• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

An idea from a crafter!

Do you think this is a worthwhile idea?

• You betcha! Tell me where to sign up!

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Nope.

Votes: 10 66.7%

• Total voters

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So as I mine away I ponder a few things. Why did I come to Siege? I wanted adventure and something different, a change of pace as it were. Not the easiest thing for a single character slot when you prefer the crafting aspect of the game. So what kind of adventure have I encountered? Hmm...well been pk'd at the bank a couple times while naked...not really fun, rather annoying as I've said before. Killed by a few dark wisps while running around naked...well, interesting but again..more of an annoyance.

So I try to come up with what would be adventurous to someone not built for combat? On a shard where the crafters are a tasty morsel for so many of the pk'rs? And I thought..well, maybe give them a reason to kill me rather then just kill me! Sure, as it is now they'll get some shovels and some ore, but that cant be all that fascinating to a mighty PvP'r like some out there! After all, I'm not here to be in a safe zone all the time.
Problem I have, really dont like losing things I work so hard for but then again...who does? Second problem? Now that I have a wonderful fire bug to follow me around and make mining so much more efficient, I really dont want to have him turned into a ghost and my night of work called to a halt while I try to find someone to ressurect him and not have him killed right off by the nearest brute.

And since this is where the people come to talk about such things, I figured lets toss this idea out and see what everyone thinks. My thought was rather simple, once or twice a day I'd wear something or have something on me that was somewhat of value (keeping in mind...simple crafter, can only make so much). Maybe a full set of armor...something along those lines, something that's easily visable. you find me working with it, kill me without fear of guards or nasty words or thoughts or any of that nonsense. Leave the bug alone since He's harmless. If I'm naked, walk on by or ask me when I'll be crafting something nice...I know a lot of people like to roleplay, from a real life perspective I wouldnt know if you were a killer or murderer unless you've killed me before (hard to say that part in a rea life perspective), so if you were to ask a shop keeper when his next shipment was coming in, nothing would be thought of it...but would it would give you as a pk'r where and when I'd be when I had something of worth on.

It's a rather rough idea. Just trying to come up with something to make killing naked crafters a little more interesting and also give folks a chance to actually get their skills to a point where they'd be benificial. I'm not here to live in a safe zone, I'm here to have fun but as I've stated before, being repeatedly pk'd just so someone can get murder counts on something that cant fight back...kinda boring. And I dont like calling guards (to the individual whom I called them on the other night I appologize, that was bad timing...I didnt get to play all weekend then the game was down when I got a chance then you attacked me when I finally got in. I hesitated before I typed it, didnt want to but timing was everything). Also, I want to try to make it more interesting for you folks who prey on the defensless crafters.

Any constructive feedback? Not sure if anyone has ever offered a suggestion like this or tried it before. Or if it would even be worth it. I'd even be willing to take suggestions as to what to make/wear to give you items you'd want (again, simple crafting items since cant rush out and gather a dozen taint, half dozen trav eyes and such)

begin imput....NOW!

R

Rykus

I have this funny feeling that if you died with some decent stuff on your corpse, and knowing many of the personalities on this shard over the past 5 years, there is a very good chance one of the following scenarios below would occur.

- You would be dry looted, your crappy items cut up into leather/cloth, and the decent item taken. You would then be called every synonym for n00b, while having your intelligence and ancestry heavily insulted.

- Your would be dry looted, your crappy items ignored, and the good item(s) taken, with very little thought, if any, about why you were carrying them.

- If killed by Ha Ha, your corpse would be defiled in unimaginable ways, then you would be sent a link, that if opened, could cause permanent mental, retinal, and/or cardio-pulmonary damage. Your items may or may not be dry looted, but even if they remained on your corpse, you would NEVER want to touch any of it, after you found out where it has been..

Other scenarios are possible, but this is what comes to mind.

In summary, I seriously doubt you would find the interaction, or satisfaction you may be seeking, except on a very rare occasion. There are certainly people out there who would play along, but those kind of people are IMHO not typically the same ones who would PK a crafter to begin with.

$.01

S

Sweeney

Don't turn yourself into a victim man! You sound like an appeaser. My advice: stay away from populated towns, train your skills. Refuse to deal with people/guilds that pk'ed you. I'd say more but it all amounts to keeping your dignity.

archiv

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have this funny feeling that if you died with some decent stuff on your corpse, and knowing many of the personalities on this shard over the past 5 years, there is a very good chance one of the following scenarios below would occur.

- You would be dry looted, your crappy items cut up into leather/cloth, and the decent item taken. You would then be called every synonym for n00b, while having your intelligence and ancestry heavily insulted.

- Your would be dry looted, your crappy items ignored, and the good item(s) taken, with very little thought, if any, about why you were carrying them.

- If killed by Ha Ha, your corpse would be defiled in unimaginable ways, then you would be sent a link, that if opened, could cause permanent mental, retinal, and/or cardio-pulmonary damage. Your items may or may not be dry looted, but even if they remained on your corpse, you would NEVER want to touch any of it, after you found out where it has been..

Other scenarios are possible, but this is what comes to mind.

In summary, I seriously doubt you would find the interaction, or satisfaction you may be seeking, except on a very rare occasion. There are certainly people out there who would play along, but those kind of people are IMHO not typically the same ones who would PK a crafter to begin with.

$.01

This is pretty much what I had figured since the start, but thought I'd try to make it more interesting. I know the mentality of crafter killers is, for the most part, rather lacking. But sometimes a little incentive gives them reason to kill rather then just bunny-hunt.

And to the other post, I do stay out of sight as best I can, avoid the bullies and work my skills..but, gets boring. And really, I can do that back on my previous shard. That's not why I came here. It may be what I do here but I had hoped for something more.

Thanks for the input, both. It's hard to create these types of things on such an established shard with many long-time players.

But!! Never hurts to toss the ideas out, that's how fun happens!

G

Gunn4r

I wont kill you... but I will steal all your shovels and ingots.

bhahaha

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I play as a crafter, my usual reaction to getting pk'd is to go find the nearest healer, leaving the pk to investigate my corpse. If he's still there when I get back I'll try talking to him/her. Usually something uninteresting like 'I guess I picked the wrong mining spot today' . I stand well back from my corpse too, not approaching unless/until given permission to do so.

Some will just ignore you or say something unfriendly, but some will answer, some will do it in an RP style (Wyrm for example). It won't stop them killing you again, but sometimes they'll spare your pet next time, and gradually you get to know more people on the shard.

To be honest, the biggest annoyance, for me, is I can never remember what was in my darn pack and always find I have something missing when I want to use it.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wont kill you... but I will steal all your shovels and ingots.

bhahaha

If you like to kill miners leave the shovels tinker kits and the iron ingots. some times they will stay and mine you more ingots.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't turn yourself into a victim man! You sound like an appeaser. My advice: stay away from populated towns, train your skills. Refuse to deal with people/guilds that pk'ed you. I'd say more but it all amounts to keeping your dignity.
I'd have to agree with you on most points, except refusing to deal with people or guilds that pk'd you. A crafter with that attitude won't have much business. :bored:

A

archite666

my pk will always kill you if you are afk, but if you are in the field and roleplay and have something of value, I will always take it in exchange for your life.

Usually something shiny, gold or a gem.

a gem may get you guarded for a while heh depending on my mood.

its a good idea though.

Q

Quira

In my opinion, the most important thing for a crafter on Siege is housing. Think long and hard about where you want your house to be and save enough money to get the house you like.

That allows me to always travel light. Some PKs read these boards, some don't. Some will be prepared to agree not to kill your mount / portaforge / pack animal, some won't. Bottom line: you will always meet people who kill you and dryloot, mount kill, try to make you miserable. The trick is: make sure you don't care. And the solution in my case is: housing.

A house, even a very small one, really close to a gate gives you safe passage to the whole world. Umbra and Makoto give you a very short, protected run to the bank.

The same house will give you vendor space for vendors that really sell if you like to stock vendors.

These houses are expensive of course. But they give you a goal on Siege.

And the dark wisps remain a PITA :)

Kind regards