• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another Imbueing Question

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to unravel arties/cursed arties. For example the axe of heavens has 4 properties at max intensity. Can i unravel this to recieve the best ingrediants?

K

K'torr

I believe I read somewhere that you can only unravel things that can be enhanced,
and I don't thing arties, cursed or otherwise can be enhanced. Not positive about this though.

T

trammelite

so let me hop on this:

will it really be possible to imbue a standard ring/brace into a 15 def chanche 15 hit chance 25 damage increase 15 fire resist and 15 poison resist ring or brace ?
that would be insane ak a joke ....

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't see why it shouldn't be possible. Will level the playing field a lot more. And it's not like everyone is going to have 5 props at 100% intensity on every item.

T

trammelite

i mean, that would be a one in a billion item. shouldn't be like this that anybody could imbue anything into that. don't we all have the items of the type "nice but ..." which will turn into "uber" now ?

K

K'torr

Again, not certain on this, but along with only being able to unravel things you can enhance, I think you can only Imbue things that can normally be enhanced.
And since you can't enhance jewls.....

Perhaps if we could get a Dev's clarification on this. Would make a good FoF.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everybody having "uber" items instead of just the people with no lives? Sounds good to me, I don't see why you're complaining. Unless you're one of the PvPers with "uber" items that likes killing the poor blues.

D

D'Amavir

Don't see why it shouldn't be possible. Will level the playing field a lot more. And it's not like everyone is going to have 5 props at 100% intensity on every item.
How is it leveling the playing field really? You say that 'everybody having uber items' is good but you also say 'it's not like everyone is going to have 5 props at 100% intensity on every item'.

You are right, not every one will have those god awful uber items. The same people that have the god awful uber items will. Why? Because it will take god awful uber items to imbue god awful uber items. How is that better? The gap between the haves and the have nots won't change. The haves will just have more god awful uber items while the have nots will have less. Just like now.

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The way I understand the system is that jewelry will be imbuable (dev confirmed) and that we can start with a 'plain' iron crafted item with no properties and add 5 mods to it (dev confirmed).

I imagine artifacts will not be imbuable or unravelable (don't remember if a dev mentioned this or not).

Finally I believe this will level the playing field because suits can be hammered out that are pretty much identical.... it will bring us a lot closer to pre-AoS with the same armor and weapon on everyone with some type of wealth or patience with PvE. (Speculation on my part.)

S

Sarphus

Is it possible to unravel arties/cursed arties. For example the axe of heavens has 4 properties at max intensity. Can i unravel this to recieve the best ingrediants?
You can read all the known details of imbuing (subject to change) in this thread (stickied at the top of uhall).
http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=107643

I thought I read somewhere that you can't unravel artifacts, but I don't see it now. I may have just forgotten to update the thread. My gut tells me you can't unravel artifacts, because you can't imbue artifacts. That may be incorrect.

In response to the discussion about making a 5x max mod jewlery piece...

Yes, you could eventually create jewlery like that, but imbuing gets exponentially more difficult as your item's overall intensity increases. People will proabably eventually have items like you describe, but they will have to do a lot of work to get those items. Think of imbuing as a quest for improved items. It's a lot like enhancing items, except you have to get more rare/expensive ingredients for imbuing.

T

trammelite

@Ender

no, i am surely not one of those.
my point was more like, today i am spending quite a time for building "THE" armor suit(s) for my char(s) depending on the purpose. you all know it, how you can rummage for hours through the junk you have collected or traveling the shops looking for the part(s) missing, bringing you closer to perfection (what ever that means for poor after-work players like me ;) )
now i will just ravel up the majority of the better stuff and imbue the missing properties to whatever i will need. it might take some time, but it will in the end deliver exactly what i was looking for - no compromises.
i am a little split here, if that will be a progress or not. currently it is tempting, because at least i might have a chance to get uber gear. but somehow i feel that the impact will be different than expected by the dev team, cant really explain why, maybe bad experience form past added features. we will probably again end up with pre-patch uber stuff the power players have and post-patch junk for the average players.
i will see how this turns out when imbuing has gone life.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
What the real pancake with the system is you have to make the item with NORMAL materials - they can't be imbued if crafted or already enhanced with special materials like the colored leathers, ingots or woods. (nor can you unravel things that are aalready these types)

THEN you can enhance them - and probably have a 99% chance of breaking.

It sounds like armor will be the one thing NOT big on the imbuing scene...

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clarification:
uo imbuing page said:
Magical items cannot be magically unraveled if they cannot be recycled or if they are made out of special material.
Artifacts are tagged with either cannot be recycled or are made of special materials. So They probably can't be unraveled. (Like Sarphus, I recall having seen this in more specific terms, but I can't remember where. Town hall maybe?)

Another "I have heard but can't remember where" is that imbuing won't break the item you're working on, but will cost materials for working on it.

edit: Found the where: in the town hall notes.

T

trammelite

i was asking for jewels here especially, because these don't have durability and therefore are not affected by the "no self rep" and "no pof" restriction.
the other stuff goes away some day, but the jewels stay ingame and wont wear down.

@Basara
the imbuing faq-thread says items dont break when imbuing fails.

F

Fink

@Basara
the imbuing faq-thread says items dont break when imbuing fails.
Barasa's point was you can't enhance until after imbuing. Basically saying it would be painful and frustrating going through all that imbuing to make a decent-modded piece of armour, then enhancing it for resists only to have it break, suggesting imbuing armour won't be a popular pursuit.

I think the way around that might be to knock out runics in plain leather that have godly resists in the right areas, then imbue and DON'T enhance. It means cutting yourself out of the material bonus, but if you can get the resists right from the runic then it could be worthwhile.

H

Holise

from what i read with imbueing threads some where in uhall...i think the answer is no you can only unravels item that can be smelt,crafted,or loots from monsters..i tried to test it out but i cant smelt arties so the answer is no i guess...