend's computer/account. I remember it vividly because he played so much that the only time I got on was from 2-6am.

Eventually got my own account in Jan 1998, and transferred over my stuff from my friend's account. Built a small house on Skara Brae island just north of the stable within a week of the shard opening. Had alot of neighbors back then, before Origin patched it so that you couldn't build housing there anymore. I believe at the time I quit in 2004, there were only 3 houses left on Skara Brae island. After mine fell, there were probably only 2 left.

Nothing will ever duplicate the early UO days. Free for all PK'ing, the notereity wipe, grief killing blues, server wars every morning in front of the Trinsic gate, Covetous entrance, and Brit Graveyard. Server crashes, lag, 2-3 minute delays switching between subservers on the map, PKs camping every dungeon entrance and killing people as their clients took forever to switch them to the dungeon server, the chain lighting client crashing bug, the first duping bug, castles and keeps with the blue tents blocking the entryway during the height of the house looting bugs.

The whole MMORPG genre has changed and matured now. Most of the gameplay is geared towards the kinds of people that play WoW.

-KwaiChang Caine
Napa Valley (retired)

Q

quikset

Server wars were the best. Break out all your best stuff that you had collecting dust in your bankbox and didn't dare to use in the way pre-pre-pre item insurance days. They used to happen in the mornings around 10am Pacific Time. Front gate Trinsic with bugged one-hitters and some great friends in G-force, SAGE, CoS, FoJ, and others. I had a Vanq Viking Sword one-hitter and a full set of invulnerability plate. Then after the first archery patch, I had a one hitter heavy cross bow and bone armor.

Kill a bunch of people, go red, die a bunch of times, lose all your stuff all the way up to the server going down for daily maintenance. Log back in in 20 minutes and you warped back to before the last server save and get all your stuff back.

Q

quikset

Anybody remember Halloween 1998 when they had the Armeggedon shard up for a couple days? They had the special moongates you could walk through and you would gain the stats and attributes of your favorite monster. I remember the Blood Elemental (one of the most powerful creatures in the game at the time) moongate was in Moonglow, and it was pure madness. So many people logged in that they crashed the server a bunch of times.

Q

quikset

Was Napa a long long time ago.

Started in the guild L*M, then went to UcV then had my most fun with L%C and 15r.

Calibretto was my dexxer

Pendar my mage

and Knolan was my tamer in 15r.

15r and Pub16 - best champ hunting guild ever on Napa. :thumbsup:

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll see if I can get ol Brontes 15r to get back on sometime. I chat with him off & on in icq on many occasion. Remember doing my 1st Champ on Ice with him & his red back with the old 20 min return timer. Gawd died on my tamer just as the Champ popped and was unable to get back in to help. Was fun though :D .

Q

quikset

I'll see if I can get ol Brontes 15r to get back on sometime. I chat with him off & on in icq on many occasion. Remember doing my 1st Champ on Ice with him & his red back with the old 20 min return timer. Gawd died on my tamer just as the Champ popped and was unable to get back in to help. Was fun though :D .

Haha. Good old Brontes. Tell him KCC said "wassap!"

We did a ton of champs together. Best days were before they allowed players to activate the altars themselves, and before everyone learned how to navigate in and around the 6 altars in T2A. We did so many champs in those months it was ridiculous.

Meanwhile the rest of the shard were fighting it out on the dungeon champ altars. I remember the 20 minute timer rule, too. I would always get the first hit in on Mephistis with a magic arrow, get sucked into her, killed, teleported back to the Brit healer for a quick rez, then scamper really quick down the road to the Brit sewers and stand around until Mephistis died and watch a scroll magically appear in my backpack.

Hey Snakeman were you there the night we did the Harry in Fire Dungeon, when Yuna was quitting the game the first time and she killed like 62 people in 2 hours? We held off the shard for a long time at the Serpent's Hold entrance. Now THAT was fun.

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

While it is true that Napa Valley was not one of the original shards, Napa Valley's birthdate was November 14, 1997. I created my first character on Napa within a few hours of the shard coming up, on a friend's computer and account, after having played Pacific for 2 months starting in September 1997 using my friend's computer/account. I remember it vividly because he played so much that the only time I got on was from 2-6am.

Eventually got my own account in Jan 1998, and transferred over my stuff from my friend's account. Built a small house on Skara Brae island just north of the stable within a week of the shard opening. Had alot of neighbors back then, before Origin patched it so that you couldn't build housing there anymore. I believe at the time I quit in 2004, there were only 3 houses left on Skara Brae island. After mine fell, there were probably only 2 left.

Nothing will ever duplicate the early UO days. Free for all PK'ing, the notereity wipe, grief killing blues, server wars every morning in front of the Trinsic gate, Covetous entrance, and Brit Graveyard. Server crashes, lag, 2-3 minute delays switching between subservers on the map, PKs camping every dungeon entrance and killing people as their clients took forever to switch them to the dungeon server, the chain lighting client crashing bug, the first duping bug, castles and keeps with the blue tents blocking the entryway during the height of the house looting bugs.

The whole MMORPG genre has changed and matured now. Most of the gameplay is geared towards the kinds of people that play WoW.

-KwaiChang Caine
Napa Valley (retired)
I miss u lil billy

C

Calibretto

15r and Pub16 - best champ hunting guild ever on Napa. :thumbsup:

I remeber you. Been a long time. When I first came back about a year and a half ago I talked to Yuna shortly then brontes then they were gone with the wind. And I was alone, so I went to Siege to start over.

C

Calibretto

If you can pm me his ICQ. I miss the guy.

B

Bluebottle

December 97, started with a miner/blacksmith and a lumberjack/bowyer working out of Minoc. Frequently PKd just walking to Vesper or mining outside of the GZ north of minoc. Learned how to stash resources for later recovery pretty quickly! Finally made GM bowyer around the fall of 98 and HQ heavy XBows (remember the days when Item ID or vendor valuation were the only way to tell a good weapon?). Opened first vendor in a tent N of Britain to sell bows on the shore of Lake Blackthorn - bought and launched first boat only to discover that it was completely landlocked! .... of course, needless to say no sooner had I made GM ready to serve revenge to PKs that the almighty Heavy XBow was seriously nerfed!!! Created a small player run village of 9 buildings north of minoc, traded that all out for a collection of random houses on Ocllo about a year later. A LOT happened before Y2K!

L

Lady Mana

Haha, I think there are quite a few of us around who've played since back then. In my opinion, most of UO's playerbase is made of those who have taken up a loyalty to it...

I've been around since /99.

And yeah, I miss the days when you had to hop your ore from the Britain mountains to a public smelting hut!!

G

Gochoo

i used to play back in the days, i was Aidankai and later necro/fencer Mars in the NvM guild. I was also in UcV, Darmas H^D guild and SOB for a bit, I come in here to look how the community doing and it seems like UO pretty much dead.

now i play with a couple old school NvM people on Horde Hakkar WoW, and i have alliance chars on gorgonash.

hakkar horde - level70 orc warrior Shongo
hakkar horde - level 70 undead priest Benidict
Gorgonash Alliance - level 70 Night elf rogue Chomji
Gorgonash Alliance - level 63 night elf hunter Gochoo
Gorgonash Alliance - level 37 mage Aidankai