• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Animals Needed - Zoo Donations.

G

I know we have had post's before requesting tammers to donate to the zoo, but I was inspired today after reading a post on U-Hall ( CLICK HERE TO READ )

It spoke of efforts Drachenfels as a community are going to to boost the small shard zoo levels to beat the larger shards zoo levels. Here is a link to the post on the Drachenfels forums that started it all ( CLICK HERE )

I thought it was fantastic that a smaller shard was banning together and filling the zoo, and in the end they actually got the top levels. Here is a link to the Tamer forums and a discussion about levels per shard ( CLICK HERE )

Now people ask why they should waste time and do this, and the answers I have are

1) Community - this is something that is on going as a community
2) Perfect for Tamers in training - gives purpose and reward for taming aside from skill gain.
3) Rewards - some of the rewards that can be had for points donation are great here is a link to UOGuide about points and rewards ( CLICK HERE )
4) And for me it would just be the buzz of achieving something a larger shard can do, proving we can do it and seeing the zoo full.

So I guess I end this post with asking Who is with me? Who else is going to donate and try and get Oceania up there with zoo levels?

G

Well, I already donate whenever I can get in game, so dunno if that really counts as "with you" but I'm all for everyone trying to get the zoo up in points =)

Just a couple months ago there was quite a bit of movement in the zoo, I think we got as high as tier 3 or 4, but the decay rate is so fast =/

I posted in guild chat about it while I was in PoC - I think there was a couple from PoC doing it then too. But I would also regularly see 3 or 4 people I didn't know as I was dropping pets off =)

G

I have just dropped some runes to the zoo around the cities with <font color="purple">"ZOO DONATION - ANIMALS NEEDED"</font> on them maybe they will spike some interest

G

Good idea! Hope it helps =D

Off topic I know, but another thing that would be REALLY cool to see Oce do, is finally clean up Papua
Ophidians there make great training for my Cu's, but I wouldn't complain having to find somewhere else to train 'em

G

<blockquote><hr>

Good idea! Hope it helps =D

Off topic I know, but another thing that would be REALLY cool to see Oce do, is finally clean up Papua
Ophidians there make great training for my Cu's, but I wouldn't complain having to find somewhere else to train 'em

[/ QUOTE ]

I know poc have done hunts to Papua a few times our swabbies seem to really enjoy it....is it actually still possible for us to clean it up? I mean can we actually wipe out the spawn or will it just keep coming? has any other shard cleaned it out?

As for the runes I do not know if it helped, But hey it was a start here is the statistics for the Zoo today (just before I logged out).......

<font color="purple">Current Tier:</font> 1

<font color="purple">Current Points:</font> 1168534

<font color="purple">Points Untill Next Tier:</font>631466

G

and the statues and the clothes? how about a collection of all tiers of zoo animals?? huh huh huh kmon :p:p:p:p

G

Yesterdays Results:
Current Tier: 1

Current Points: 1168534

Points Untill Next Tier:631466

Here are the results for today so far:

<font color="blue">Current Tier:</font> 1

<font color="blue">Current Points:</font> 1224473

<font color="blue">Points Untill Next Tier:</font>775527

G

I wasn't very helpful today =P

I was so busy, and I sat down to start my hour of game time, tamed *one* unicorn, and my mum came to visit =P

Hope others are having more luck! =D

G

<blockquote><hr>

I already have a full set of the Royal Britannia Zoo Armor

[/ QUOTE ]

Droool...

I've almost got enough points saved for half a pair of leggings..

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Only one set?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Only one set?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love a set also........*dreams* one day.

p.s I was slack today also as I am reworking my tamer template.....and think I broke it LOL

G

I had had a thought, have they added in greater dragons to zoo donations? cause they would have to be worth a bucket load more then normal dragons!!

G

I would actually like to see them add some more monsters to the ZOO for donation......I tamed a bake the other day and got a tiny tiny 40points, I was not a happy chappy.

Sneaky Que

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I mean can we actually wipe out the spawn or will it just keep coming?

[/ QUOTE ]

Papua on Oceania has been overrun for years by savages on the Fel side since the invasions I believe, which was the first scenario in 2001. Its kinda their town now...

The Ophidians I think can be defeated, the Savages I think are there for good hehe.

G

Oh heck yeah, I really do wish they would make it so every critter you could tame could be donated :/ I keep having "gaps" as I'm training my tamer where I can't donate anythign I am taming =P

Oh, and while I'm off in dreamland, I also wish they would make it per account, not character, cos I'm training more than 1 tamer, and I'm NEVER gonna get enough points on both of them (my third one doesnt have magery, so can't gate to the zoo with tames =P)

Sneaky - I had the impression that Ophidians were still defeatable too. I keep collecting rations, hope they do have a turn in for them soon

G

I think that unless we all band together and get the decay rate changed in the zoo it all goes to waste this along with other museums need a good look at

G

Perhaps we should start another thread banding together to clean out Papua?

I guess we need to try and get a solid answer on if we can actually clean it up...the savages can stay they need a place to go *smiles* but the other nasties need to leave they are eating to many savages....and innocent hunters.

As for the Zoo, yep totally agree we all need to banned together to beat the decay and I also wish they would add to the list of donatable (don't think thats a word but you get that) animals. Maybe they could add a rare animal collector some place that will pay you gold for any animal and then you could then donate the gold to the zoo at least.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Past Results:

Past Results:

Current Points: 1224473

Points Untill Next Tier:775527

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">Current Points:</font> 1269106

<font color="purple"> Points Untill Next Tier:</font>730894

I have been a bit slack over the past couple of days as I am tweaking my template but I have managed to donate a few unicorns here and there...how is everyone else going?

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ages ago there was talk about slowing the point decay rate on different shards to make it more equal, but it never happend. Thats about when i gave up to be honest. I got my full set of leather armour and my zoo title and that was it for me.

If you want to start a thred on Uhall about the points, ill join in too.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ages ago there was talk about slowing the point decay rate on different shards to make it more equal, but it never happend. Thats about when i gave up to be honest. I got my full set of leather armour and my zoo title and that was it for me.

If you want to start a thred on Uhall about the points, ill join in too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes the decay rate is fairly high, and I believe it could be dulled down abit. But I think it has been mentioned on the Uhall forums and Tamers forums a few times now, it would probably be best to search out the old threads and bump them.

Although the decay rate is high I believe if as many tamers as possible took part we could fill the zoo and be up there with the more populated shards. It just takes a community effort and interest.

Its pretty sad that our zoo has a crane and that's it how sad and lonely is that poor little crane. So come on tamers do your best, guilds like

Evil Tamers of Oceania
Legion of Ultimate Sosarian Tamers
Tamers Anonymous NZ
TAMERS of VIRTUE
Tamers Society of Britannia

Should be right behind this and be trying to get there whole guild involved, perfect for guild events. Any guilds that have tamers could be setting goals maybe the guild could aim to get points for a statue for there guild hall or to auction for gold. There are many different things that could be done within guilds to make this a bit more fun.....perhaps a tamers scavenger hunt - list some animals send the tamers out first to bring back them all and donate them to the zoo wins.

Any way I hope we get the Zoo full as I do not think the Oceania Zoo has even been close yet.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem wasnt getting the points up, it was keeping them up. We did once have it nearly all the way up didnt we? Ill have a looksie on Uhall and see what i can findsie.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The problem wasnt getting the points up, it was keeping them up. We did once have it nearly all the way up didnt we? Ill have a looksie on Uhall and see what i can findsie.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think at the time we started to get the Zoo up, Papua and Ricardo happened and it just died off..and since then it has just been one thing after another I do not think any great interest has ever really been created about the zoo.

But I guess bottom line is we can only see what we can do if we try. *shrugs* and hope that the devs lower the decrease rate. And in the mean time we may get to see the zoo full and get some nice prizes for ourselves along the way.

G

If they included herded animals in the donations I'd join in. My tamer's already legendary &amp; I've no real desire to tame drake after drake.

G

<blockquote><hr>

If they included herded animals in the donations I'd join in. My tamer's already legendary &amp; I've no real desire to tame drake after drake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Break out and tame a rune bettle or reptilion or two or three..........*grins*

or some dragons and try and dodge that super one ...he would really keep it interesting I am sure.

But I also agree they need to include some more animals into the zoo and herding them would be a nice additive but how would you transfer it? Maybe herd it to the box I guess.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Break out and tame a rune bettle or reptilion or two or three..........*grins*

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, it's not a question of boredom, it's just the futility of it.

<blockquote><hr>

how would you transfer it? Maybe herd it to the box I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah-huh. I suggested that concept a few times on Ideas Den, also suggested herding wild animals to an Animal Trainer for some gold as a general game/skill addition.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

how would you transfer it? Maybe herd it to the box I guess.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah-huh. I suggested that concept a few times on Ideas Den, also suggested herding wild animals to an Animal Trainer for some gold as a general game/skill addition.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooh I like that idea as well....even to the butcher would be good.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I just started a thread on Uhall - CLICK HERE

T

tymbow

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Tell me about it. Not long after I rejoined UO (month or so ago) I though I'd pop on over to Papua and I got the fright of my life. I think my newbie character lasted about 2 seconds before about a million Ophidians descended. Funny as hell but it made me jump as I had no idea it had been overrun.

G

Aye there should be a warning when you recall or what ever into dangerous areas, or if your logging into one you should be teleported away. When i came back bout 4 years ago it was when nujelm i think it was, was over run with jukas. soon as i log in for the first time splat. then i got abused for being in there... go figure lol.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes that is an issue. You couldnt recal into Brit when that was invaded.

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Visitor from another world.*

Citizens of Oceania.

Helps this man in his noble quest.
When alot of tamers just donate a few pets a day alot can be achieved.
Where are the wealthy persons with a kind heart for people and animals.Maybe you find taming boring and have more fun fighting evil creatures and donate the gold from your adventures too the Zoo. There are many ways to show your kind and good souls.

We on Drachenfels have now 22.1 million points. the decay should make it go down hard every day. But instead its still growing!
I know Oceania can do it too when they pull together. Even if you can reach the highest Tier for 1 day, you can say to yourself, we did that, together! Take it one step at a time.Nothing is impossible! And let go of the greed of gold.

May the Virtues be with us, always!

New Frarc.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Aye there should be a warning when you recall or what ever into dangerous areas, or if your logging into one you should be teleported away. When i came back bout 4 years ago it was when nujelm i think it was, was over run with jukas. soon as i log in for the first time splat. then i got abused for being in there... go figure lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we need MORE dangerous areas, no warnings! Just one day up &amp; allow reds into Luna or something like that. Suddenly every gate takes you straight to the rat fort or somewhere worse! Or hordes of invading paragon ninja gorillas to rob you blind! Yeah..

Hot!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I think we need MORE dangerous areas, no warnings! Just one day up &amp; allow reds into Luna or something like that. Suddenly every gate takes you straight to the rat fort or somewhere worse! Or hordes of invading paragon ninja gorillas to rob you blind! Yeah..

Hot!

[/ QUOTE ]

You really just want more body parts don't you?...perhaps making a Frankensteins cat?

G

<blockquote><hr>

You really just want more body parts don't you?...perhaps making a Frankensteins cat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mrreow..

G

<blockquote><hr>

I love that pic.

Finks right, we need more mayhem! Start champ spawns in Luna, bring reds to tram etc etc....

[/ QUOTE ]

You want MAYHEM..........I'll give you MAYHEM, try and keep up with the hectic amount of animals it will take to fill the zoo. Set a goal to reach tier 2 by the end of a week. thats mayhem 20 tamers all at the zoo to donate animals stamping there feet impatiently, the smell of droppings the joy of watching the tiers clime......thats mayhem *grins*

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Past Results:

Past Results:

Current Points: 1224473

Points Untill Next Tier:775527

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">Current Points:</font> 1269106

<font color="purple"> Points Untill Next Tier:</font>730894

I have been a bit slack over the past couple of days as I am tweaking my template but I have managed to donate a few unicorns here and there...how is everyone else going?

[/ QUOTE ]

Zoo Check 4:

<font color="red">Current Tier: 1
Current Points: 1190053
Points Untill Next Tier: 809947</font>

G

Come Oceania Tamers show some support for the Zoo even if it is just one animal a day it all counts. If other small shards can do it so can we lets make it our goal to fill the zoo.

C

Cat Crimson

Go Oceania - if we on Drachenfels can do it , so can you !

It is not just the tamers, it is everyone from all walks of life ! Get your hands in your pockets and dig deep ! For the wealthy and collectors of ingame treasures, there are many interesting rewards to be had. But you don't have to be a multibillionaire to contribute - every wolf transferred or handful of loose change contributed helps !

G

Thank you so much for showing your support Cat Crimson, COME ON OCEANIA YOU CAN DO IT.

G

Has anyone ever seen a Silver Steed before? what are the story behind them?

G

Currently extinct creatures that were introduced with the Good/Evil system for Siege Perilous. For a short while these animals also spawned on regular shards.

Good aligned, very strong horses that seem to glow. They will attack all Evil beings and monsters on sight. Their preferred method of attack is magic, their fireballs can do 30 damage per hit. Stat and skillwise they fall in the same category as the Nightmare. Killing a Silver Steed may increase your Fame but will lower your Karma, depending on what levels you currently are of course.

Source &amp; pictures

G

oo thanks Katlene so wonderful as always *smiles*

It seems there was also a "Silver Wolf"

The Silver Wolf is the Good cousin of the Dire Wolf. Unlike the Dire Wolf, the Silver Wolf likes to attack Evil creatures and monsters. Killing a Silver Wolf can give you fame but can also cost you Karma. The Silver Wolf is about as strong and tough as a Dire Wolf. Are they included in the zoo also?
Picture &amp; Details Here

I think it would be cool for UO to do an event where all the extinct or rare animals where unleashed on the shard for a day or at least on display some place perhaps a travelling circus could be implemented for week or something buy a ticket to see the rare beasts.

I would love to see some more brightly hued dragons too. The current colours just do not do the majestic creatures justice.

S

siyeng0

<blockquote><hr>

i would love an animal dye tub, 'a pelt transmoglifier'. nothing thats neon or anything like that. but something so you could have a paint horse (uno the splotchy ones) or any other colour thats 'normal' thatd be so cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um. Okay. I'm trying to be all cynical here, but... that is totally the coolest idea ever! 8D I want one too! You could have a pinto horse, or a white dog, or a brown hiryu, or a green dragon... the list goes on and on! *gets excited just thinking about it*

G

<blockquote><hr>

i would love an animal dye tub, 'a pelt transmoglifier'. nothing thats neon or anything like that. but something so you could have a paint horse (uno the splotchy ones) or any other colour thats 'normal' thatd be so cool.
seriously love the no longer spawning animal zoo, thatd be so nice!!

[/ QUOTE ]

*imagines leopard printed cats* sounds very cool to me and the horse you mean is called a PINTO or paint horse is its nickname used alot by native Americans, I would like an appaloosa which are the brown coloured ones but they have like a white speckled bum. Or a to actually change the mane colour of my unicorns would be cool. I mean I like that they are white but to have rare coloured manes would be awesome.

any way back to bed for me I couldn't sleep so read some forums now back to the land of nod.

I

imported_Legacyee

*recalls in from Drachenfels*

Can I just say that on Drachs no-one was really interested in spending hours taming hundreds of animals to donate to the zoo, only to find all the points gone the next day, untill one person rallied us together and once we all started to donate about the same time and saw others doing the same we all started to think "hey this may be possible" and did just a little bit more, and then players who could not donate animals but had a bit of gold to spare donated that, and very soon it all statred to snowball into us reaching tier 11

So if you think that the little bit that you donate is a waste of time just add that to all the other little bits of wasted time that others donate and very soon you will see a differance.

But do it for fun, for your self, and for your shard

I only tame half a dozen unicorns a day and am very proud of the zoo on drachenfels, also it has brought the tamers closer together no matter what langauge they speak.

G

Thank you for the support and encouragement Legacyee.

Tina Small posted this on the tamers forum:-

<blockquote><hr>

Below are updated figures from around 9:00 am Mountain Time this morning (Saturday, March 8, 2008). The following eight shards, identified with an * below, had net increases from last week as follows: Catskills (1,446,640), Lake Superior (1,009,619), Hokuto (920,523), Yamato (793,482), Chesapeake (612,712), Great Lakes (234,054), Arirang (220,725), Siege Perilous (10,219).

The following shards were within 97% to 99% of their previous week’s total: Pacific (99%) and Izumo (99%). The following shards were within 90% to 96% of their previous week's totals: Mizuho (96%), Sonoma (95%), Drachenfels (95%), Sakura (94%), Napa Valley (94%), Formosa (92%), Oceania (91%), Lake Austin (90%), and Asuka (90%).

The total points across all shards was 100,808,756. The net decrease across all shards in one week was 863,640 points.

Tier 11
20,203,100 Drachenfels
11,197,862 Catskills*

Tier 8
8,051,447 Lake Superior*

Tier 7
7,512,996 Atlantic
7,045,221 Great Lakes*

Tier 5
5,798,302 Asuka

Tier 4
4,039,003 Hokuto*

Tier 3
3,882,899 Baja
3,812,844 Wakoku
3,586,537 Yamato*
3,548,372 Sakura
3,445,853 Pacific

Tier 2
2,752,923 Europa
2,695,810 Origin
2,337,147 Izumo
2,247,416 Mizuho

Tier 1
1,781,970 Chesapeake*
1,307,092 Arirang*
1,163,613 Oceania
1,027,071 Sonoma

Tier 0
920,773 Formosa
839,625 Legends
793,364 Lake Austin
559,866 Napa Valley
155,761 Siege Perilous*
79,188 Balhae
22,701 Mugen

[/ QUOTE ]

G

for an itty bitty shard we are doing pretty good - but I think we can do better come on OCEANIA.