• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

Vyal

Will there be a classic shard? Where is the stupid state of the game video?

Deaol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
if your holding out for a classic shard... and thats the only reason your still hanging onto uo.. I would seriously start looking else where. I do not think they have the available resources to make that work, as well as, keep the other shards happy.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nah, they are too busy posting pictures of stuffed animals on Facebook to worry about a video that is over a month overdue.

N

NorCal

It's now been 10 days since Cal said the video was done. The PR department has had over a week to add their "stink" to it. They are just milking this now. What are they afraid of? That they are going to say no to a classic shard or that there won't be a booster while they work on the EC? Probably both.

W

Woodsman

Let's not kid ourselves, Bulletstorm comes out tomorrow, and Rango next week. Those are probably getting a little more attention from PR than UO at this point.

The bad thing is there are a few more even bigger games coming out in March that will drown things out.

I'm still curious about the gameplay that was in the video and why PR felt the need to add even more gameplay footage.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This "video" has become such a big joke now that it´s not even funny anymore...

:wall:

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The High Seas booster was announced August 28.

August 28 + 6 months = February 28.

It is almost time for the next booster to be announced.

So state of game video = Booster announcement video.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
So state of game video = Booster announcement video.
I hope not . . . too many other things to address first, methinks.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
insta-hit Hali FTW !

i want my tank mage with 4 dex swinging a 25lb pole arm INSTANTLY DANGIT

:p

N

NorCal

The Mods here are way to overprotective of the Devs. Asking when a video promised in mid-January after missing several deadlines will be out is not a spiel n rant. It's a legitimate question. Cal himself said it was done on 2-11, but that PR had to add its "stink" to it. If they can't handle the heat they don't have thick enough skin to be a developer.

You should see what developers of other games have to deal with this is kiddie play compared to that.

V

Vyal

Moved?
all I wanted to know was if the video was coming out. IF is the key word...
Why is it a rant to ask a legit question about the state of the game.

Anyways it should have came out last year.

K

Kiminality

It's a case of "same ****, different day".
Here's a little peek into the future of this thread, at least if it had remained on Uhall - It would have become just another thread of intransigent pancakes about how terrible the devs are and how bad things should/will happen.

The "any news?" had to be rhetorical, anyway. There's no way you could conceivable believe there would be any news, and yet wouldn't be any sign of it blatantly obvious on Uhall.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I assess, with a high degree of confidence, the following: (1) that the developers know that the Stratics playerbase is anxious to see the video; (2) that are aware of growing frustration with the video's delay; (3) that they cannot say precisely which day the video will appear, but they hope that it will be soon.

W

Woodsman

And 4) They know they are at a point where the decisions they make this year will probably decide whether UO will be around in five years.

Who am I kidding, even if they roll out a solid plan for the future, if Star Wars bombs, EA will take a broadsword to BioWare Mythic and UO and DAOC will probably end up under their Facebook games group or the Sims group.

Say hello to your new paperdoll :mf_prop:

Attachments

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
B

Beer_Cayse

and for some of us it's simply seeing that once again EA cannot meet a deadline with any accuracy - physical injuries aside.

For me, I have given up ... as noted in another thread I am "elsewhere", pre-AOS and not having any sorts of issues.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Even though they're not allowed to say it, I get the sense that the delay doesn't have much to do with the Mythic team. In fact, I get the sense that a lot of the things that we are frustrated about don't have much to do with the Mythic team. EA is a cruel master.

W

Woodsman

Yeah, there is probably a lot going on within BioWare Mythic right now, and that stuff does have an impact on UO unfortunately.

I know it's fun to bash the devs, but the reality is a lot of people don't have a clue about what it's like to work for a large corporation and EA seems to magnify the worst aspects of large corporations in particular. There are some good articles on 'The Escapist" website that talk with past UO and Ultima devs up to and including Garriott: The Escapist : The Conquest of Origin

I have a lot of sympathy for them and things like the failure of Warhammer and the risk of Star Wars worry me when it comes to UO's future.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I have a lot of sympathy for them and things like the failure of Warhammer and the risk of Star Wars worry me when it comes to UO's future.
Same. :(

W

Woodsman

You all should go watch the video.

They've done a lot of work on the EC.

And they are going to give us higher resolution artwork.

:thumbup::party::thumbup1::heart:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
You all should go watch the video.

They've done a lot of work on the EC.

And they are going to give us higher resolution artwork.

:thumbup::party::thumbup1::heart:
yes and it is looking very good look at the game windows closely

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Sweet! :)

Er, I mean, wait, only spiels and rants belong here. Take your positivity elsewhere! :p

Melcor

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, there is probably a lot going on within BioWare Mythic right now, and that stuff does have an impact on UO unfortunately.

I know it's fun to bash the devs, but the reality is a lot of people don't have a clue about what it's like to work for a large corporation and EA seems to magnify the worst aspects of large corporations in particular. There are some good articles on 'The Escapist" website that talk with past UO and Ultima devs up to and including Garriott: The Escapist : The Conquest of Origin

Great....seems like I picked the wrong profession. Maybe I'll get lucky at the job lottery.

Status
Not open for further replies.