• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(OT) Another reason why OSI UO > Free Servers UO

• Thread starter Førsaken
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
F

Førsaken

Just when you think you've seen, read, or heard it all...

The creator of a pretty respectable free server banned an account over hearsay and some random screen shot of something totally not related to their server or pertaining to it in any way.

So yeah, all you sneaky free server players out there, you should be happy with our lack of good GMs, low DEV time, and unbalanced skills/items after each and every expansion.

I know I am, because my account is still going! LOL

Chardonnay

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The creator of a pretty respectable free server banned an account over hearsay and some random screen shot of something totally not related to their server or pertaining to it in any way.

So yeah, all you sneaky free server players out there, you should be happy with our lack of good GMs, low DEV time, and unbalanced skills/items after each and every expansion.

Welcome to 2003...

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GMs on EA are worse! They know half as much about the game than the players know, and do stupid **** like item bless people's inquisitors or ban people for CBDing a gypsy headdress, or saying "your chicken lizards ****d me"

A good free server focused on quality of game mechanics and administration can blow OSI servers out of the water.

God I wish Siege Origins would come out... :(

Urin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A good free server focused on quality of game mechanics and administration can blow OSI servers out of the water.
I don't disagree with you, but I don't think it will ever happen. Suppose it does though, then since Mythic actually owns the franchise now, it's likely said server would be sued, or similarly unable to cover the expenses.

Alternatively, other problems might arise. I remember playing on In Por Ylem after release, only to have them wipe it soon afterword because of rampant GM abuse. The idealized scenario of a great free shard is inhibited by the lack of any real financial incentive or checks & balances to your (volunteer) staff.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The only reason we don't get biased GMing now is none of them have any clue about the game. GM's abusing power was pretty common back in the day, like the gm selling gold on ebay soon after realise and the item blessed Ornament and impossible 6 mod Kryss Crux had because he was friends with a GM. Now it's you just have to get stupid GM's and convince them they removed your item bless from an Orny by mistake then get the to bless something else for you :)

F

Førsaken

The only reason we don't get biased GMing now is none of them have any clue about the game. GM's abusing power was pretty common back in the day, like the gm selling gold on ebay soon after realise and the item blessed Ornament and impossible 6 mod Kryss Crux had because he was friends with a GM. Now it's you just have to get stupid GM's and convince them they removed your item bless from an Orny by mistake then get the to bless something else for you :)
LOL

Urin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
impossible 6 mod Kryss Crux
Do you happen to have a screenshot of this, or perhaps remember the mods? Because this wasn't impossible back then (and still isn't) if you would for example, enhance after using a hammer. I think you can actually get 7 if you use gold; but this would be prohibitively expensive, with a very high break rate.

GoodGuy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

you're only happy siege has a lack of gms cause it has let you stay PVP competitive! lulz

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you happen to have a screenshot of this, or perhaps remember the mods? Because this wasn't impossible back then (and still isn't) if you would for example, enhance after using a hammer. I think you can actually get 7 if you use gold; but this would be prohibitively expensive, with a very high break rate.
This was just after AOS was realised and it was:-

SCNP - 2 mods
50% hit lightning - 1 mod
50% hit mana leach - 1 mod
30% ssi - 1 mod
49% hit damage increase - 1 mod

Unenhanced

It was an impossible weapon back then and still would be today. Even with ML recipes and imbueing you can't craft a kryss with those mods.

F

Førsaken

you're only happy siege has a lack of gms cause it has let you stay PVP competitive! lulz
Awwwwwwwwwwww what is a thread without a good CRY from GoodGUY?!

LULZ ROFFLES. You're bad, now crawl back under that rock buddy.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

B

Black magick

What's up with the weapon speed attribute on that weapon? Moreover, does this still exist or was it deleted?
This was before they changed the base weapon speed measure to seconds.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was just after AOS was realised and it was:-

SCNP - 2 mods
50% hit lightning - 1 mod
50% hit mana leach - 1 mod
30% ssi - 1 mod
49% hit damage increase - 1 mod

Unenhanced

It was an impossible weapon back then and still would be today. Even with ML recipes and imbueing you can't craft a kryss with those mods.
I had a 7 mod crafted weapon in my castle before it fell so freesly should have it now.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a 7 mod crafted weapon in my castle before it fell so freesly should have it now.
It is possible to make 7 property weapons with ml recipes but not that type of weapon or those specific properties.

Varka

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Did someone mention impossible items?

These were real. I owned them.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Did someone mention impossible items?

These were real. I owned them.
This was a bug that was easily repeatable if you knew how but could happen by accident, lot's of people on prodo were running around with full 70's from just one piece of gear :)

Found an old picture of a piece from prodo:-

Varka

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I doubt this was due to the same bug you're referencing.

I bought a pair of faction-hued (good?) ember leggings and had a GM unhue them. What he gave back was a normal pair of steel leggings, and I had to page a SECOND GM to turn them back into ember leggings.

The second GM handed those back to me.

Revvo

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I doubt this was due to the same bug you're referencing.

I bought a pair of faction-hued (good?) ember leggings and had a GM unhue them. What he gave back was a normal pair of steel leggings, and I had to page a SECOND GM to turn them back into ember leggings.

The second GM handed those back to me.
It is amazing what you can get GM's that don't really know what they are doing to hand back to you :)

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember losing my posting privileges for showing a picture of an exploited item. But then again I was never the teacher's pet. *shrugs* Just saying....

V

Vaelix

I remember losing my posting privileges for showing a picture of an exploited item. But then again I was never the teacher's pet. *shrugs* Just saying....
What I have noticed is that the Actions of the Mods define the Rules/Roc..

Instead of the Logical opposite. ( Do something... )

:thumbup1:

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other servers can be fun but nothing replaces the feeling that the old siege days gave imo which is why I stay on siege hoping that one day the devs will restore that feeling.