• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another Post On GM+ tailoring!!

B

Bolvai

On Atlantic I can only get them in fel and even then not always all of them are selling. You also have to deal with the factions and what they set as prices.

The faq? Cool there have been alot of requests for it I guess. Of course it is not the only way to get there but I'm glad you realize it does need mentioned.

-Flint Atlantic

T

Tim Dunkin Dunca

At 119.0, you have to switch to bone armor

Here I am, Tailoring 119.8 119.8. GGS gains for me only on bone leggings

G

Thanks for all the information everyone. Last night I acquired a +20 tailoring scroll and I wanted to start working on tailoring again. I'm currently at 100.1 /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif. Yay!! Go me...!

Anyway...i've tried to consolodate all the information into a nice list...heres what I have so far:

100.0 -> 103.7 -- Studded Gorgets
103.7 -> 107.9 -- Studded Gloves
107.9 -> 111.7 -- Studded Sleeves
111.7 -> 115.0 -- Studded Leggings

119.0 -> 120.0 -- Bone armor?

As you can see, there's a pretty big gap in here. Does anyone have experience from 115 to 120? Is that when we should switch from studded leggings to tunics?

TheflY of LS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello sir. I would just like to say how much of an extreme help your method has been to me. If not for this method I don't think I would have broken 100 yet. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Although I do hit walls occasionally, like you say, I just grin and bear and and sooner or later there will be a gain. I'm currently at 106.7 making studded gloves. I got my 115 powerscroll last week for a great price so I couldn't refuse. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif Thanks again for all the info and help. It's really made my gains above 100 a lot less stressful and agonizing. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

S

Syifer

I am around 75-80 tailoring and was wondering what to make up to GM?

TheflY of LS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
from where you are at make oil cloths up until 99.6...you WILL get frustrated at your gains in the 90s but stick with them....cloth is cheap and very easy to get through npc tailors....at 99.6 make studded gorgets until gm....if you find a PS you can make studded gorgets well past the gm mark...103.5 or so....hope that will help...any more questions feel free to ask me...im happy to assist in any way that i can

D

DragonLord(TPH)

Used almost 1k leather and im only at 100.1 how updated is this post?
Could they have changed what you gain from after AoS?

S

Semyaza

Anyone find a wall at 109.4? I burned over 2k leather on it so far, its really weird cause I was gaining crazy fast just before I hit it.
>_< Maybe Ill stop on sleeves and try some bone helms, im at like 99.x chance to make those....

B

Bolvai

Well as you can see from the dates...this post was a while ago but I have no reason to believe anything has changed since AoS.

As for walls....yep you got to love them..and you got to expect them.

I am truly glad for those of whom were helped by this guide. That is exactly what I posted it for and its great to see that its' serves a purpose.

-Flint Atlantic

K

karnage

I burnt about 35k leather hides w/i the past week up to 108.7 skill.

B

Bolvai

35k..Excellent you seem to be going pretty much on target with gains.

What angers me now is the fact that the only thing I can use tailoring for now is bods....with all this insurance no one is buying new sets.

-Flint Atlantic

M

Mini the Thief

rofl, insuring all your leather armor that is just GM made(no runic or extra magic etc) costs more than a new suit would. 750 * 6 = 4.5k I sell barbed for 5k a set, horned for 4k a set, and spined for 3k a set. No one buys non-special leather though. Horned sells really well because of its fire resist, so try selling some of those!

B

Blackmarlin

i burnt 10K from GM to 104.1.......and lotsa sewing kits too

P

Pug the Tall

Thanks for all the information everyone. Last night I acquired a +20 tailoring scroll and I wanted to start working on tailoring again. I'm currently at 100.1 . Yay!! Go me...!

Anyway...i've tried to consolodate all the information into a nice list...heres what I have so far:

100.0 -> 103.7 -- Studded Gorgets
103.7 -> 107.9 -- Studded Gloves
107.9 -> 111.7 -- Studded Sleeves
111.7 -> 115.0 -- Studded Leggings

119.0 -> 120.0 -- Bone armor?

As you can see, there's a pretty big gap in here. Does anyone have experience from 115 to 120? Is that when we should switch from studded leggings to tunics?

At the very "hole" you mentioned. They must have left it off because after legs it makes sense to move on to the tunic.

I've followed this guide not exactly but pretty close and gotten to 119.3 on about 80K of leather. Anyhow Now I need to get my bone...

Anyone able to suggest? I'd say just GGS it, but I'm not getting any GGS either. Sigh. Guess everyone is working this right now.

What is a reasonable price to pay for bone? I think I'm gonna need about 10K to finish up. :C

M

Melou

I've followed this guide myself as well. Went up to 117.6 for now and I'd like to know what's the highest skill you can get to doing studded tunics? Can you go up to 120%? I'd really prefer spanking the cash to get the extensive amount of leather then have to harvest 5k+ bones...

Bolvai's method is based on gains until you reach 100% success rate on any specified item, then moves on to the other. I don't know if a .1 gain = .1 raise on studded tunic success rate, so you now know why i'm asking /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

From the above post from Pug the Tall, he seems to have gone up to 119.3 producing only studded tunics...

T

thalia

Oh my goodness! I wish I would have found this months ago when I first started working above GM. I was making tunics with low success. Now I know why! I am having marginal success so far but it's a LOT better than before. Thank you so much for making this post a sticky and thank you to Bolvai for your amazing post!

P

Pug the Tall

Having worked smithing to leg already.... and tailoring nearly so. It is my experiance that you can continue to gain on something up until you have 100% success rate in producing a Non-exceptional item. Until you hit that 100% you should be able to continue to work the skill creating that item and you will continue to gain.... as for moving to bone...

You MUST move to bone when you hit 119.

PS anyone on pacific have some bones they wanna sell? I'm buying at 30 per /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

G

Does it matter what type of leather I use?
Will I gain better perhaps using barbed leather, than I would with regular leather?
What do I make from 110 to 120?

G

110-111.7 Studded sleeves
111.7-115.0 ? Legs
115 +/- 119 Tunics
119-120 Bone

M

Mini the Thief

Do gains really just STOP after 107.9 on studded gloves? im at 107.5 right now and getting pretty good and consistent gains, and they've been speeding up, in fact, since the slow 104s.

M

mike3367

Just wanted to say i used this post to start my tailoring and 10 days latter there a new gm tailor on pac now thanks for this post

G

119.0 worked with studded turnics for 2hrs and not 1 gain. Made some bone armor for a lbod and gained .1 off legs. So it seems bone is the only way to gain as Tim said a few post up from this one. Thanks Tim for the heads up. I just hope 10k bones and 17k leather will get me that last .9.

T

Trelim

Bolvai, great log you kept, its made me know what to expect, and given me estimates on leather i'll need, so far it seems up to par (111.6 atm). Just had to say thanks. *shrugs* i'm odd?

G

<blockquote><hr>

119.0 worked with studded turnics for 2hrs and not 1 gain. Made some bone armor for a lbod and gained .1 off legs. So it seems bone is the only way to gain as Tim said a few post up from this one. Thanks Tim for the heads up. I just hope 10k bones and 17k leather will get me that last .9.

<hr></blockquote>

OSI pulled a fast one here. Before power scrolls came out tunics had a skill of 95.4 (can check the out of date stratics page here, still shows them at 95.4), which if they would have stayed there would allow you to skill all the way to 120. Well after the power scrolls came out they mysteriously changed to 94.0, meaning they max at 119.0, forcing you to use bone for that last point.

Sly move /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

<blockquote><hr>

Do gains really just STOP after 107.9 on studded gloves? im at 107.5 right now and getting pretty good and consistent gains, and they've been speeding up, in fact, since the slow 104s.

<hr></blockquote>

Yes 107.9 is the last gain gloves will give you. You can go 25 points past the minimum skill to make it then no more gains. Gloves are 82.9 which maxxes at 107.9.

You also noticed what I noticed and I have started a post to track it (A tailors journey 100-120). The closer you get to 100% success rate the faster the gains come. My partner and I are skilling to 120 together and we both notice it. Its referred to as "the sweet spot", from about 95% up to the end the gains are great.

J

Justferfun

Hey ya'll, I'm currently 112.1 and wanted ya to know u can do sleeves up to 112.0 which is 99.8% I'm gaining about .1 per 350 hides right now and loving it. thanks for the post

-Jose Cuervo
Drunken Tailor

S

speedman

This thread is great! I've been following it as a guide for post GM and it's working great. I'm at 105.4 now (110 scroll read) and am thinking about reading a 115 or 120 scroll.

Anyways, here's my gain diary up to this point:

Got a GGS gain after not doing any tailoring for a while that took me to 100.1

Made Studded gorgets from 100.1 to 100.8 (+0.7)
Used 1946 normal leather with recycling (278.0 leather per gain average)

Made Studded gorgets from 100.8 to 101.6 (+0.8)
Used 3897 normal leather with recycling (487.1 leather per gain average)

Made Studded gorgets from 101.6 to 102.4 (+0.8)
Used 1947 normal leather with recycling (243.4 leather per gain average)

Made Studded gorgets from 102.4 to 103.8 (+1.4)
Used 1772 normal leather with recycling (126.6 leather per gain average)

Made Studded gloves from 103.8 to 104.5 (+0.7)
Used 1944 normal leather with recycling (277.7 leather per gain average)

Made Studded gloves from 104.5 to 105.4 (+0.9)
Used 1619 normal leather with recycling (179.9 leather per gain average)

Used only 13125 leather up to this point with an average of 247.6 leather per gain on average! Outstanding!

Here's my post-GM plan:
100.0-103.8 studded gorgets
103.8-107.9 studded gloves
107.9-112.1 studded sleeves
112.1-116.2 studded leggings
116.2-119.0 studded tunics (no thanks to OSI here)
119.0-120.0 bone legs (need lots of bones--can you even unravel these?)

Autenil, Pacific GM Craftsman (Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Miner, Tailor, Tinkerer)

S

speedman

Ok, I finally made Elder status which is my current cap. Here's my final gain dairy entries (see previous post for previous gain diary entries):

Made Studded gloves from 104.5 to 105.6 (+1.1)
Used 2596 normal leather with recycling (236.0 leather per gain average)

Made Studded gloves from 105.6 to 107.2 (+1.6)
Used 5196 normal leather with recycling (324.8 leather per gain average)

Made Studded gloves from 107.2 to 107.9 (+0.7)
Used 1921 normal leather with recycling (274.4 leather per gain average)

Made Studded sleeves from 107.9 to 109.3 (+1.4)
Used 5329 normal leather with recycling (380.6 leather per gain average)

Made Studded sleeves from 109.3 to 110.0 (+0.7)
Used 2577 normal leather with recycling (368.1 leather per gain average)

Totals: 29125 normal leather, 294.2 leather per gain average

Anyone got an extra 115 or 120 scroll?

Autenil, Pacific GM Craftsman (Alchemist, Blacksmith, Carpenter, Miner, Elder Tailor, Tinkerer)

M

MikeGreatLakes

This whole process, from 100 - 120 (I'm at 119.4 at the moment) has really taken the fun out of the game for me. I question myself often as to why I'm even doing this. The payoff for all this work is such a let down. Very limited perk/bonus for being "Legendary". The process of collecting bones as well as leather is too time consuming for players such as myself, 40+ hour job, tasks around the home and obligations outside work leave me little time to actually play the game for the reasons I enjoy. I refuse to pay the prices others charge for their leather and bones...so...I have become a slave to ths one character as I try to achieve this goal. The bones should be available on characters that pose a challenge to the player, as well as the easy kills like a shadow Wisp. What is fun about killing S Wisps for over an hour to collect 1k-1.5k bones?

Sorry if I sound like a baby or bitter...but after going through 4k bones and 4k leather with no gain...I'm a bit frustrated and feeling foolish for investing this much time into an online game.

S

speedman

If you want a challenging way to get bones, you could either go to Ilshenar south/southeast of the Valor gate and kill the zombies amongst the lich lords :)

Either that or dive into the solen hive and find an ant lion spawn (my preferred method for bones atm).

I can only imagine it's difficult because i'm stuck at 110 right now :-(

I have a near-legendary friend who makes only bone armor every other day to get a GGS gain. I suggested bone leggings and he said that he only got gains on bone armor for some reason.

Good luck

H

Hylle

<blockquote><hr>

Right on brother keep it up. The more results the better. If we can all prove this thing works it should go to the faq so people can once again just look up there for the info. Saw a 20 tailoring scroll going for 2 mill and my pockets started to burn lol. I think I will wait till they come down a bit though.

<hr></blockquote>

Just wanted to add my thanks, and say I definitely vouch for this method.

All my kids were away for the last two days and I decided to try for 120 while I had the chance to play. (I was 107.5)

Following your instructions I finally reached Legendary tonight. Woohoo! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I can't tell you how much it cost, many tens of thousands of hides. The one thing I did, that I haven't seen anyone mention yet is that I decided to plough straight through from 119.5-120, rather than do the GGS thing. I saw someone post that it was 0.1 every 51 hours, and I couldn't wait for that /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

That last burst took me 2500 bones only, but I think I must have got lucky when I found a sweet gain spot in Nujelm (my regular gain spots weren't giving me anything) and got the last 0.4 in about 10 minutes /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

Thanks again. And to all the other aspiring gm+ tailors out there....USE THIS METHOD! It works! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

H

Hylle

A higher success rate means faster crafting and less resource burning, a big bonus for me personally.

Also Sannio has stated that the crafter's skill and luck are factors in item enhancement.

L

LordZahn

Can you post a link to that tread please? I was under the impression that over GM had no effect on enhance... let alone luck?

N

Nirces

luck doesn't at all, they are thinking about it thou.

Skill has mixed signals - the amount of properties on an item effects the chance, and there is limited eviderance that the success chance of crafting the item your enhancing affects it, which means if you got 100% to make below GM then over GM would not effect it anyway.

not certian thou

S

skyn_floote

Thx for the info. I just got a +10 scroll and was hoping I didnt have to do tunics till 110.

great work

I

Ichijo

Well now I find this post after wasting 10k hides at 119 with no gains. I guess its time to kill for bones. Is anybody selling bones at vendors that would make this so much quicker. Good luck for all the other tailors out there. I have xtra PS for 105, 110 and 115 if someone needs them. I hang out at Luna with Ichijo, Ichijo III, Jodah and Memmoch. say Hi if you see me.

whoops im on Baja

G

I've hit a wall at 109.4 and used a couple of thousand leather and got nothing. I have tried making a bag of leggings followed by tunics, followed by leggings and tunics again to try force a gain but nothing. I waited a couple of hours and came back to it to try again and still the same thing.
I have the points available so it isnt that and I so hate to waste leather trying to keep pushing for a gain that just isnt coming.

D

David

only 10k? u gona kidding me, it take me 100k to reach 119 and take 3k bone to reach 119.2 and i finilly let aos gift to reach 120 thinks gold! thanks osi! i hate for hunting bones!

D

Deadkenny

I wanted to make a suggestion for the people that have not yet received a PS scroll.
If you are on the track to be legendary tailor it is much better that you hold off for that scroll as much as you can. Buy it if you need to or get it through bods.... I see many people spending quite a bit of change at banks for a 110 and not opting for a 115 or 120 because it is too expensive. Thing is, you pay say 60k for the 110, then get hooked once you hit 110 and go buy a 115 for 500K+. Then you get really hooked because you see the finish line and work yourself to a frenzy to find a 120 which will cost you millions. The whole time you wanted to be legendary so just buy the legendary scroll in the first place!! If you think price is an issue then use your skill to make bazillions of items to sell for cash to NPCs. I think many forget how the return rates for this stuff is worth. Once you have the scroll then work to your hearts content on your way to legend. If you receive PS scrolls through bods or gift then by all means use it. But it just seems like a waste to spend cash on a 105, 110 or 115 when all you really want is the 120.

DK

C

Chinalilly

100.0 -&gt; 103.7 -- Studded Gorgets
103.7 -&gt; 107.9 -- Studded Gloves
107.9 -&gt; 111.7 -- Studded Sleeves
111.7 -&gt; 115.0 -- Studded Leggings

That's the guide I'm following from this thread.

I'm currently at 104.4 and making studded gloves. I've used about 13K leather so far from 100 to 104.4, and find I get a gain about every 400 or so hides...sometimes it's nearer to 500.

Is this normal leather usage?

G

I hit 115 tailoring the day before we got publish 18 on Europa so all I had to do was log in the next day and bump it to 120! I was so happy! I love not ever making normal leather tunics and thus wasting charges on my runic sewing kits /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif
Fantastic!

China, those gains aren't so bad... I had some real nightmares raising mine and hitting walls where I would waste thousands of leather trying to break through.

C

Chinalilly

I finally got to 115. It took a week and 64.5K leather to do it from 100 skill. I'm so grateful for the +5 skills gift. I can't fathom what the number of leather would be to 119, and then the number of bones on top of that from 119 to 120.

I'll never work up another tailor beyond 100 again. It's just not worth the time or the expense.

S

Strider

If would like to try this method out but I dont have a tailor powerscroll. If anyone has a +5, +10, +15 or +20 ill be happy to take it off your hands /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif my icq is 41258573.

C

Cryogen

Mike, I know exactly what you mean. If I didn't have my +5 skill bonus to use, I wouldn't waste my time on Legendary Tailor, either. I can get to 115 w/o bone, so I figured wtf. If, on the rare chance, I actually get a 120 Smith PS, too, I have plenty of iron ingots so I don't need to save the +5 for that. Just not having to waste all that bone makes the +5 the greatest thing since breast milk.

X

XTR

My Tailor went Legendary this weekend (Thanks to the +5 gift)

I hit walls on both Arms and Legs and bumped up to Legs and Tunics before I hit 100% and seemed to get better gains.

Talk about ugly....I hit a wall at 114 and went through 5000 or more hides before I hit 114.1 and after I dropped another 2k hides I switched to Tunics. (I was at 90%+ on them so I still got good returns

I got good gains all the way to 115.

My wifes crafter hat incredible luck getting hides for me on Sat night and Sunday. If anyone on Cats was trying to buy hides I'm sorry, LOL. I'm through now, and she is waiting for a 120 scroll to do her Tailor. (anyone want to buy a 115?)

R

Rhiannon:)

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this thread. I just made legendary, and this information motivated me to do it, as well as work more efficiently. Thanks so much!!!

G

Thank you so much for posting your gains. This will help me a lot. *runs off to find similar post in Smithing forum*

B

Bolvai

You are most welcome and heh if you dig far enough you may find the one I did there /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif. Save yourself the digging though and just follow the same method starting with plate gorgets until they are made successfully 100%, then switch to gloves, etc. Good Luck!

-Flint Atlantic

N

NewbLJ

I would just like to say a BIG thank you to all who have contributed to this post! The information in here has stopped me going bald!! (i would have ripped my hair out by now if i had carried on as i was before!)

Thanks again
Nick