• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

animal lore needed when training taming?

P

Pacex

Hello all...
I am a returning player, and I am at the moment trying to train my tamer up, he's at 96 animal taming now.
But I've read somewhere that I will gain better with lower skillpoints, so I've used soulstones and soulstone fragments to clear some of my skills, I am now at 426 skill points total.
But would it be an idea to store my animal lore on a soulstone while training animal taming, or would that resolve in me not being able to tame the creatures?
I've forgotten most about this game, so excuse me if this is a noob question :)

oh, btw, I am currently taming bulls for gains, does that sounds good? Im planning to tame bulls to around 100, but then I dont know what to tame after..

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oki, I've never found any difference in gain speed through having (or lacking) lore skill. It's just the total overall skill points which makes a difference.

The way I've always looked at it, if I need to use the character between training sessions, I tend to keep the full template on them. Otherwise I'd strip it back if I could with soulstones. But once you get to the higher skill levels, gains will slow down so much I don't find it worth keeping that minimal build. What I did instead was tame stuff like cu sidhe to work the spawn and then it's not just training taming, it's working the pups too. The gains creep up but I'm not screaming because it's been hours :D I still did trips at Jhelom, because it was easy to log out at the farm and I'd be there to grab a few tames over breakfast and before I logged for the night. I just wanted a bit of variety really :)

If you take a look at this post and the two following it, that should keep you on the right track. Just yell if you have more questions though :)

Wenchy

P

Pacex

Thanks for the reply :)
Exactly the thread I had read.. Sounds good with the lore, I think ill store it on soulstone while training then, that would get me below the magical 350 skillpoints :)
Ive been training like crazy with bulls the last 2 days, and Ive already reached 101,8, so think Ill keep going for bulls until 105 or so.
And btw there really is a noticable difference in gaining when at 700+ skill points and 430, so im hoping theres a bigger difference when going below the 350 :D

and thanks again for the help