• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any Old-Schoolers (Pre-Trammel) Still around?

• Thread starter UO_Unknown1_Thief
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
U

UO_Unknown1_Thief

LBSC, Angry Farmers revolt members, SnR folks?

I haven't been here in years, kinda missing UO, not going to play gain, but any of the old gang around?

CrazyJoe? How you doing man, see you haven't been on here in a few months, but maybe you'll see this. Any one else that knows what I'm talkin' about, drop me a line!

Is UO worth playing again yet?

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LBSC, Angry Farmers revolt members, SnR folks?

I haven't been here in years, kinda missing UO, not going to play gain, but any of the old gang around?

CrazyJoe? How you doing man, see you haven't been on here in a few months, but maybe you'll see this. Any one else that knows what I'm talkin' about, drop me a line!

Is UO worth playing again yet?
Come over to Off Topic | No Holds Barred

The old crew doesn't sail these waters anymore.

S

Scotia

Lace!!! *waves*

Its 'Mel/Melody' from Cats...I just recently came back to UO after a 3 yr break myself. I am on Atlantic now. Cats just isn't what it used to be. :(

Its great to see you though, I'll have to log in over there and say Hi...are you doing anything with BearPoint now?

P

PuddyMae

I started on Cats what was it 12 years ago or so. Ella is the name. My daughter Esa Stewart got me playing and I havent quit yet. I used to ride around Bear Point but mostly my time is spent on Siege now.

F

Ferahga

Apparently I'm so old-school, my account didnt even exist anymore.. had to re-register. How sad.

K

Kiminality

(guess I will get some infraction for this too)
Ask and ye shall receive.

You won't receive an infraction if you don't break the rules, no matter how pathetic it may be giving those crocodile tears over getting well-earned infractions.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

You won't receive an infraction if you don't break the rules
Perhaps, but that doesn't mean certain mods won't lock your threads because they happen to disagree with the message contained therein.

K

Kiminality

Perhaps, but that doesn't mean certain mods won't lock your threads because they happen to disagree with the message contained therein.
Ah, but often it's not what you say, but how you say it.
But I'm sure you're smart enough that I don't actually need to tell you that - I'm confident you know exactly what you're doing, and why you get the results you do.
It feeds the "victim" phases of your arguments.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

It feeds the "victim" phases of your arguments.
Gee, if I said that about someone else I would likely have an infraction for "personal attacks". As a moderator, you should not only be above such actions, but you should try harder not to let people like me get under your skin just because you disagree with us.

K

Kiminality

Gee, if I said that about someone else I would likely have an infraction for "personal attacks". As a moderator, you should not only be above such actions, but you should try harder not to let people like me get under your skin just because you disagree with us.
Again, you're rolling over an playing the victim.
"I'd have got an infraction if I'd done that"
While at the same time lashing out with whatever you can find.
"A moderator should be above that"

It's important for a moderator to take part in the communities they moderate. Failure to do so makes them less a community moderator, and more a rule enforcer.
Considering the nature of SnR, it requires a different approach to moderating. When threads come here from other forums, it's not like one can go back and deal out the infraction points, a more involved approach works best. And because those that post here are the ones more likely to follow threads that don't belong on the other forums, a delicate touch is generally less effective than you might think.

But, if I were you, I'd take a good long look at myself before I started pointing fingers at others.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Also, if you feel that a mod has treated you unjustly, pm Petra. I can guarantee that a detailed pm to Petra will have better results than vague complaints here.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

But, if I were you, I'd take a good long look at myself before I started pointing fingers at others.
Why don't you just start a personal crusade against me like another mod has done and ban me for something I did more than a year ago???

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Also, if you feel that a mod has treated you unjustly, pm Petra. I can guarantee that a detailed pm to Petra will have better results than vague complaints here.
No thanks, I'd rather that the other people that post here understand the truth rather than dealing with these issues behind closed doors. If Petra, or anyone else cares to question the things I have said, I can be reached via PM here (assuming I am not under some sort of idiotic ban) or, I can be reached at [email protected].

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Morgana... You have been treated fairly. As a self appointed spokes person, you have done well. The mods of Stratics have allowed you much lee way.

If you continue in this manner, I will take a dim view of it. If you have issues discuss it. Do it properly. Here in open forum will not fly.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Morgana... You have been treated fairly. As a self appointed spokes person, you have done well. The mods of Stratics have allowed you much lee way.

If you continue in this manner, I will take a dim view of it. If you have issues discuss it. Do it properly. Here in open forum will not fly.
Why...does someone have something they feel the need to hide?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

You know what Kelmo, nevermind.

I get it.

See you around.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Really don't understand the hostility. I've always had a positive impression of you, ever since you helped tame a rune beetle ages ago. I understand that you're upset about Cal's classic shard announcement, but no one at Stratics contributed to Cal's decision. It's fine if you want to be upset, but don't take it out on us.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You fought a good fight. My hat is off to you Morgana. I lost my fight too... Just saying.

Badgering Stratics staff will not result in what you want.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Badgering Stratics staff will not result in what you want.
Yeah, and certain Stratics staff badering me won't get them what they want either.

I am sorry that people are leaving Siege, I am sorry that people are leaving the Prodo Shards. Guess what...not my fault! All I can do is speak the truth, and if mods here take offense to it...I cannot do anything about that.

Or perhaps I could be banned for something else I did more than a year ago. I am sure if someone digs hard enough they can find something.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Bitterness does not suit us.

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Bitterness does not suit us.
Nope, and neither does vindicitiveness. Unfortunately, I am in no position to be vindictive, so I will allow you to draw whatever conclusions from that that you will.

Just let it go. The Classic Community lost. The Siege Community won (sort of)...and the carebear population got what they wanted, rid of those of us that enjoyed the game differently than they did.

Instead of finding reasons to ban those of us that believe differently, and further alienating us from the game...perhaps the right course of action would be to offer alternative suggestions that could sway some of us to return to the game, and pay our subscriptions. No?

M

Morgana LeFay (PoV)

Really don't understand the hostility. I've always had a positive impression of you, ever since you helped tame a rune beetle ages ago. I understand that you're upset about Cal's classic shard announcement, but no one at Stratics contributed to Cal's decision. It's fine if you want to be upset, but don't take it out on us.
For the record, I was never angry at you. If you want to understand the situation, take a look at the moderator action log (assuming this site will allow you to do that).

K

Kiminality

Why don't you just start a personal crusade against me like another mod has done and ban me for something I did more than a year ago???
And you're playing the victim again.
Did you ever stop to consider that whatever actions mods have taken against you were your own doing?
There is no fundamental problem with the classic shard discussions any more than there is with discussions about PvP, or most other game-related subjects.
In fact, the busier a discussion is, the better it is for us. Sure, there's more modding work involved, but the increase in traffic is relevant to our interests.
The crux of the matter comes, as I said before, in how the subject is discussed. If people could have just discussed the classic shard civilly, and within the RoC, then there would have been no moderator action on the thread. "Mod abuse" is for the most part a fallacy, perpetuated by the very people that form the reason mods exist in the first place.
I really hate to break this to you, but this thing we have going on here is no more personal than it is with a problem with the status quo, which they express through acting out.

No thanks, I'd rather that the other people that post here understand the truth rather than dealing with these issues behind closed doors. If Petra, or anyone else cares to question the things I have said, I can be reached via PM here (assuming I am not under some sort of idiotic ban) or, I can be reached at [email protected].
So it's about attention?
You want people to recognise and observe your struggle against the tyrannical mods, the attention of whom you brought upon yourself.
That's awesome and all, but I strongly doubt Petra would take your complaints seriously if you refuse outright to go through proper channels in favour of a forum argument.
As for the obvious counter that will no doubt cross your mind, yes, she would take it seriously.

Just let it go.
Sage advice, there (albeit out of context).
This tangent ends here - If you want to continue this, make your own thread for it.