• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any of my old chums around?

R

Ravahan

Heya all, just came back last week. I've been gone since 3d got axed, and wasn't all that active then either... been off playing FFXI. Anywho, I saw Stuffa was still kicking, anyone else around who knew me back when?

Characters of note; Ravahan, Hanna, Sarrihn.

I stumbled into a nice fella while I was working my bard skills in despise who showed me around a bit and signed me up for a guild called We Die a Lot. I feel relatively caught up now, after picking the poor guy's brain for a good hour.

So I've noticed prices seem to have taken a huge nose dive, what's the deal? Is gold more valuable now than it was then, or is it just a flooded market from duping?

What's up with this new event? I about got my head axed by the brit jewler last week! He didn't even hear what I wanted for my jewls! *huff*

T

Tazar

Greetings Ravahan,

I'm still here! The old Britannian Coalition that Stuffa formed is still going strong with 26 currently active guilds and there are probably several old members there that you would remember. :)

The group at "We Die a Lot" are great at helping new and returning players get up to speed! You are fortunate to have run into them. They do not even seem to mind all that brain pickin'.

Currently, many prices have fallen. Part of that is due to the huge treasure rooms that many players have stocked full of gold, but a large part is an effort on the developer team to increase the doom drops, etc. and to create more artifact level items. It seems that they feel if they flood the market with great items, they will be easy enough to obtain that there will be a diminished desire to dupe items, and it should also make getting the items to really compete easier balancing the game more. I see many positive signs from it.

As far as the new event... it is a long running chain of them, and there are currently several that are overlapping: Trammel town invasions triggered by fel-faction actions, The Champ-spawn improvements, The "Restore Magincia" quests, the restoration of the EM program, and probably more that I am forgetting.

Anyway... Welcome back and hope to see you in game!