• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Antique.. & some durability Testing....

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok... I keep wondering to myself if Legendary Items with Antique will be something I could use at least in a PvP suit so I did a quick test.....

Typical Sampire w/ parry.... 3 hours or spawning / hunting and that's darn near EVERY minute beating on a critter. I tracked the starting durability of 8 other pieces on my imbued suit and also of the ANTIQUE crimson Cinture I have equipped. At the end of the 3 hour period the Average durability lost over the 8 NON-Antique pieces was -22 Durability...

The Crimson Cinture lost -204 Durability in the same amount of Time...
AKA.. ANTIQUE = 10 X Durability LOSS....

Bleh... I don't think I'll use anything but the VvV Antiques on a PvM and only them because 500 silver is easy to to. I might....... use a legendary Antique on a PvP though.. but I still need to crunch some Sums on Total Item durability and compare since Antiques get 3 powders....

Nephilim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hmm. I feel @OREOGL needs to read this thread because he had concerns with the devaluating of items in comparison to cost and this should prove that they won't be that easy to upkeep. Dead shards? Sure. Populated shards with constant VvV fights against opponents? No.

P.S.

Thanks for taking the time to test, Vexxed

Last edited:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm. I feel @OREOGL needs to read this thread because he had concerns with the devaluating of items in comparison to cost and this should prove that they won't be that easy to upkeep. Dead shards? Sure. Populated shards with constant VvV fights against opponents? No.

P.S.

Lol..... I appreciate your appreciation.... even if being a board warrior is so entertaining when I'm bored at work I do at least realize we are both PvPers which puts us in the minority around here..

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep I think in the long run antique will not be as useful as ephemeral, actually, but I think I was one of the only fans of ephemeral lol

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

P.S.

So in three hours he had to repair a crimson once. This being on a sampire taking direct damage. This doesn't include gamers, mystics or mages who take littke to no damage.

So we can assume thisnisnworst case scenario. So if he repaired once every 3 hours until it was gone, thats 255x3=765 hours.

So even if he played 8 hours a day doing this itd take 3 months to decay or break. This doesn't even including fort. Powder.

I appreciate the tag though.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do jewelry and clothing take damage at different rates than armor? Weapons lose durability the fastest, I know that.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do jewelry and clothing take damage at different rates than armor? Weapons lose durability the fastest, I know that.
If I remember correctly armor of any kind has a 25% chance to lose durability if you take damage and THAT specific location is randomly rolled as the location. I do think if the source of damage is mace fighting that durability loss chance is increased from 25% to 75%. Weapons and shields have a chance to lose durability when they deal or block dmg...

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The core question is: Does the dura-loss depend on time in combat or on damage inflicted? If my steatlth-mystic fights critters (colossus, stealthmode, colossus, stealthmode...): same loss as in melee? If yes: Antique is crap. If not: It would be a good choice for ranged PVM...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
D
The core question is: Does the dura-loss depend on time in combat or on damage inflicted? If my steatlth-mystic fights critters (colossus, stealthmode, colossus, stealthmode...): same loss as in melee? If yes: Antique is crap. If not: It would be a good choice for ranged PVM...
Durability loss is from damage taken, and not from a timer.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks! Perfect! That means: They will last forever on my thieves, my stealthers, my mages - all in PVM, never taking damage. Great! Makes them much more valuable than I thought!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ok... I keep wondering to myself if Legendary Items with Antique will be something I could use at least in a PvP suit so I did a quick test.....

Typical Sampire w/ parry.... 3 hours or spawning / hunting and that's darn near EVERY minute beating on a critter. I tracked the starting durability of 8 other pieces on my imbued suit and also of the ANTIQUE crimson Cinture I have equipped. At the end of the 3 hour period the Average durability lost over the 8 NON-Antique pieces was -22 Durability...

The Crimson Cinture lost -204 Durability in the same amount of Time...
AKA.. ANTIQUE = 10 X Durability LOSS....

Bleh... I don't think I'll use anything but the VvV Antiques on a PvM and only them because 500 silver is easy to to. I might....... use a legendary Antique on a PvP though.. but I still need to crunch some Sums on Total Item durability and compare since Antiques get 3 powders....
the sampire in our group noticed the exact same loss in durability tonight when we where doing a bunch of tests with Lady Mel and Miasma and Tmaps and such.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, is it because he was getting damaged? Sampire is not the right template to investigate the question. Stealth - Tamer or another template that does not get damage is needed...

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was on a mystic mage for maybe an hour or two with a couple others. I was wearing an antique bracelet and lost 20 durability. I was rarely hit. Did a Lady Mel, miasma and a TMap in that timeframe. Didn't check my other armor for comparison.

I've decided to put the bracelet away unless I'm fighting big boss type stuff.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So in three hours he had to repair a crimson once. This being on a sampire taking direct damage. This doesn't include gamers, mystics or mages who take littke to no damage.

So we can assume thisnisnworst case scenario. So if he repaired once every 3 hours until it was gone, thats 255x3=765 hours.

So even if he played 8 hours a day doing this itd take 3 months to decay or break. This doesn't even including fort. Powder.

I appreciate the tag though.
You are counting as if the 255 repairs will last 3 hours of fighting. You realize that your piece loose 1 dura every repair ?... so when your piece will be down to 50/50 it will not be 3 hours of farming but 30 minutes to be down to 0/50. Repair intervalles increase as the piece decrease in max dura...
And when your piece is down to 10/10 its not even worth counting anymore, should just be thrown in trash can as it will last maybe 5 minutes until next repair ?
255/255 Dura : 3 hours between every repair
100/100 Dura : 1hour,15min between every repair
80/80 Dura : 1 hour between repairs
25/25 Dura : 20 minutes or less between repairs
10/10 Dura : garbage

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can you POF jewels (normal non negative ones) and also antique jewels?

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
You are counting as if the 255 repairs will last 3 hours of fighting. You realize that your piece loose 1 dura every repair ?... so when your piece will be down to 50/50 it will not be 3 hours of farming but 30 minutes to be down to 0/50. Repair intervalles increase as the piece decrease in max dura...
And when your piece is down to 10/10 its not even worth counting anymore, should just be thrown in trash can as it will last maybe 5 minutes until next repair ?
255/255 Dura : 3 hours between every repair
100/100 Dura : 1hour,15min between every repair
80/80 Dura : 1 hour between repairs
25/25 Dura : 20 minutes or less between repairs
10/10 Dura : garbage

I know man I was using a few offsets there just for the purpose of rough math. I.e. you wouldn't repair at 51 durability and 204 wasn't an average.

In did do the math if you were to assume this as a constant. If you use a constant loss with total of 32640 durability at 1.13 dur loss a minute was still 60 days.

I did this on a spreadsheet I think using the same 8 hour days. This didnt include fort. Powder.

Nephilim

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I was going to post exactly what Quickblade did, but he beat me to it. These antique rewards are not OP durability wise and will break faster than you are trying to make out Oreo. Everything is going to be ok :thumbup:

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I was going to post exactly what Quickblade did, but he beat me to it. These antique rewards are not OP durability wise and will break faster than you are trying to make out Oreo. Everything is going to be ok :thumbup:
I posted that few days ago man. Im pretty sure youre just riding on others' responses.

Just look at my next reply to quickblade.

Either wway if someone is going to spend the next 480 hours playing a sampire 8 hours a day dont know whether I should envy or pity them.

Edited to add that the information was based on his results everything else was based on this crazy thing called math.

Last edited:

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ITs the fact that once down to like 75 durability or less, I dont feel like running to the vendors/shops to buy/use repairs deed every 30 minutes. Or the fact that you cant complete a spawn before your items 'start breaking'

EDIT : Also as I play CC I dont have a warning when my items break , so most of the time I loose 1 or 2 durability before I even repair it. So I guess Antique pieces , if you dont pay attention to the little message : ''Your items are severly damaged.'' , well you might end up with 2 or 3 extra durability lost in very few specially if your fighting alot of spawn or Exodus/Slasher type of bosses for exemple.

Last edited:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ITs the fact that once down to like 75 durability or less, I dont feel like running to the vendors/shops to buy/use repairs deed every 30 minutes. Or the fact that you cant complete a spawn before your items 'start breaking'
And don't forget all the OTHER pieces of your suit that might be ready to break. I know that I tend to hold of on major guild hunts etc and do other PvM stuff until the pieces of my suit all cycle through to 200+ durability.... so I KNOW I can spend a goodly about of time killing Exodus or whatnot. So far just from using ONE Antique piece it's been the ONE piece I have to go repair like every other time lol... And Quick is totally right because at less than 75 Durability that darn thing wouldn't be worth equipping before you'd need to come repair it.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Well guys I dont know what to say if you dont think 480 hours on a sampire is going to last then dont use it. Pretty sure all my chars are going to and going to sell the originals.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron

EDIT : Also as I play CC I dont have a warning when my items break , so most of the time I loose 1 or 2 durability before I even repair it. So I guess Antique pieces , if you dont pay attention to the little message : ''Your items are severly damaged.'' , well you might end up with 2 or 3 extra durability lost in very few specially if your fighting alot of spawn or Exodus/Slasher type of bosses for exemple.
Even the CC alerts people when their stuff has low durability. I know this because I only play CC

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well guys I dont know what to say if you dont think 480 hours on a sampire is going to last then dont use it. Pretty sure all my chars are going to and going to sell the originals.
Not sure about the 480 hours but I would resume Antique to:
worth it for the casual player who play UO for like 5 hours a week, If you dont mind repairing every 30 minutes or so depending on the synchronize of your others pieces durability and if you want a godly suit made fast with no headache.
not worth for those that play 5 hours a day, whatever the stuff they hunt or pvp. Long term isnt good at all, not constant cant rely on these pieces infinitly

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok. Tested it now. Hunting Fairy Dragony in the Abyss with a Necro-Mystic-Mage. Antique suit and jewelry.

My toon dealt damage with a Colossus and very few flamestrikes, but received no damage at all.

Result: Dura-loss nevertheless appears.

Bad news...

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok. Tested it now. Hunting Fairy Dragony in the Abyss with a Necro-Mystic-Mage. Antique suit and jewelry.

My toon dealt damage with a Colossus and very few flamestrikes, but received no damage at all.

Result: Dura-loss nevertheless appears.

Bad news...
Oh ya I always knew that I mean, I will pvp on my mage and all my gear will loose durability as fast as on my sampire that will farm heavy spawn, its as soon as you enter in combat , it start loosing durability...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not sure about the 480 hours but I would resume Antique to:
worth it for the casual player who play UO for like 5 hours a week, If you dont mind repairing every 30 minutes or so depending on the synchronize of your others pieces durability and if you want a godly suit made fast with no headache.
not worth for those that play 5 hours a day, whatever the stuff they hunt or pvp. Long term isnt good at all, not constant cant rely on these pieces infinitly
Well man, those are the numbers vexxed threw out using a sampire. But I feel as if I'm repeating myself now.
My characters that I don't pvm with, let alone as a sampire, have only lost maybe 15 durability total since ive got them.

There was also a pair of inquis gloves at an auction last night for 10m that did not sell despite Searchuo prices being at 14M.
Can only imagine why.