• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Ancient Mandrake Root

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What do you do with it? What do you get for it? Where do you turn it in? *waits for answers*

Mentiras

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Ive not found one so cant say if you can turn it in to the npc lily, I would hold it till the EM is around provided it doesn't have a short timer.

Demon Wind

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I hear you Hope so too but it really has caused way to much controversy and you got people all upset over heresay. Perhaps we should all find out things about items before paying outrageous amount of gold for it and then accuse people of scamming. We all know no one gets scammed unless they are uninformed. We don't need to blame others for our lack of knowledge. That of course is my opinion. My apologies to all. Damia and Mad Min I believe are both good people no reason for either to be disrespected in gobal chat.

jeriicco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://legends.uoem.net/?p=699

My *guess* is that turning in the mandrake roots will earn you virtual points for a virtual trophy, which is best explained in the link above. This however is just a guess as there has been no information provided by the EM as to what the purpose of the mandrake root is. However the EM did say that turning in the root would only get you thanks from Lily at this point....leading me to believe something may be rewarded in the future but again the only possible thing I can guess as a reward is virtual points and virtual trophies. There are no immediate rewards such as special coins, like some player who are attempting to sell the mandrake roots claim. Good luck and enjoy your virtual trophies....

Jasmynn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I hear you Hope so too but it really has caused way to much controversy and you got people all upset over heresay. Perhaps we should all find out things about items before paying outrageous amount of gold for it and then accuse people of scamming. We all know no one gets scammed unless they are uninformed. We don't need to blame others for our lack of knowledge. That of course is my opinion. My apologies to all. Damia and Mad Min I believe are both good people no reason for either to be disrespected in gobal chat.
Of course it causes controversy when you have someone selling an event item for an absurd amount of gold and claiming you will get something when you turn it in. While some blame can be placed on the party who bought the item, to say "We don't need to blame others for our lack of knowledge", is ridiculous. Blame should also be placed upon the scammer who knowingly passed on incorrect information in hopes of gaining gold. The definition of a scammer is one who deprives someone by deceit. The individual who was selling the item willing lied and gave misinformation in order to gain from their lie. That would be like saying Bernie Madoff should not be to blame for the thousands of people affected by his Ponzi scheme. As you can see, scamming is a jailable offense at some levels. So yes, the person attempting to pass off the scheme is just as much to blame (in my opinion more to blame) than the person who trustingly attempted to purchase the event item. Their lack of integrity doesn't make playing the game that much fun, and your attempt to pass all of the blame to the affected party is disappointing.

legendsguy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Couldn't agree more, Jasmynn. That guy.. and we all know who I'm referring to.. is a despicable person and no one should be defending his actions.