• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

EM Announcement Announcing My Farewell

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
This will be a little sudden I'm afraid, but it's time for me to move on from the EM program; I tendered my resignation today.

It wasn't an easy decision; It's been an honour to serve the dedicated community of Europa; We've had some great times together, no sad memories even of the more naughty amongst you all, and we've told some interesting stories together! Many of which your responses too and roleplay with helped shape far beyond my initial ideas...

So I hope you'll look back as fondly as I do at the months we had, and if every now and then you can give Bladdersticks' chicken a quick squeeze, and smile in memory of them too, they were all worth it.

Where the program goes from here is up to Mesanna; however I hope you'll stay the creative and engaged community you are until a replacement arrives. I realise it is leaving you in the lurch, and it's a lurch to do so, but you'll pull through; I was just some schmuck in a robe, but the heart of the community is, and always was here, in the players.

Long live Europa!

Lucky Luke

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We will miss you surely Gotan :) Thanks for providing us with the necessary entertainment for those months. A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do right :D

Farewell :)

Lien Ragus

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I m really sad to hear this Gotan. You did start so many things in a very short period of time that i thought we had a lot of time in front of us to deal with. I know that Europa might not be the easiest shard due to a very small number of ppl but over it s a friendly one.
That leaves us once again EM orphans....
You surely should have your reasons and i d just like to wish you the best for anything you might do in the future.

Good luck and thanks for all your efforts Gotan,
Lien

Willowwolf

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gotan,
I'm sorry to see you go. I'm not a role player but I've always immensely enjoyed the events you put so much thought into... I liked that you were active and involved with the Governors as well as the people of Europa in general. You are my first real experience with an EM and I'll miss you.. I wish great things for you... And hope to see you in game somewhere... Nina

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry to hear this and im sorry to you and everyone else if my rant on sunday night had any input in your decision to leave us

wish you all the best in your new ventures

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad to see EM's leave..always hear good things about Europa events!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Valura

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have thoroughly enjoyed all the playing time I have had in your events Gotan. I hope that you will reconsider, I am sure it isnt too late but if your mind is made up then I wish you well and thank you for enriching my ever lengthening journey in UO.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad times...europa without a EM .... still...we move foward...Oh and good luck on your new ventures Gotan...and thankyou for the time u gave to europa

Roland Of Gilead

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I really enjoyed all the awesome stuff you did for our shard. You will be sorely missed Gotan. I always felt like you were willing to go that extra mile an stick around to talk an answer questions an in general be friendly and make us feel like you cared about what we had to say--even when you couldn't possibly have. There's a lot of us that feel like we know you an you know us, and we can engage in friendly banter an such when we see you in chat or in game. Seemed a nice lil personal touch to me that you really seemed to know more of us as individuals a bit and I commend you for it. I enjoyed the gov thing-thx for making it fun. In short, I Really enjoyed all of your events and thank you for good times m8! Sucks to see ya go and we will miss you TONS!!! --Keenan

Wanda of DCi

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am very sad to see you go! I would like to say ‘Thank You’ for putting together some great events and helping us put on a great Rares Fest. I especially liked that you would take the time after events to chat with us and ask us for input on how it went from our perspective. I also liked that you were open to player ideas for current and future events. Bladderstick’s horrible puns and jokes will be some of the best memories I have from my UO experience.

Thank you again for the time and effort you put forth making our playtime more enjoyable. You will be GREATLY missed!

Wanda

Phineas

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I, like the others above, am sad to see you go. I believe you had some outstanding ideas for events. It appeared we were really only just starting to scratch the surface of a much bigger plotline. As Wanda wrote, Bladderstick will be one of the fond memories I will always have from UO and I certainly learned quite a bit working with you on the Rares Fest.
Good luck in the future and thank you for donating your time to make Europa even more enjoyable through your imaginative storylines.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Aww crap, who let him escape? The last one out should lock the door when they leave!

Sorry to see you go Gotan :(
All the best.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Goose luck for the future Gotan. Safe travels. And its been fun reading about your exploits even if I have only attended a couple of speaky/talky events on an alt character.

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
and so ends the Europa EM program for the foreseeable future if not permanently..If this was the griefers (and by extension those unhappy about not getting mega gold items) objective well then bloody well done :facepalm:

Sad day for Europa :(

Jonathen

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not wanting to pre-empt an official announcement, but it seems another EM is ready to step in so don't lose hope yet Ara! Gotan like many others I'll be sad to see you go, your enthusiasm for the job was greatly appreciated as I hope you realise

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Thank you all for your best wishes; I'm not speaking on behalf of Broadsword now, but I have heard from many players a former EM is returning to pick up straight away, so you shouldn't be without support for long. Make sure to give them a warm welcome, and remember, the real content of any event is you, the community! So continue to be as awesome as before!

And no don't worry, my leaving wasn't down to any of you, cheeky as you often could be! ;)

If the replacement EM gets in touch I'll let them know what plot strands were left hanging (and where I left my mess), bounce on all the Governor information with your permissions, and make the transition as smooth as I am allowed to do so. If the name I've been given is correct, they'll hit the ground running anyway. But it really is back to a private citizen for me now, so the future lies with you! Use it well and work with them to keep Europa wonderful!

Regarding Make A Deal, that was always Mesanna's call, so won't be affected by whether you have an EM or not. Direct all correspondence to her.

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
I was shocked when I read this and I still cant believe it.......:stretcher:

Gotan, with you going we have not only lost a amazing EM but also lost a very good friend to the shard and the players!!! You would help us and explain us how to create our events and how to make them better, that for me is priceless!!! You took your own time to be there for us, even when times were hard, If I were there present with you, Id shake your hand and give you a big farewell hug my amigo!!!

I can say first hand that they day I returned after being absent for many years, was the day I met you in the Council du Roi, and you not even knowing me or what I was gonna do added me to the story write up which made me very proud, happy and excited to play in Europa. I can only say you will be missed by me and I am sure by loads more players too:(
I give you a personal thank you for helping me build my Jhelom event and tons more stuff and helping me with my RP!!
If you ever reconsider returning to the EM programme, please come back to us, You are loved the the Europeans!!!! On the other hand, Now I guess you will be allowed to play with us in-game or is that not allowed???

Big hug from your friend,

Alex

EM Gotan

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran

Stubentiger

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
We were called to help Skaros, one of the King's men, on Sunday and were to meet at the usual place in Britain. Due to some travel difficulties and a pounding headache from bad Vesperian ale I arrived a little late in Britain, but luckily either the king in his drunken stupor or one of his advisors had gotten the date wrong and so our help seemed not to be needed.

Instead, a greenish glowing bone dragon that went by the name of Memen Tor appeared in front of the gathered crowd to challenge us with various threats and a variation of "Trick or Treat". Even though there was no sign of any actual treats the people started jumping through a portal opened by the bone dragon, following it the gods know where.

As I could hardly return to my Sergeant without having a look myself I grabbed my *The word ale is crossed out* sword and headed through that damned magic portal. As expected nothing nice greeted us but a dark scary cavern full of strange sounds. After lighting my torch I followed the adventurers before me and we headed off into the tunnels, towards the sound of what I now recognized as battle. People ran like crazy through the tunnels looking for loot and treasure, but as far as I saw there were only monsters awaiting us trying to make us their next snack.

I followed one of the tamers that had a big strong dragon around and together we attacked a skeletal dragon that had set its eyes on us. The dragon engaged and I supported it. Well, at least I tried until a gentle tap of the skeletal dragons paw sent me flying into unconsciousness. And that was not even that greenish Memen Tor thing.

A nice healer revived me, charging quite a hefty sum from me for that service and claiming that even compassionate people need to eat... damn priests!

I got up and followed the tamer with his nice pet around and was a lot more careful with engaging this time, which means I stayed mostly out of the dragon's way and let it do the job.

It seems the promise of treats was exaggerated, since once the whole system of caverns had been explored, no big heap of treasure could be found. Apparently, that Memen Tor thing had staged it all just for his amusement, while we tried to scramble through the tunnels.

So we all returned with no loot, but as far as I saw no one was seriously hurt except their pride and greed. I learned that it is safer to stay way behind a dragon and cheer it on than to join fighting stupidly powerful things myself. I now wish to return to my normal duties of catching shoplifters and chasing the occasional orc away from Trinsic.

Shae

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be safe in the knowledge, he will be back, they always come back.