• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any hope of making pets less random?

G

After my third pet caused death, I'm wondering if there was ever a plan to make pets less stupidly random? You know, like in EVERY other MMO where they don't run off on their own to attack the 15 dragons 3 screens away? even with 120 taming/lore they only listen to "follow" occasionally, if the moons of jupiter are in the right position. Now I know why there was so much excitement for Cu's, and now the new 5 slot pet in the works, it's not new eye candy, or a different pet, its just a pet less likely to die when it pulls a random idiot stunt.

Sorry about the rant, I just hate my pets dying (and me as well) due to lame auto-combat ai that doesn't exist in other MMO's. Can't we get a non-aggro/aggro toggle?

Rey~

G

the auto defend is a pain in the arse but then again there are ways of avoiding the majority of the "I can take on anything" action of auto defend...You should be able to see the pet has no chance and or you cant vet thru all the damage so either

1: recall out
2: remount and book away
3: Pet ball
4: log out
6: peace the gaggle of what ever

but again the auto defend should be tied to the all stop (turns if off), all guard (turns it on)

Course thats prolly too simple...

I

imported_Sarphus

This is a known issue. The problem is that monsters repeatedly attack pets and pets auto-defend, which means they charge after whatever attacked them. What's worse is they move on server side, so it's possible to get a lag spike and have your pet run off without you even knowing which way it went.

I've requested several times for the ability to disable auto-defend on my pets. I haven't seen an official dev response on it yet, but I have definitely asked for it several times.

The devs have a lot of tasks on their list, so sometimes things like auto-defend seem like a low priority for them. Maybe it is a low priority for them. On the other hand, devs have come around and done things almost immediately that seemed like a low priority.

Ex. I asked for base damage to be added to the animal lore gump, so we could calculate a creature's damage. Leurocian managed to get that in for the very next publish (because Leurocian is awesome). This one change actually allows us to custom our animal lore gump in KR to show us how much dmg a critter will actually do based on its str, base dmg, anatomy and tactics.

J

JoyousGard

I can kind of live with this one, because they are being attacked, right? So they get all excited. "Oh no! I am being attacked, I could die! I will fight!"

It bugs me that they can run off to fight and take long circuitous routes around jagged edges, up stairs, and all kinds of stuff and then when they have successfully preserved their life, they cannot manage to get back to me. They get stuck on the same jagged edge that they just passed!

G

On a related note, do they still stare at walls in the castle in ilshenar (with the juggernaughts) as all the monsters can see and target through walls?

J

JoyousGard

<blockquote><hr>

On a related note, do they still stare at walls in the castle in ilshenar (with the juggernaughts) as all the monsters can see and target through walls?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh yeah! The old "Let me at 'em. Let me at em." Always fun.