• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any Easter gifts for 2017?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Find your golden geese. I got an ice egg.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just hope they find time to make some new items and then give it to like 20 lucky guys at an 60 minute one-time event :thumbup:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They could also give notice on town criers an hour before the event, and then leave the message a full week after the event. Countless opportunities.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just hope they find time to make some new items and then give it to like 20 lucky guys at an 60 minute one-time event :thumbup:
If that's the case again this year I'll be extremely pissed... the "Easter" EM Event on my shard is scheduled for a Saturday.... I'll be at Work... It's just IMO an A***ole move on the part of the DEVs to give a holiday "gift" in that sort of manner where 10 or 20 people are the only ones to get the art...

And even more peeved because I SAW what was added and I think it's some of the best art I've actually seen in a long while... and it would really IRK me if this were given to a select few and the rest of us were left to sit and spin.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If that's the case again this year I'll be extremely pissed... the "Easter" EM Event on my shard is scheduled for a Saturday.... I'll be at Work... It's just IMO an A***ole move on the part of the DEVs to give a holiday "gift" in that sort of manner where 10 or 20 people are the only ones to get the art...

And even more peeved because I SAW what was added and I think it's some of the best art I've actually seen in a long while... and it would really IRK me if this were given to a select few and the rest of us were left to sit and spin.
Yea, it was all irony ;) I don't get touched much by getting left out like every other time. I'm used to it. Every Player. Every Day, right?

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I mean after like 4 years of paying every month I wasn't even worth like 5 free bucks on the last anniversary. Make it 10 years they said! Every Player, Every Day.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
we didnt get anything last year.
odds are good we will get the same this year.

think i still have a nice pic from last year about this very issue.
yup.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We get to pay for our gifts now? Alright!
Probably gonna pay for more and more gifts.
Because, ummm, they need the money.
and because, ummm, it's a small team
and the code is old

and mostly because we have proven that we will take anything, put up with anything, and keep on paying regardless.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Everyone gets last years
Probably gonna pay for more and more gifts.
Because, ummm, they need the money.
and because, ummm, it's a small team
and the code is old

and mostly because we have proven that we will take anything, put up with anything, and keep on paying regardless.
ah very good then, where do I blindly sign?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well remember last year when you all mocked the bunny picture so mercilessly? I think they decided no more gifts for anybody on Easter due to abject mockery..lol.
The bunny picture was terrible, that's their own fault.

I don't recall anyone ever saying it was for a global gift though, but did show up in some event drops but mostly re-hued

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
Yes it was truly terrible but better than nothing :p

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well remember last year when you all mocked the bunny picture so mercilessly? I think they decided no more gifts for anybody on Easter due to abject mockery..lol.
That's petty. I hope that's not true.

I actually sort of liked the bunny, but it was pretty awful. That's not the fault of the people who mocked it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's petty. I hope that's not true.

I actually sort of liked the bunny, but it was pretty awful. That's not the fault of the people who mocked it.
If UO had children the painting would have been appropriate for a child's room... but since there are no children... it seemed extremely juvenile. Not something I'd expect to see hanging in someones castle.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
If UO had children the painting would have been appropriate for a child's room... but since there are no children... it seemed extremely juvenile. Not something I'd expect to see hanging in someones castle.
You have to stretch your imagination a bit for some things. I've seen people RP children, and it can work. I have a goblin character who "finger paints" for whom that bunny could have been a masterpiece, and another character that does really silly art that it would work for.

What I REALLY dislike is seasonal content and global content being made available only through EM events. If they make a gift, it should be a gift, especially if it's something that has historically always been so in the past.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You have to stretch your imagination a bit for some things. I've seen people RP children, and it can work. I have a goblin character who "finger paints" for whom that bunny could have been a masterpiece, and another character that does really silly art that it would work for.

What I REALLY dislike is seasonal content and global content being made available only through EM events. If they make a gift, it should be a gift, especially if it's something that has historically always been so in the past.
You won't get any argument from me about that... I think it's a kick in the teeth to the players to not give something like that to everyone and just to give it to a select few at events that a vast majority of players don't even get the opportunity to attend. IMO that is extremely asinine.... a good way to alienate a lot of players and make them biter and promotes more hostility and sets up for some really poor memories for those who don't get the drop or couldn't attend ..... many of those folk feel shat on.... and honestly what did the clickies hurt?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd be happy if they would just turn on the Town invasion arc's and others, like they said they would on the lead up to the 20th Anniversary.
Only 5 months left and we didn't mean turn them on a week before for a couple days each!

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I'm hoping for Easter gifts....either in packs or the kind where you have to find/go to a clicker--for at least a week because it is hard for all to attend just a 1-3 hour event.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd be happy if they would just turn on the Town invasion arc's and others, like they said they would on the lead up to the 20th Anniversary.
Only 5 months left and we didn't mean turn them on a week before for a couple days each!
They said they turn on town invasions? IIRC they only announced a global story arc, which I guess means a couple of *one hour* EM events played out over all shards in the same matter.

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
What if, rare flowers appeared in certain regions for a short time. For example, icy white Queen Dawn's Lilies sprouted in the hidden valley. That would be wild!

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
They said they turn on town invasions? IIRC they only announced a global story arc, which I guess means a couple of *one hour* EM events played out over all shards in the same matter.
I seem to recall them discussing another invasion arc for the 20 year.

Sadly, it probably stopped there.

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I think it was the Origin meet and greet the question was asked.
Town invasions, Meer battles, ophidian wars...... @Mesanna said they could definitely turn those back on if the people wanted it.

The people want it!!

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
just give us a pack drop on easter sunday, why do we have to jump through hoops to get a holiday gift. I dont want a rare just something to give as a present later down the track or something to collect. So over the meanness this game is turning into. MEAN

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The log in screen mentions a purple squirrel at Justice Falls that we have to click to get a gift. Has anyone done this yet?

It also mentions more tamer slots coming to the store.

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just went to the UO.com page to read the whole message and it said no purple squirrel until all shards get 97 and no taming slots in the store until May 1st.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So Easter the afterthought will be late...but anything is better than nothing - at least they did give it a nod that it exists

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just went to the UO.com page to read the whole message and it said no purple squirrel until all shards get 97 and no taming slots in the store until May 1st.
The same May when new account management arrives?

I going to believe it when I see it in-game. Not an iota earlier.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
its not a Easter Gift, its a SUMMER gift.
from a purple squirrel - of course because purple squirrels scream summer.
im not complaining though, maybe its something we can collect..... hoping......

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've seen the art and there are two versions of what you get, a black one and a white one.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've seen the art and there are two versions of what you get, a black one and a white one.
Well we don't know that for sure... but .... here's hoping... and praying.

I for one am just glad we aren't getting stiffed again this year or getting a "gift" from an event that only a few can attend and of those few only 20 special saps get.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well we don't know that for sure... but .... here's hoping... and praying.

I for one am just glad we aren't getting stiffed again this year or getting a "gift" from an event that only a few can attend and of those few only 20 special saps get.
True...though I can't think of what else they'd be for. They don't really say "Easter," or even "Spring" to me...but whatevs.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Anything easter-related would be good, though I still haven't finished my collection of Easter Bunnies....

Bunnies.png

BUT for those of you who have seen the art in the art files that say it doesn't look Easter OR Spring-related.....:( We shall see I suppose.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What I saw... I want very badly. As I said in another post somewhere what I saw was very beautiful art IMO... and I am very much hoping it's the Spring/Easter gift... And if so I'll be happy and most pleased.

And Larisa if you give me a list of the rabbits your missing... I might keep an eye out for them and put them in a stash for you if I come across them while I am trashing. I mean Spring Cleaning...

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pink squirrel. Pink. I am happy about it all. So tyvm devs. You can fall under falls still.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
What I saw... I want very badly. As I said in another post somewhere what I saw was very beautiful art IMO... and I am very much hoping it's the Spring/Easter gift... And if so I'll be happy and most pleased.

And Larisa if you give me a list of the rabbits your missing... I might keep an eye out for them and put them in a stash for you if I come across them while I am trashing. I mean Spring Cleaning...
Ohh no trashing Bunnies!!! lol

I have a thing for all things Easter...and boxes....it's an addiction...:/

the bunnies I am missing...

Lakeshire - Green and Orange
Vesper - Red and Dark Purple
Wind - Green and Olive
Ocllo - Olive and Light Purple
Nu'jelm - Light and Dark Purple
Jhelom - Green, Light Purple and Dark Purple
Zento - Blue, Green and Orange
Serpents Hold - Blue and Dark Purple
New Magincia - Green
Moonglow - Green and Dark Purple
Yew - Blue and Dark Purple
Papua - Blue
Royal City - Green and Dark Purple
Holy City - Red and Green
Trinsic - Green and Dark Purple
Britian - Orange, Light Purple and Dark Purple
Delucia - Blue
Luna - Green, Olive, Orange, Light Purple and Dark Purple

I have a ton extra if anyone is as insane as I am and collects them too :) and like 46 extra geese as well...much appreciated! :)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ohh no trashing Bunnies!!! lol

I have a thing for all things Easter...and boxes....it's an addiction...:/

the bunnies I am missing...

Lakeshire - Green and Orange
Vesper - Red and Dark Purple
Wind - Green and Olive
Ocllo - Olive and Light Purple
Nu'jelm - Light and Dark Purple
Jhelom - Green, Light Purple and Dark Purple
Zento - Blue, Green and Orange
Serpents Hold - Blue and Dark Purple
New Magincia - Green
Moonglow - Green and Dark Purple
Yew - Blue and Dark Purple
Papua - Blue
Royal City - Green and Dark Purple
Holy City - Red and Green
Trinsic - Green and Dark Purple
Britian - Orange, Light Purple and Dark Purple
Delucia - Blue
Luna - Green, Olive, Orange, Light Purple and Dark Purple

I have a ton extra if anyone is as insane as I am and collects them too :) and like 46 extra geese as well...much appreciated! :)

I have a massive collection of geese... but I only kept one of each color/city I didn't go overboard on the rabbits... I've trashed several but I'll keep my eyes open for you. Tried to match the city colors with the virtue colors etc... but yeah only kept one of each city