• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An interest in...? (OOC)

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there any interest in a sticky on the top of the boards, for guilds to be able to offer a brief summary and description of their roleplaying guild, community, or statehood? I'm also thinking of allowing a separate sticky to describe each shards roleplaying community as a whole, but this is ever-changing, and I'm not sure how each shard would want to handle this.

Also, are any communities interested in a future series of cross-shard tours. Last May, the Baja Roleplayers Alliance teamed up with Chesapeake and Pacific, each shard hosting a series of tours to show off each others shards. It was a cool way to share show off, share ideas, and has even prompted some cross-shard interaction between Chesapeake (PaxLair) and Baja (Dawn/BRPA).

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What about a single thread with all shards in it.. just separate each shard with a new reply post and just edit as you get new info. Can include general rp info about the different rp communities at the top of the related post.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may do just that, but I would prefer that each shard write a summary of their own communities.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I may do just that, but I would prefer that each shard write a summary of their own communities.
I might be misunderstanding what you mean by summary. See, part of the problem is.. not all shards have a single rp community... some have multiple ones (unfortunately). I personally don't think a 'summary' of the rp style is needed, nor feasible without showing favoritism or having multiple descriptive summaries of all different communities. Just providing links to the community websites with maybe a short tag line for each url and then under it add in the shard's rp guilds that GMs submit. If folks are interested in joining a rp community, they can go to the community website/forums and check it out. If you start having each group "advertise" a summary than it really becomes a competition... I don't want to see rpers trying to compete, but rather work together to rekindle rp as a whole and not fight like dogs over new rpers.

Again.. if I totally missed the concept you were trying, I do apologize and I blame not enough caffeine. *grins* Also, keep in mind these are simply -my- opinions and not meant honestly as attempting to shoot down your enthusiasm.

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you understand the concept. It was my thought that each community could talk about their shards themes, their guilds, their roleplaying cultures, and so fourth. I've personally observed that each shard is intensely different, and what might be popular or work on one shard is far different from other shards.

You've brought up a good point though. We don't want competition. I'm thinking it might be better just to have a sticky thread for everyone to talk about their individual guilds, and let people judge their communities by what they see.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can definitely kick the Atlantic community into gear to get their guilds added. Might be easier if you made the thread and a thread for each rp shard in alpha order to make it easier for folks to search. Maybe like this?

*new thread* First post basic explaining what the thread is, how to rp information and what it means, maybe some basic do's and don'ts
*next post* Atlantic Roleplaying Community - link to any rp community forums (I know one, but there -might- be others I don't know of)

Then list the guilds alphabetically..

Guild Name: Blah blah [Blah]
Guildmaster:
Guildmaster contact info: (ICQ, email, msn, whatever)
Guild website/forums:
RP Community: wwd.urlofrpcommunitywebsite, if any.com

Guild Description: *insert short paragraph describing the guild limit it to x words*

Common hangout locations where guild might be found in game:

*next post* Baja Community RP Sites *insert guilds*

(rinse and repeat)

It would be a lot of work on your part or someone else to maintain and set up, but it would be far better for the community to have them send you the guild info via PM or maybe posting in a seperate guild gathering info post you can make. Reason I suggest this is because it'll keep it much more concise and easier to search than 15 pages of people posting their guilds in no shard order and might be better than 10 different sticky threads for each shard. That way if a guild disbands or a new one needs to be added, you could just have to go back and edit your post to make the changes.

As I said I am sure I can get you a list of Atlantic rp guilds when you're ready. Catskills, Europa, GL, etc will join in with a simple post on their stratics shard forums.