• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

And another thing

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to remind folks and inform anyone that does not know that James Bunnyman is the Mayor of New Haven. He was elected in a vote by the RP community, and even many non RPers.

The deputy Mayor is the March Hare.

Any questions or comments should be directed to the office of Mayor Bunnyman. Any attempted take over of the local government will be severly ignored.

(That's still Maroy for Zuckuss)

V

Victoria Navarre

When and where was the vote held? I recall no open vote offered here in Stratics or the RP forum.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted.

Twice.

But I voted for the other guy. I don't remember the other guy's name, but I'm quite sure I voted for him.

V

Victoria Navarre

I remember the "vote" now...but I thought it was just a crank thread and just for laughs. I didn't think it was an actual vote.....

C

Corvak

I remember all the awesome campaign posters, but never voted for anyone :)

I haven't seen Mayor Bunnyman around town for a long time, I hope he hasn't been caught by a wolf or something :(

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to remind folks and inform anyone that does not know that James Bunnyman is the Maroy of New Haven. He was elected in a vote by the RP community, and even many non RPers.

The deputy Mayor is the March Hare.

Any questions or comments should be directed to the office of Mayor Bunnyman. Any attempted take over of the local government will be severly ignored.
Cool. I have never heard of the high ranking position of Maroy, but I assume that it is quite disquingished. Hopefully The RBG will be able to work with this "Maroy" and we can pring peace and unity to the town.

Had I known that the position of Maroy was available, I would have considered running for it myself.

The current mayor of New Haven is an NPC, so certainly no one will be able to "take over" New Haven. The position of vice-Maroy has been vacent now for some time. If the Maroy himself is active inside Haven, we can work together to improve it.

The true "Mayor" of Haven, an NPC character, will have final say over matters pertaining to the laws of Haven. I do not have a problem with a Maroy though, the position sounds very impressive, however it would be nice to be informed and included in the voting process... which apparently happened at Aegis according to Sir Rotep, and I mean no disrespect by quoting, so if I am incorrect please enlighten me.

We spend quite a bit of time in Haven, perhaps the Maroy would like to join us for some good conversation tonight.
Finally, can't we all work together on this?

C

CatLord

I remember the "vote" now...but I thought it was just a crank thread and just for laughs. I didn't think it was an actual vote.....

There was no vote but someone in he rp community went after James.
Someone placed gm trapped crates all over New Haven... killing several new players.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1338996

We, the Tormtars, cleaned the area... and we GRI and our allies held a meeting... simultaneously we posted on the boards if anyone opposed that James would be the Deputy Mayor.

All was cool...

So time flew by... and we saw no interest in doing anything, no interaction... and we waited... 9 months.

When May 2010 arrived we decided to have a New Haven Census.

http://www.uoforums.com/rbg-ooc-public/76487-new-haven-census-may-10-a.html?

and we voted on a new deputy mayor...
There was rumour of foul play again... and the Uss Baat'leb won the elections... well, one of them did.

Then June 2010... usual meeting on the first Sunday of the Month.

We discuss everything that affects New Haven, polished the details about RBG and voted on a New Haven Deputy Mayor... with Dove Rianna earning our trust.

Of those present, neither Va'lis nor Rotep were allowed to vote because they are not part of the Township.

The first belongs to Wind... the second is a Child of the Empire.
(they have their own areas of jurisdiction)

The way I see it is, a town in UO "belongs" to whoever RP's as it's citizens or militia. As far as EM's and storylines are concerned of course. James rarely come to Haven, and all of us in the circle are there incessantly, either as RBG or as circle guilds.

It makes sense that someone else who is always in town would be chosen by it's citizens as someone better able to lead it, knowing the current mayor doesn't care for his constituents, and spends more time in the Empire than in haven itself. Even if it is a smelly former pirate...

So, to end my reply... we not only roleplayed it, but we also posted the information and proceed with the interaction among all of our members.

Usually I would not try to explain what we are doing to other players that have little to no interest in helping us... however Aedon has been guiding us so we dont step on anyones jurisdiction/toes...

We appreciate if this could be bilateral... and the inspiring elder rpers of the community lead by example.

We welcome everyone to interact... and we warmly share our playtime with everyone... if respect is mutual.

However, any attempt to disrupt our gameplay will be severly ignored.

On an activity chart... we are on a geometric growth... while the old rp veterans are facing extinction and leading guilds of 2-5 players... I have done my best to help and be at every event... promoting all guilds... and helping out...

That is all I can offer.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cool. I have never heard of the high ranking position of Maroy, but I assume that it is quite disquingished. Hopefully The RBG will be able to work with this "Maroy" and we can pring peace and unity to the town.

Had I known that the position of Maroy was available, I would have considered running for it myself.

The current mayor of New Haven is an NPC, so certainly no one will be able to "take over" New Haven. The position of vice-Maroy has been vacent now for some time. If the Maroy himself is active inside Haven, we can work together to improve it.

The true "Mayor" of Haven, an NPC character, will have final say over matters pertaining to the laws of Haven. I do not have a problem with a Maroy though, the position sounds very impressive, however it would be nice to be informed and included in the voting process... which apparently happened at Aegis according to Sir Rotep, and I mean no disrespect by quoting, so if I am incorrect please enlighten me.

We spend quite a bit of time in Haven, perhaps the Maroy would like to join us for some good conversation tonight.
Finally, can't we all work together on this?

LOL This cracked me up. That will teach me to proofread eh? And you would have made a great Maroy Zuck.

C

CatLord

There was no vote... there were four threads and a book locked in Aegis for people to Vote... (yup, Aegis)

I wonder how many New Haven Citizens know Aegis even exist... hum, plenty... we took a bunch there to fight the demons...

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There was no vote but someone in he rp community went after James.
Someone placed gm trapped crates all over New Haven... killing several new players.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1338996

We, the Tormtars, cleaned the area... and we GRI and our allies held a meeting... simultaneously we posted on the boards if anyone opposed that James would be the Deputy Mayor.

All was cool...

So time flew by... and we saw no interest in doing anything, no interaction... and we waited... 9 months.

When May 2010 arrived we decided to have a New Haven Census.

http://www.uoforums.com/rbg-ooc-public/76487-new-haven-census-may-10-a.html?

and we voted on a new deputy mayor...
There was rumour of foul play again... and the Uss Baat'leb won the elections... well, one of them did.

Then June 2010... usual meeting on the first Sunday of the Month.

We discuss everything that affects New Haven, polished the details about RBG and voted on a New Haven Deputy Mayor... with Dove Rianna earning our trust.

Of those present, neither Va'lis nor Rotep were allowed to vote because they are not part of the Township.

The first belongs to Wind... the second is a Child of the Empire.
(they have their own areas of jurisdiction)

The way I see it is, a town in UO "belongs" to whoever RP's as it's citizens or militia. As far as EM's and storylines are concerned of course. James rarely come to Haven, and all of us in the circle are there incessantly, either as RBG or as circle guilds.

It makes sense that someone else who is always in town would be chosen by it's citizens as someone better able to lead it, knowing the current mayor doesn't care for his constituents, and spends more time in the Empire than in haven itself. Even if it is a smelly former pirate...

So, to end my reply... we not only roleplayed it, but we also posted the information and proceed with the interaction among all of our members.

Usually I would not try to explain what we are doing to other players that have little to no interest in helping us... however Aedon has been guiding us so we dont step on anyones jurisdiction/toes...

We appreciate if this could be bilateral... and the inspiring elder rpers of the community lead by example.

We welcome everyone to interact... and we warmly share our playtime with everyone... if respect is mutual.

However, any attempt to disrupt our gameplay will be severly ignored.

On an activity chart... we are on a geometric growth... while the old rp veterans are facing extinction and leading guilds of 2-5 players... I have done my best to help and be at every event... promoting all guilds... and helping out...

That is all I can offer.

There was an actual vote held Pitr. The boxes were placed in the Knight's Rest and folks showed up to vote. I announced election day and the polling place clearly. This is RP history.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Enjoy your RP Pitr. The rest of us will know who is Mayor.

James Bunny-man forever!!!!

C

CatLord

Yup, New Haven Election held in Aegis...

How many New Haven Citizens?

C

CatLord

I enjoy my rp...

I know who the mayor is... he has the title and lives in New Haven 24/7.

Sorry but this time it isnt a post that will stop the story line...

You can always try to bring your knights to make sure aegis has a puppet in power... but if i remember correctly, the last time it ended with RBG defending Aegis...

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Things get ugly when you start to take over "cities" that are not player-ran. I don't think we should be naming "politicians" to any city because OSI/EA did that a long long time ago. What we could do is assist and help to defend the cities when in trouble or faced by evil.

Like for example, guild XYZ has a player-ran town near Minoc (let's say --- only example plz), they could say that they will help to protect and defend Minoc. But it should be like XYZ owns Minoc and elects a Mayor and Chancellor and Emissary and NO ONE ELSE can do anything with Minoc. Because then you have conflicts...

Maybe, we should ALL just breathe and ponder that no city belongs to any one of us, its all EA's property that they RENT to us for a fee which we all pay equally. So everyone has equal access to that property. And maybe we should stay away from "claiming" cities in that manner and find a new way that will not get folks fighting each other.

Just my .02 cents? Who's the piper? ;)

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I enjoy my rp...

I know who the mayor is... he has the title and lives in New Haven 24/7.

Sorry but this time it isnt a post that will stop the story line...

You can always try to bring your knights to make sure aegis has a puppet in power... but if i remember correctly, the last time it ended with RBG defending Aegis...

Only because some one chose to do a gigantic mob spawn in Aegis. Which we did not want or ask for.
And I paid good gold for those votes.

C

CatLord

* chuckles *

Buttercup was a pirate back then... she sure got alot of ale from the election gold... :gee:

PS:
I am not trying to be mr smarty pants... just moving on with the plot.
(great post btw... great story...)

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not saying that the election with James wasn't incredibly corrupt, in fact most of us would have been disappointed if it wasn't a complete sham that went to far that's what makes it funny. The opponent was literally phrased as "the other corrupt monster" implying James was a corrupt monster.

Pitr, I think you are missing the point in all this, we accept James as Mayor because it's so absurd, so strange, and so crazy that it's funny it was never meant to actually be a real thing but it grew as a giant joke and even now the protesting is still a joke, James doesn't actually do anything but yet still keeps his campaign promises of "no taxes from pirates" mainly because the pirates had been less active.

It was just a giant joke and every RPer knew that and played along because, well let's be honest we were bored and now we get to play protest which is again really funny.

Also, The pirates are back so in contrast the new mayor may have problems which adds to the joke that James was actually doing something.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not saying that the election with James wasn't incredibly corrupt, in fact most of us would have been disappointed if it wasn't a complete sham that went to far that's what makes it funny. The opponent was literally phrased as "the other corrupt monster" implying James was a corrupt monster.

Pitr, I think you are missing the point in all this, we accept James as Mayor because it's so absurd, so strange, and so crazy that it's funny it was never meant to actually be a real thing but it grew as a giant joke and even now the protesting is still a joke, James doesn't actually do anything but yet still keeps his campaign promises of "no taxes from pirates" mainly because the pirates had been less active.

It was just a giant joke and every RPer knew that and played along because, well let's be honest we were bored and now we get to play protest which is again really funny.

Also, The pirates are back so in contrast the new mayor may have problems which adds to the joke that James was actually doing something.
*nod, nod.*

C

CatLord

Jokes aside you are welcome the next meeting... Sunday, 4th July (we might have to change this one)

There you can apply again... and see the outcome of the vote.

Bedtime... thank you for the board duel.

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the invite, but I rarely make meetings. And no need for me to see any vote. I know all too well who the Mayor of New Haven is. *grins*

C

CatLord

Actually he, and most New Haven Citizens, came from the future...

New Haven emerged in the wake of the destruction of "Old" Haven, presumably at the hands (intentionally or not) of Blackrock traders who offered great rewards for players' Blackrock.

The citizens of New Haven, in particular their Mayor (who is found in a building near the bank) assert that their town's quick rise from the ashes of "Old" Haven is due to their (the New Haven-ites) being time travelers. Whether this is accurate or not, and what if anything may come of it, remains to be seen. The Mayor refuses to give any more details, due to fears of corrupting the timeline.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC1VC16WQcw

V

Victoria Navarre

*Sighs at both Pitr and Aedon* Amser is a SHE!! Show her respect!! *wags finger*

CharlieTib

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dont worry about it anymore guys, im dropping out. i just wanted to have fun with it,i dont care whos deputy mayor but it wont be me anymore. ive tried it all of 2 days and it went to possibly fun to obnoxious and annoying.i have other things to worry about not stuff like this.....

---Dove Reanna,Deputy Mayor of Haven for 2 days

C

Corvak

It's becoming clear to me that a portion of the Catskills RP community is hostile towards new members and new RP.

I am sorry you couldn't stick it out, Dove. I think you would have made a wonderful deputy mayor. One who would actually play the role instead of holding the title without acting on it in any way, only to deny others the chance to do so.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Sigh*

I will defy this so called Mayor Bunnyman and roam the lands with my dark paladin. I will be lurking and scheming in places until order and rightful politics are in their places. I will secretly fight for change in ways unknown to many. If you come across my path you may hear me muttering words of my plans. Pay attention to any who defy me of my ramblings. It may be more then words that I may smite thee with! *rises fist in the air and walks away slowly keeping my eye on everybody*

*Ok that was my shot at a little RP lol so please excuse the noobness :p. Charlie hang in dont give up. The road is always rocky before it becomes smooth. In a sense with the issues of who is deputy mayor treat it like a coup. It gives us something intersting to work with. Kind of like a power struggle out with the old and in with the new. :) *

CharlieTib

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thank you for wanting to believe in me. im sorry if i let you down.i wanted so much to enjoy it.i guess i wasnt ready yet to come back into a leadership role.especially letting the neigh-sayers get me so upset so quickly.
i just wanted to avoid getting hurt again,i had already been insulted by my last guild in many ways.so i ran before i could get hurt further.in a way i wish i could take back my dropping out,just so that i could give myself a chance.i just wanted to have fun.i love dealing with people....*sighs* some just got to me too quickly. but no matter what i dont think it was fair to be attacked so quickly.i didnt even have a chance to do good things,i didnt have a chance to do anything before i was having james hung over my head.i am not james no but i had the ability to do something good too.

RP needs to be less uptight and more about the fun of the game,its this stuff that doesnt just drive people out of positions or guilds, it drives people out of catskills.i didnt deserve the being made to feel like this.

thank you though for the posts for me,they made me feel a bit better

---Dove Reanna

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well then, it seems as though Haven is a split town after all. You all can see and believe what you want, and we will see what we want.

James is the official bought and paid for Mayor of New Haven. Nothing will change that any time soon.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ya know, someone has tried to be apart of the RP community. They tried to make Cats a better place for everyone. They had no desire to obtain any sort of power, only to interact. This person came here and spilled the truth about how she has been treated over this "Bunny-Man" thing. She indicated that she has taken much grief over it. After coming out here and spilling her guts, those of you who pushed this so called "joke" have nothing to say other than joking around and poking fun at it.

During her speach at the EM meeting she was interupted and we were brought into this mini debate over this Jame's issue. This was ACTUALLY in front of the EM. The Bunny-Man thing wasn't presented as a "Joke" but as an actual part of shard history. There was only one person speakign about the bunnyman thing but we spent about 10 minutes going back and forth over it....... a true roleplaying marvel (sarcasm).

I wont name names but I have lost some respect for several of you and I guess I will need to rethink the definition of what a roleplayer is. For those of you who have attacked the RBG, you have done so pertaining to deputy mayors. It appeared that some of you were really bothered by the fact that a new player who wasnt apart of the RP community was made a deputy mayor in the RBG storyline. You attack, make ultimatums, push and divide.... then after the grief you have called this person, you say:

"Oh it was a joke, haha! LOL! This whole time it was an inside joke! All for fun!"

This person was spoken against rather harshly for several days and told in front of the EM by a couple individuals that she was indeed not in the position which she was "elected." You give this history lesson, in game and out of game about how this so called old mayor was elected, and anyone not willing to acknowledge it will be "severely ignored.""

The person didn't want drama or to step of any toes, so she quit.

Pretty harsh way to come on, for just a joke.

So good job, you have gotten this person to quit, and how gracefully they have. Now that the fact is over, you don't bother to reply at her genuine posts. No explaination of the joke, just the cold shoulder.

When we were looking for someone to hold the title of deputy mayor (from a RP standpoint, don't worry everyone, we are not trying to steal your new haven), we looked for someone who didnt care about items or quarrels. We went for someone that would genuinly help people, someone that wouldn't grieve over the past and someone who wanted to see cats roleplay grow.

Ya know what fellas, no wonder that cats roleplaying community went from top notch to bottem of the barrel.

I expect to lose popularity amongst some of you with this post but I do not care and I do not want to be apart of "your catskills." I try to do the right thing and what I saw today made me shake my head. I wonder how those of you who ran this girl out of the fictional position of a video game town deputy mayor away from RP feel about your little joke.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Dove, thank you for trying. You are always welcome to try again or join us in a different area of RP if you wish. I am very sorry that some people have very little regard for anyone beyond themselves. You did a great job.

V

Victoria Navarre

Very well put Zuckuss. With what has transpired in this forum the last week or so,it is pretty clear that there is a huge change coming in the RP landscape. I,for one,welcome it.But there's this problem with some of the "old guard" when comes to change. They don't want it and will fight to keep it from happening.

I liken it to a two-party political system where some of the "incumbits" are being voted out for some fresh faces. This loss of the feeling of security and "power" can be unsettling. They have been the center of all things RP for so long,that they expect for everyone else to bend to what they think is right. If you don't,you and your RP attempts will be ignored and you will be spoken of harshly in forums.

V

Victoria Navarre

Grab your backpack and come try it out... then you let us know if we're doing the right thing...
From my pov you are doing the right thing. Attempting to bring together the community as a whole and to be more active. What could be better? I'll actually look forward to logging on again.

Edit: I created an account there but I have been too lazy to check my email to activate it.