Any News on the EC from the Live Stream?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Llewen

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Mar 3, 2006
I didn't watch it. Was there any mention of the EC?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

Being out and about on a business trip, I didn't either and have yet to see anything mentioned over on the UHall.

Bleh.

M

miniciti

They did say that they had a lot of bug fixes coming in Pub 69 for the EC. Something about being too many to list lol.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

Is it too much to hope that one of the said bugs falls under the category of "artwork resolution too damned low"?

M

miniciti

LMAO, I doubt it.
I did remember some more of what was said about it. I use quotes very loosely here. I don't remember exactly what was said, but the meaning is there.
Q: "Will the EC ever get some attention and come out of Beta?"
A: *Laughter*, then *Looks hurt and confused* Dev1: "We are constantly working on the EC." Dev2: "Yeah, Google Mail almost never came out of Beta either. It's a constant work in progress." *More laughter* "OK, next question!"

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mar 18, 2004
Awards
McMinnville Oregon
Pretty much like municiti said bug fixes for ec that we cant list! Will always be in beta and then lets move on to something else...

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 12, 2008

Meh, I'd be more accepting of the "perpetual beta" idea if it was actually continuing to attempt to push the envelope. Instead, for every advance from KR, they took huge steps backwards in other areas... kind of how GM has done with the Volt visually... gave us the "concept model" (KR) with a brand new look, then created the "production model" (EC) dropping the new look for the same-old.

Bug fixes better be significant and visible IMO.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 25, 2005
Europa Shard
The momory problem is the HUGE problem on this client right now... it causes crash, lot of memory consumption... it burns 200 MB of ram in less than 2 minutes play, I sent my memory results to Cal, I hope they wont be ignored...

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nov 9, 2006
On my system, the EC is frequently using over 500mb, way more than the I ever recall the Third Dawn client using at the worst of times. It just seems way too much.